The Gospel of Reconciliation Refutes the Calvinist Doctrine of Predestination

Shasta

Peter did not understand the Gospel, but he understood enough to know that Jesus was Lord, Acts 2:36.

Later on Paul had to correct Peter, because Peter did not fully understand justification by faith, Galatians 2:11-14.

No, that is not why Paul rebuked Peter in Galatians 2. Peter was rebuked for hypocrisy Up until then he had been eating with Gentile believers (a sign of fellowship) but when some of his fellow Jews arrived he separated from them, following the OT directive about remaining separate from the heathen. Peter was not ignorant that Gentile believers were no longer unclean because it had been revealed to him in a vision (Acts 10:15).

Had his sin been due to ignorance of the gospel Paul would have pointed it out but he did not. No, Peter's sin for which he had to be reprimanded was hypocrisy

12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party.13 And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”
(Galatians 2:12-14)

Peter had not been living according to Jewish custom and practice but when Jewish believers arrived he took sides with them out of the fear of man. Nothing is said about Peter teaching a gospel that not based on faith in Christ. The text says literally that he was not "walking in line with the truth of the gospel." Walking was and still is a Rabbinical term for how a person conducts themselves. The issue was not what he was teaching but the example Peter was setting. Because Peter was a leader he was an example to the community of Christians in Galatia. This is why Paul had to point out Peter's hypocrisy publicly as opposed to speaking to him privately about it.

Here is what Peter knew about salvation, how it is obtained and who it is for.

…8 And God, who knows the heart, showed His approval by giving the Holy Spirit to them (the Gentile believers), just as He did to us (Jewish believers). 9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you test God by placing on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? (Acts 15:8-10)

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
No, that is not why Paul rebuked Peter in Galatians 2. Peter was rebuked for hypocrisy Up until then he had been eating with Gentile believers (a sign of fellowship) but when some of his fellow Jews arrived he separated from them, following the OT directive about remaining separate from the heathen. Peter was not ignorant that Gentile believers were no longer unclean because it had been revealed to him in a vision (Acts 10:15).

Had his sin been due to ignorance of the gospel Paul would have pointed it out but he did not. No, Peter's sin for which he had to be reprimanded was hypocrisy

12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party.13 And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”
(Galatians 2:12-14)

Peter had not been living according to Jewish custom and practice but when Jewish believers arrived he took sides with them out of the fear of man. Nothing is said about Peter teaching a gospel that not based on faith in Christ. The text says literally that he was not "walking in line with the truth of the gospel." Walking was and still is a Rabbinical term for how a person conducts themselves. The issue was not what he was teaching but the example Peter was setting. Because Peter was a leader he was an example to the community of Christians in Galatia. This is why Paul had to point out Peter's hypocrisy publicly as opposed to speaking to him privately about it.

Here is what Peter knew about salvation, how it is obtained and who it is for.

…8 And God, who knows the heart, showed His approval by giving the Holy Spirit to them (the Gentile believers), just as He did to us (Jewish believers). 9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you test God by placing on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? (Acts 15:8-10)

Call it what you want. I agree with most of what you said. Truth is that Peter didn't understand the Gospel. James sent men to spy on Peter to see if he was eating with Gentiles. A definite Jewish no, no. Jews never eat with Gentiles, it is against Jewish law. When the men that James sent walked in Peter and Barnabas went under the table, they were ashamed that they got caught eating with Gentiles and breaking Jewish law.

Paul saw the whole thing and said, "But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the Gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If you being a Jew, live after the manner of the Gentiles and not like the Jews, why are you compelling the Gentiles to live as do the Jews" Galatians 2:14.

Peter was ashamed of the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

Robert Pate

Banned
While you were reading in Galatians 2, you should have read verses 7 and 8!

Peter's ministry was to the Jews. Paul's ministry was to the Gentiles.

There is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:8. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Call it what you want. I agree with most of what you said. Truth is that Peter didn't understand the Gospel. James sent men to spy on Peter to see if he was eating with Gentiles. A definite Jewish no, no. Jews never eat with Gentiles, it is against Jewish law. When the men that James sent walked in Peter and Barnabas went under the table, they were ashamed that they got caught eating with Gentiles and breaking Jewish law.

Paul saw the whole thing and said, "But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the Gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If you being a Jew, live after the manner of the Gentiles and not like the Jews, why are you compelling the Gentiles to live as do the Jews" Galatians 2:14.

Peter was ashamed of the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

In the Spirit of some good old Calvin Bashing and you... my Brother in Christ... I'm going to point out that there are some ferocious theologians out there that want to devour you. [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]. and [MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION] ain't them. The Calvie hornets nest is perpetually buzzing around you... so...

To assist you in your biblical understanding... I'm going to take the baseball bat to your favorite target.

Mankind has one trait in common. STUPIDITY!!!

The key to Peter and James is within your emphasis on JESUS... ALONE.

Calvinism is the name of the culmination of a student of Reformation writings. How stupid is that! Like Christian as put forth in Acts 11:26 wasn't good enough! Like a descriptive title wasn't good enough. Let's name ourselves after a rotting corpse of a man like myself! Lol and Rotfl!!!

But it gets better... Luther coined the phrase... BY FAITH ALONE and then stumbled on James saying "Faith without works is dead". He declared "James an epistle of Straw".

Let's get blunt! Jesus DRANK with Sinners... Prostitutes, thieves, Roman sympathizers and many other people that the SELF RIGHTEOUS hated. We're not sure if God got a little tipsy at the table, but the Pharisees sure accused him of it! Well... BIG chance taking here! I would give my left arm and leg to get tipsy with JESUS! Jesus made those grapes and the fermentation process. I picture Him laughing, crying and hugging all of the "sinners" around Him with a Divine spark in His eyes that made every sinner around Him feel Loved and Joyful inside, despite the judgment that the Self Righteous placed on His shoulders.

If ale is flowing.. wouldn't you have your BROTHER with? James... BROTHER of GOD! How cool is that!

So... first... Luther was an IDIOT! James is an entire book about never judging or shunning sinners. And... that's what that rebuke from Paul to Peter in Galatians was about!

When James says the favorite verse of the WORKERS... it is a Jesus Joke! He is literally saying... You show me your "Faith in your Self righteousness" and I'll show you "My Works of Love and imputed Righteousness from my BROTHER and GOD".

He uses the rich man to cloak a parable about self righteous people who JUDGE those that admit their sin and have freedom. You know... the ones you say... "hey, beers on me tonite"... and they're like "I don't Defile my temple." (Analogy). But.. seriously... James chapter 2 is about shunning no one! Flesh sin is no standard of judgment! Spiritual sin of self righteousness and denying that salvation is utterly free by faith to us... welll... James was making fun of the very people that would clutch his "Faith without works" quote! His BROTHER (Jesus) did the same thing with the commandments. He gives Israel freedom on HIS WORK alone! After all, GOD jail broke ISRAEL and Fed them Daily with Mannah (What is it?... Hebrew Joke)

But Israel still took the focus off of the LOGOS pillar of fire by night and the cloud by day... and managed to put it on themselves. Silly... Stupid... Us! We do it all the time! Cough... cough... GT!

Anyhow... the Calvin's think these apostles and reformation heros were godly men! Lol... I guarantee they sinned, cussed and screwed up like all of us do! Bottom line...

Peter and James had a different delivery, because they were to the Jews... but... Paul got Galatians Gritty for the Gentiles, who Jesus sent him to! The spiritual Irony of this is overwhelming! Seriously!

Jesus... the red letters are the foundation of our faith. The Death, Burial and Resurrection are our hope and salvation. His imputed righteousness is DADDY paying our plane ticket home! After all... He is looking down the road... every day for us to come home. (Lk. 15:20)

The words of scripture all agree and testify of ONE!

Jesus is the standard and our carnal efforts get in the way.

Peter is all about the grace too! But it is heavily cloaked in Spiritual allegory! Why? His message had to go to those who were within the heart of Judaism. He prolonged his preaching days by employing the tactic of speaking in a manner that only those with ears could hear. If the Jewish Emissarys seem to contradict the Gentile emmissaries words, ... Go back to the red letter parables. You'll get the jokes every time. Self Righteous people are being addressed as whores! And why not... Jesus did it in the Old Testament...

Understand? We know HIS name now! He's the theology and His Spirit is our Commentary.

Silly Calvies...

- EE

john w

Hall of Fame
There is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:8. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

There is only one Gospel=another biblical buffoon, who is clueless as to the meaning of the word, "gospel."

My evidence?

"There is only one Gospel"-Pate, asserting only one piece of good news in the bible.

Step aside, Pate.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
There is only one Gospel=another biblical buffoon, who is clueless as to the meaning of the word, "gospel."

My evidence?

"There is only one Gospel"-Pate, asserting only one piece of good news in the bible.

Step aside, Pate.

People seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between the delivery that Jesus and the 12 brought forth and the Delivery that Paul brought forth.

There is a pretty good set of verses...

(Acts 19:3f,5f) ... Ac. 19:7 Allegorically denotes that Paul is the emmisary to the Gentile Church ... (which is clearly different than the Ecclesiastical of Israel). This emphasizes that John's baptism was different than Being baptized in the Name of God (Jesus) and the addition passage that shows Paul laying hands on to pass the Spirit of (Romans 8:9 and Philippians 1:19)

The obvious division is in the fact that Paul is the only emmisary to actually be awake and addressed by YHWH after YHWH had revealed Himself as (Is. 43:11, Lk. 2:11; Php. 2:9f) post Ascention in Acts 1.

There's that, and Paul isn't one of the 12... but the 1st of His kind and direct emissary of Jesus to the Gentiles.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned

My evidence?

Step aside, Pate.

There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Paul said that there is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:6-10.

I don't think that you know what the Gospel is.

john w

Hall of Fame
There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Paul said that there is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:6-10.

I don't think that you know what the Gospel is.

Here are your words, sloppy Pate:
There is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:8. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly,

-sloppy junk, carelessness.

Clean it up, are get off this site. You hurt the cause of Christ, misquoting Him, and perverting the gospel of Christ, with your Calvinistic vicarious law keeping, from the pits of hell.

And stuff your "I don't think that you know what the Gospel is," you condescending satanic accuser, wolf, in sheep's clothing. Most of TOL laughs at your rambling, redundant, disjointed, error filled threads, based upon humanism, and what others say, on other websites, that the bible says, as you rarely study the book, much less pay attention to the details of the book, careless Pate. That's rich, coming from one who asserts that Judas preached this "one Gospel," since you are clueless as to what the term means.

Robert Pate

Banned
Here are your words, sloppy Pate:

-sloppy junk, carelessness.

Clean it up, are get off this site. You hurt the cause of Christ, misquoting Him, and perverting the gospel of Christ, with your Calvinistic vicarious law keeping, from the pits of hell.

And stuff your "I don't think that you know what the Gospel is," you condescending satanic accuser, wolf, in sheep's clothing. Most of TOL laughs at your rambling, redundant, disjointed, error filled threads, based upon humanism, and what others say, on other websites, that the bible says, as you rarely study the book, much less pay attention to the details of the book, careless Pate. That's rich, coming from one who asserts that Judas preached this "one Gospel," since you are clueless as to what the term means.

If there is another Gospel what is it John W? How many Gospels do you think that there is? You are so full of hostilities I doubt very much that you read anything that I post. There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. You apparently don't know what this Gospel is.

john w

Hall of Fame
If there is another Gospel what is it John W? How many Gospels do you think that there is? You are so full of hostilities I doubt very much that you read anything that I post. There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. You apparently don't know what this Gospel is.

Did Judas preach the good news/gospel of Christ, as defined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, Pate?

Does "gospel" merely mean "good news," Pate? So, your "only one gospel" means that there is only one piece of good news in the bible, according to you, Pate. That is not only unscriptural, but satanic.

Did Judas preach the good news/gospel of Christ, as defined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, Pate?

You are a lazy, sloppy drone, and hostile to the details of the book. My evidence? Your made up, sloppy, assertions.

"There is only one Gospel,.."-sloppy Pate

Robert Pate

Banned
Translated: The sloppy one does not know what the term "gospel" means= How many pieces of good news do you think that there is?

You need help with your hostile attitude. Do you cuss when you are irritated?

Do you believe that there is more than one Gospel? How many Gospels are there John W.?

Robert Pate

Banned
There is only one Gospel, it is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.