The Gospel of Reconciliation Refutes the Calvinist Doctrine of Predestination

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You and musterion have 0 understanding of the Gospel. Which is a concern and makes me wonder if you have the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth.

Let me ask you this, how did Jesus reconcile you and the world unto God?

Did Jesus reconcile you to God by doing something in you. Your Christian life, your works, your obedience. No, Jesus reconciled you unto God while you were still a sinner.

Before you could be saved God demands two things.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.
2. A perfect atonement for your sins and the sins of the whole world.

Jesus has met these two conditions in your name and on your behalf before you were born. In Jesus Christ you have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Because of the work and person of Jesus Christ you can now stand before God as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Robert...

The no Holy Spirit thing isn't true...

Ask [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]. and [MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION] what the requirement for salvation is... They will say...

Repent (Admit your need for God and turn from self to Jesus)
Believe (John 6:29, 63; Ephesians 2:8f; John 3:16f; Romans 4:4f)

You would say the same. You guys are hammering out the understanding of "The Sword"... none of you are "without" the "Sword".

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert...

The no Holy Spirit thing isn't true...

Ask [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]. and [MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION] what the requirement for salvation is... They will say...

Repent (Admit your need for God and turn from self to Jesus)
Believe (John 6:29, 63; Ephesians 2:8f; John 3:16f; Romans 4:4f)

You would say the same. You guys are hammering out the understanding of "The Sword"... none of you are "without" the "Sword".

No one will see heaven without the righteousness of Christ. Jesus fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's holy law and he did it in our name and on our behalf. Neither John W. nor musterion can tell me who Jesus fulfilled the law for. Did he fulfill it for himself? Did he fulfill it for God? No, he fulfilled for us, in our name and on our behalf. This is how we are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
No one will see heaven without the righteousness of Christ. Jesus fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's holy law and he did it in our name and on our behalf. Neither John W. nor musterion can tell me who Jesus fulfilled the law for. Did he fulfill it for himself? Did he fulfill it for God? No, he fulfilled for us, in our name and on our behalf. This is how we are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Robert...

Faith grants us His righteousness... like a cloak... Galatians 3:27 ... but you are also, simultaneously "Dead" in the eyes of God. We approach the throne boldly because of this Gospel revelation. (Heb. 4:16 and Eph. 3:12)

We are "Dead", but "Alive".

His Righteousness is a loaner... until we are Glory to Glory. You guys are sharpening your swords... not rending one another.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert...

Faith grants us His righteousness... like a cloak... Galatians 3:27 ... but you are also, simultaneously "Dead" in the eyes of God. We approach the throne boldly because of this Gospel revelation. (Heb. 4:16 and Eph. 3:12)

We are "Dead", but "Alive".

His Righteousness is a loaner... until we are Glory to Glory. You guys are sharpening your swords... not rending one another.

I was crucified with Christ, but now I am in heaven at the right hand of God, spiritually.

john w

Hall of Fame
You and musterion have 0 understanding of the Gospel. Which is a concern and makes me wonder if you have the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth.

Spin, evasion,

You argued:
God does not declare the believer to be dead. After the believer believes God declares the believer to be justified.

We addressed your argument, showing you were wrong.

Romans 7:4 KJV Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Colossians 3:3 KJV For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

And what do we get from you? The above irrelevancy, diversion, create a moving target. Again, that is slick, Pate...real slick...

john w

Hall of Fame

Let me ask you this, how did Jesus reconcile you and the world unto God?

Already answered, slick one. We are reconciled by His death, i.e., the penalty of sin is paid:

Romans 5:10 KJV For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

But reconciliation is not justification. He kept the law perfectly, to be qualified to be the satisfactory sin offering, as you've been shown-not so that His law keeping is imputed to us.

Did Jesus reconcile you to God by doing something in you. Your Christian life, your works, your obedience. No, Jesus reconciled you unto God while you were still a sinner.

No-my "Christian life...works..obedience..."is sanctification, not reconciliation.He justified me when I was a sinner, ungodly.

Get your terms straight.
Before you could be saved God demands two things.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.

Wrong. Keeping the law is just doing what is required, but is not righteousness. A forgiven, reconciled thief, murderer,....is still a thief, murderer...... . Memorize what is required:

The righteousness of God.
2. A perfect atonement for your sins and the sins of the whole world.

And? Quite irrelevant to your satanic vicarious law keeping. That perfect atonement, as a pre-req, requires a perfect sacrifice. Hence, He kept the law, perfectly, to be proven the satisfactory sacrifice, the propitiation, but not in our place, as you assert.
Jesus has met these two conditions in your name and on your behalf before you were born.

He did not keep the law, to be imputed to our account. You keep spamming that, with humanism, does not make it so.

In Jesus Christ you have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Because of the work and person of Jesus Christ you can now stand before God as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Correct. But the above results have NADA to do with this perverted, satanic vicarious law keeping, that you, like Calvinists, espouse.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes I did, you habitual liar. I have, over, and over again, so knock off your false assertions.

He fulfilled the law, for us, to be qualified as the "without spot" offering, the satisfactory sacrifice, the propitiation, to the LORD God, but not so that His prefect law keeping could be credited to our account, as you spam.

Hebrews 9:14 KJV How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Last edited:

musterion

Oh.

:think:

Funny, you've seen me post the saving Gospel many times in many threads. I've seen you agree with me and never correct me on it.

Now you say I'm not saved.

Odd.

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh.

:think:

Funny, you've seen me post the saving Gospel many times in many threads. I've seen you agree with me and never correct me on it.

Now you say I'm not saved.

Odd.

You still can't tell me who Jesus fulfilled the law for.

Someone is going to have to fulfill the law for you or you will never see heaven. If Jesus did not fulfill the law for you and take you out from under it, then you are still under it and will probably be judged by it.

musterion

You still can't tell me who Jesus fulfilled the law for.

Someone is going to have to fulfill the law for you or you will never see heaven. If Jesus did not fulfill the law for you and take you out from under it, then you are still under it and will probably be judged by it.

So NOW you're saying I'm not saved because my faith alone in the DBR is not enough.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
No, I wouldn't say that. Doubt JohnW would either but you'll have to ask him.

This will be my last post for the night... But... thank you for correcting me. I didn't mean to put words into you and [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]. 's mouths.

I want to restate what I was trying to say, in a more clear manner. And then... I welcome criticism and sharpening of my scriptural expression of the matter.

What I was trying to say is...

Repent... as in... that Mechanism that we keep trying to convey to others that are Works based on this site. As in, there comes a time when a person "Surrenders" that they can do nothing to save themselves, except believe that they cannot save themselves and thus they can only believe in the D.B.R.

When I say repent... I mean that I had to cease all Carnal effort in the process of my salvation by surrendering to Jesus.

Once that was done... I fully believed in Jesus' salvational "Work" alone. The Belief of the matter.

Death... I ceased faith in my flesh and ability to please God in my flesh... Repent

Burial.. Belief in Jesus that I am dead, though He resides as the Life within me... though... by death... I am freed from my entire life debt of sin.

Ressurection... He is Alive and alive within us... He is our life... and by being buried in the tomb (in place of Him, until death or reunion with Him)... in the burial of the matter... one day... we will be Glory to Glory... we will be ressurected into the righteousness He promises.

I not only ask you pick my words apart but help me articulate this more accurately.

-EE

Robert Pate

Banned
So NOW you're saying I'm not saved because my faith alone in the DBR is not enough.

One does not have to believe all of the Gospel to be saved. I am sure that you are saved, but your Gospel is not complete. We are saved by the life of Christ as well as his death. If Jesus had not fulfilled the law for us God would not have accepted him back into heaven. I will do an article on this that will be backed with scripture, later on.

Robert Pate

Banned

All that I heard when I was saved was, "But that thy blood was shed for thee" I had just turned on the TV and Billy Graham was giving the alter call. That is all that I heard and the Holy Spirit convicted me of my need for Christ and I was saved.

Peter did not preach all of the Gospel and thousands of Jews believed and were saved, Acts 2:41.

fishrovmen

All that I heard when I was saved was, "But that thy blood was shed for thee" I had just turned on the TV and Billy Graham was giving the alter call. That is all that I heard and the Holy Spirit convicted me of my need for Christ and I was saved.

Peter did not preach all of the Gospel and thousands of Jews believed and were saved, Acts 2:41.

What did Peter leave out of his "gospel"?

Robert Pate

Banned
What did Peter leave out of his "gospel"?

Peter did not understand the Gospel, but he understood enough to know that Jesus was Lord, Acts 2:36.

Later on Paul had to correct Peter, because Peter did not fully understand justification by faith, Galatians 2:11-14.