ECT The Gospel in Romans 10

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In other words, Paul's very use of "they" would exclude him in the group of those baptized for Jesus.

Words mean things. This is why most on TOL say it doesn't mean what it says, or worse, you need a pope to tell you what it really means.

God's Truth

First of all Paul wasn't at his home, he was at the house of Judas on Straight Street, and basic history tells you when bath tubs came into effect.

Where did you ever get that Paul was in his own home?

Their were people who did have baths in their homes. The poor used public baths, but not all were poor.

God's Truth

Your question in response to his joking just shows why you misunderstand the passages you do - you take one thing to mean something else.

You need to think about this a bit - Tetelestai has this same problem; which is why he recurrently turns one statement into all these screwed up ideas about what basis Mid-Acts is asserting what it is asserting.

Just because you say so does not make it true.

StanJ

Where did you ever get that Paul was in his own home?
Their were people who did have baths in their homes. The poor used public baths, but not all were poor.

I didn't, you made an assertion.

He was in a ROOM, not a home, apparently you read into scripture what you want, but if your so sure there was a bath in that room then prove it.
I suggest you LEARN about communal bathing in first century Damascus before asking such inane questions and NOT addressing those legitimate ones posted at you.

God's Truth

I didn't, you made an assertion.

He was in a ROOM, not a home, apparently you read into scripture what you want, but if your so sure there was a bath in that room then prove it.
I suggest you LEARN about communal bathing in first century Damascus before asking such inane questions and NOT addressing those legitimate ones posted at you.

I do not know how you think Paul was in his own home. No scripture says that.

God's Truth

Paul had to make his heart right before Jesus saved him. Paul had to believe and repent, he had to obey Jesus to be saved. If Jesus saved those who only believe, then Jesus would have saved Paul on the road, but Jesus did not.

Paul himself was saved the way Jesus said one is saved, yet you all go against that and teach that Paul did too.

Paul taught in Ephesus, Corinth, Athens, and everywhere else that Jesus is the Savior.

God's Truth

Paul taught what Jesus taught. Paul did not start a New Covenant. Jesus taught the guidelines to a New Covenant.

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7
[ The Greater Glory of the New Covenant ] Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Galatians 3:17
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul taught what Jesus taught. Paul did not start a New Covenant. Jesus taught the guidelines to a New Covenant.

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7
[ The Greater Glory of the New Covenant ] Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Galatians 3:17
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.
Those scriptures do not nullify the scriptures I gave.
(This is fun.)

Danoh

Danoh, STP, Stan, and Tambora, why do you fight me just for saying to obey Jesus?
Satan does not teach that Tambora.

That's a fair question.

Not that you will like, let alone, consider, actually exploring its answer.

Its very simple: you insist on the need to obey Jesus' Words in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, as if they were to the Body. They are not.

You also insist on the need to obey the Word of those He taught said obedience to, in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, as if said instruction were to the Body. It is not.

What you need to do is continue your question.

Here is a question of my own - if He sent the Twelve to all nations in Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, and Acts 1, and then empowered them from on High, with the ability to carry that out, why then the need for another Apostle?

Can you answer that with a passage or passages of Scripture that relate exactly why the need for another Apostle? Do that with verses that clearly answer this question, and you'll see why I have just said all that I have in this post.

Jerry Shugart

Its very simple: you insist on the need to obey Jesus' Words in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, as if they were to the Body. They are not.

The four gospels are separate portraits of the Lord Jesus with reference to His various relationships and offices. For instance, the gospel of John is the revelation of God who came not to judge but to save the world.

The gospel of Matthew records His advent and ministry as Israel's promised Messiah.

However, in the gospel of John we read some trans-dispensational truths, such as this one:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Danoh, do you believe that the Jews who lived under the law were saved when they believed in the Lord Jesus?

Or are you going to run and hide as you usually do when asked a question about the meaning of the Scriptures?