The grammar of Gal 2 and the folly of 2P2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Jesus came for what? Tell me, Madists.

What in the world did Jesus come for it Paul was going to preach another gospel anyway.

God's Truth

Matthew 18:11 (KJV)
Matthew 15:24 (KJV)

Jesus came for the lost sheep then ALL could come to him to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Paul calls it Jew first then Gentile.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

God's Truth

Bah.

-- GT

Jesus came to earth to teach the New Covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant; and, Paul says that he himself is the minister of the New Covenant.

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Interplanner

Jesus came for the lost sheep then ALL could come to him to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Paul calls it Jew first then Gentile.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

'to the Jew first' trying to get as many of them on board as ministers of the new covenant (or, eternal covenant in Heb 13) because of the built-in background they would have.

Hmmm, if it's the eternal covenant, the other is temporary...

God's Truth

'to the Jew first' trying to get as many of them on board as ministers of the new covenant (or, eternal covenant in Heb 13) because of the built-in background they would have.

Hmmm, if it's the eternal covenant, the other is temporary...

What are you talking about?!

What is temporary?!

There is ONE GOSPEL.

It is eternal.

Interplanner

What are you talking about?!

What is temporary?!

There is ONE GOSPEL.

It is eternal.

I was giving my interp of 'to the Jew first' I think it had to do with the mission.

If the new covenant is eternal (it is because it is Christ), the old had to have been temporary. That should put a stop to 2P2P right there, but it is amazing what people imagine to believe these days.

Yes there is one Gospel and it is the eternal gospel.

God's Truth

I was giving my interp of 'to the Jew first' I think it had to do with the mission.

If the new covenant is eternal (it is because it is Christ), the old had to have been temporary. That should put a stop to 2P2P right there, but it is amazing what people imagine to believe these days.

Yes there is one Gospel and it is the eternal gospel.

See, you did what you before tried to counsel me on and that is to make yourself clear if you are correcting someone or agreeing with someone.

Jesus FULFILLED the old law---that means it was about him, and when he came the shadows disappeared.

Colossians 2:17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

There are no shadows in the Light, Jesus Christ.

Interplanner

See, you did what you before tried to counsel me on and that is to make yourself clear if you are correcting someone or agreeing with someone.

Jesus FULFILLED the old law---that means it was about him, and when he came the shadows disappeared.

Colossians 2:17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

There are no shadows in the Light, Jesus Christ.

I have never heard a 2P2P person here discuss what 'shadow' vs 'reality' means; not a one. it is a totally foreign concept because they think we have to go back to the shadows or copies.

SaulToPaul 2

I have never heard a 2P2P person here discuss what 'shadow' vs 'reality' means; not a one. it is a totally foreign concept because they think we have to go back to the shadows or copies.

:chuckle:

We talk about Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, Pentecost, Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Tabernacles.

These are shadows of things to come that Christ fulfills.

You run away from these. Why? Because you are mightily ignorant of each of them.

Interplanner

Because there are no 2P2P people here at TOL.
It's a figment of your overactive imagination.

nonsense, most all of you believe there are is a separate program for the land promises of Israel and a restored Davidc theocracy. You just never realized that one of the leaders of D'ism called it that years ago and accepted a mucked up Bible ever since, derailed at Gal 3:8 and Acts 2:30. (31 for RD).

Danoh

nonsense, most all of you believe there are is a separate program for the land promises of Israel and a restored Davidc theocracy. You just never realized that one of the leaders of D'ism called it that years ago and accepted a mucked up Bible ever since, derailed at Gal 3:8 and Acts 2:30. (31 for RD).

Let's try this again, IP...

...there are no 2P2P people here at TOL.
It's a figment of your overactive imagination.

Interplanner

You are derailed at Gal 3:8 because you don't think the gospel is there. That is, you think he actually meant the land and could not have been referring to Christ. Because once you say that, you have to subtract 1P from ALL theology.

You are derailed at Acts 2:30 because you don't think the resurrection is the enthronement of Christ in his kingdom now.

SaulToPaul 2

You are derailed at Gal 3:8 because you don't think the gospel is there. That is, you think he actually meant the land and could not have been referring to Christ. Because once you say that, you have to subtract 1P from ALL theology.

You are derailed at Acts 2:30 because you don't think the resurrection is the enthronement of Christ in his kingdom now.

I believe and understand them all very well.
You do not believe them, therefore your understanding is greatly skewed.

Interplanner

I believe and understand them all very well.
You do not believe them, therefore your understanding is greatly skewed.

You don't believe either is Christ! You believe there is to be a land and that promise was the gospel (for them); you believe there is a David on a Davidic throne instead of what it says David said he foresaw! It is plain English.

Stop making 2P2P the standard of what divides believers from unbelievers. That is only for Christ the Promise. He is not divided. 2P2P is muck and fraud and cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.