The Gospel Of Thomas

unknown

Again, sorry for interrupting it. I'm in a less than serious mood these days and it's easy to forget not everyone is up for that.

I did have a point under all that, but it wasn't a mean spirited one.

:think: I likely would if I saw a post or two. Anyway, good luck with the thread and if I can think of something to contribute I'll chime in. Otherwise I promise to stretch my funny bone elsewhere.

I suppose I assumed it not being in the religion section that it was a bit less grave...the religion section being where very, very serious people tend to launch extremely serious threads and smiling is akin telling knock-knock jokes at a funeral :)

:e4e:

No problem TH. I mistook you for a goosedneck marobe or meshak or spongebob type. Is it any wonder I'm trigger happy? They've kinda ruined TOL for me. Tambora was buggin me yesterday over a Bob Dylan quote. sheeesh.

Now that I know your intent, talk about whatever you like. (as if my permission mattered around here)

unknown

Hi Unknown, sorry you’re thinking of leaving when I’ve only just met you. But I quite understand.

I’d really like a Kabbalah study group, but I can’t find one yet.
Shame it obviously can’t be done on TOL.
Like I was just saying to TH, TOL is not really my cup of tea anymore. As long as I can have a somewhat intelligent discussion, I'm ok. I have PTSD and my blood seems to boil at a lower temperature these days.

There have been a couple of Kabbalah threads but not many here are interested.

There is much Kabbalah in the world, beware. I recommend staying away from any Kabbalah that has anything to do with potions, red strings or any thing like that. It is totally impossible to use the upper forces for any selfish reason.

unknown

It may be, my limited knowledge of the kabbalah did not really get into that aspect. However I totally agree with that He is going to where the baby just came,back to the Creator.

Reincarnation to me makes sense on the level that, I dont think we can gain all we need to move on to greater things the Creator has in store for us in one lifetime. And I do not believe the Creator will destroy so quick that which He loves and Created.. so it kinda appeals to me. And I do not think the Creator would spoil His children with a perfect book or set of rules, I think He wants us to grow,learn and seek on our own,or else like the rich born child we would not respect that which is givin free and without labor and will not respect it.
And Jesus taught to always seek the truth, if the whole truth was all in one book He would have said, Just read this book over and over.

This outlook I also borrow from the Tao,Hermetic tradition, kabbalah , Jewish and Christian study. That would be my background I guess.
I know nothing about the hermetic tradition, I'll google it later. I have been studying Kabbalah and I got there from studying Judaism and I got there from trying to be a Christian. That all happened in the last 15 years. As a kid (around 7 ) I had an experience that I could not explain. Now I see that I couldn't explain it because I didn't understand it. Never the less I sought out the experience again and the understanding of what had happened; I still do.

I was introduced to the Tao when I was around 15. Not the teachings, The Tao. That was one of those "chance" meetings I always seem to enjoy. I was playing guitar in the park one night all by myself and this guy comes up and we become friends right away. He taught me how to play Stairway to Heaven, all of it, that night. He was an Asian guy about my age in Los Angeles with his parents on a business trip. The next day we got together and he literally showed me what "Tao" is. again, no teachings at all (that I was aware of).

He sat me in a chair and blindfolded me and started asking about what I could see; I saw nothing but the lights normally seen when one closes his eyes tight under a blindfold. Without me knowing what he was doing, he moved the lights in any direction and even changed the color of the light. After a few minutes he said take off your blindfold and look straight up. I did and saw his hands above my head making circles with both hands.

He told me that there is a field of energy that surrounds every thing. He said this is how information is transmitted and received by the human subconsciousness. The field that surrounds us acts as both transmitter and receiver of information to and from this field (The Tao). That is all I know about it except for what I experienced from then on. If we are aware of this we can become sensitized and actually feel it. You may already know what it feels like but not realize what it is. I think that feeling is described elsewhere as intuition.

unknown

just so you know, I am enjoying this thread. :)
Thank you Eesset. I hope it's not because I unloaded (somewhat; I can do better) on TH.

I was getting the other sayings together that deal with reincarnation and another that deals with the man/woman issue A4T raised. Do you have a side in that issue?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thank you Eesset. I hope it's not because I unloaded (somewhat; I can do better) on TH.

I was getting the other sayings together that deal with reincarnation and another that deals with the man/woman issue A4T raised. Do you have a side in that issue?
No its not because you unloaded on TH.

Do I have a side in the question of reincarnation? Sure. But I have learned in this lifetime that the vast majority of people cling tightly to the concept of only one life in flesh. They get all kind of upset when someone tells them they must be born again and means it in the literal sense. Heck, even Nicodemus was incredulous when Jesus told him that.

Pnevma

Like I was just saying to TH, TOL is not really my cup of tea anymore. As long as I can have a somewhat intelligent discussion, I'm ok. I have PTSD and my blood seems to boil at a lower temperature these days.

There have been a couple of Kabbalah threads but not many here are interested.

There is much Kabbalah in the world, beware. I recommend staying away from any Kabbalah that has anything to do with potions, red strings or any thing like that. It is totally impossible to use the upper forces for any selfish reason.

Yes, put your mind at rest, I’m not easily led into cults, but thank you.

I grew up with a dad who had untreated PTSD (fabulous guy), and a mum who was clinically depressed (lovely lady).

It’s no wonder I cared enough to follow the professional path I did.

Kabbalah really sparked my interest, but I think we must be at a certain level of endeavour to have it call to us. It takes a lot of ‘blood, sweat and tears’ beforehand, and during.

unknown

No its not because you unloaded on TH.

Do I have a side in the question of reincarnation? Sure. But I have learned in this lifetime that the vast majority of people cling tightly to the concept of only one life in flesh. They get all kind of upset when someone tells them they must be born again and means it in the literal sense. Heck, even Nicodemus was incredulous when Jesus told him that.
They get upset around here about a lot of things.

I kinda thought you believed in some form of reincarnation. I was thinking about the man/woman thing. And you being a woman and all.

unknown

Yes, put your mind at rest, I’m not easily led into cults, but thank you.

I grew up with a dad who had untreated PTSD (fabulous guy), and a mum who was clinically depressed (lovely lady).

It’s no wonder I cared enough to follow the professional path I did.

Kabbalah really sparked my interest, but I think we must be at a certain level of endeavour to have it call to us. It takes a lot of ‘blood, sweat and tears’ beforehand, and during.
They say that one must understand Kabbalah before he studies it. Seems odd but what they mean is they must understand the act of bestowal. When they come to learn they are just learning the language of what they already know.

When Kabbalah found me I heard these people talking about the same conclusions that I had come to. They were telling my story in a language anybody can understand, It was English but it was backed up with Hebrew. It made what the bible was telling me clearer. Milage will vary between individuals, of course.

Pnevma

They say that one must understand Kabbalah before he studies it. Seems odd but what they mean is they must understand the act of bestowal. When they come to learn they are just learning the language of what they already know.

When Kabbalah found me I heard these people talking about the same conclusions that I had come to. They were telling my story in a language anybody can understand, It was English but it was backed up with Hebrew. It made what the bible was telling me clearer. Milage will vary between individuals, of course.

Er, yes, yes, and yes!

If you ever start a Kabbalah group, please pop back and let me know!

unknown

Someone doesn't understand the difference between talking about someone and talking to someone.

so sad
blessings

This Charming Manc

Just to reinforce the point made by angel.

The early church rejected the gospel of Thomas out of hand.

John's gospel directly refutes many of gnostic doctrines contained as such.

Its basic format and message is a different gospel to the one taught by the early church, and recorded in the rest of scripture.

Junk is the polite word.

unknown

Its basic format and message is a different gospel to the one taught by the early church, and recorded in the rest of scripture.

Junk is the polite word.
The early church rejected many texts when assembling the bible. They also called other texts heretical but parts of them were already copied into other texts and are there to this day.

I don't give a hoot about what a church says. That's not what I call free or truth.

unknown

Here are three sayings that I think speak about reincarnation.

(11) Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away. The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. In the days when you consumed what is dead, you made it what is alive. When you come to dwell in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

(51) His disciples said to him, "When will the repose of the dead come about, and when will the new world come?"
He said to them, "What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Junk is the polite word.

:thumb:

unknown

..... you've been on my ignore list for a long time. I read all posts off line and when I log on I don't usually respond to remarks made by those on my ignore list. I have made exceptions to this policy from time to time. .....
This is especially true in my own threads.

Get a life mainstreamer, this is the "And The Rest " forum. I didn't put this under religion for a reason, loser.