ECT The Gospel in Romans 10

glorydaz

Some say the Gospel isn't there. I say it is.

Paul has taught extensively in this chapter about the law and justification. The very first chapter speaks of the Gospel of Salvation. Are we just to forget the entire letter and claim Romans 10 has no back story? We "confess" what? That Jesus is Lord, the ONLY Saviour (God). Saviour from sin goes without saying. The Law with it's sacrifices for sin vs. the end of the Law for righteousness for all who believe. Separate the sacrificial death of Christ from the law, and the law has no meaning.

That He was "raised from the dead" includes His death burial and resurrection. With the heart man "believeth" unto righteousness. And what is in that word "believe"? The death, burial and resurrection is there. If it isn't then it isn't believing unto righteousness, as Paul has explained already. There it is.... the justification of faith. There isn't one single thing missing.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

DAN P

Paul has taught extensively in this chapter about the law and justification. The very first chapter speaks of the Gospel of Salvation. Are we just to forget the entire letter and claim Romans 10 has no back story? We "confess" what? That Jesus is Lord, the ONLY Saviour (God). Saviour from sin goes without saying. The Law with it's sacrifices for sin vs. the end of the Law for righteousness for all who believe. Separate the sacrificial death of Christ from the law, and the law has no meaning.

That He was "raised from the dead" includes His death burial and resurrection. With the heart man "believeth" unto righteousness. And what is in that word "believe"? The death, burial and resurrection is there. If it isn't then it isn't believing unto righteousness, as Paul has explained already. There it is.... the justification of faith. There isn't one single thing missing.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

Hi and I wonder where the Baptism and and speaking in Gibberish is not found in Rom 10:9 ??
Maybe the Holy Spirit forgot to tell Paul to write it in ??

I do not think so !!

dan p

glorydaz

Hi and I wonder where the Baptism and and speaking in Gibberish is not found in Rom 10:9 ??

I do not think so !!

dan p

Confess what, then, Dan? Why confess Jesus at all?

Believe God raised Him from the dead....what, with no death and burial?

Believe unto righteousness without sin involved?

Chapter 10 isn't sitting there in isolation.

DAN P

Confess what, then, Dan? Why confess Jesus at all?

Believe God raised Him from the dead....what, with no death and burial?

Believe unto righteousness without sin involved?

Chapter 10 isn't sitting there in isolation.

Hi and it is AMUSING , that Paul and the Holy Spirit did not use Water Baptism and Speaking in Language to save Gentiles !!

dan p

DAN P

That has nothing to do with it, Dan. Try to stick to the subject at hand.

Hi and were you not writing about the Gospel of your Salvation ??

What is Rom 10:9 talking about ??

I will stay off your thread , sorry !!

dan p

God's Truth

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, you had better be obeying him. Jesus says, "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? Luke 6:46

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

glorydaz

Hi and were you not writing about the Gospel of your Salvation ??

What is Rom 10:9 talking about ??

I will stay off your thread , sorry !!

dan p

I'm sorry, Dan, I didn't mean to offend you. Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying. Please don't stay off my thread. I'm always interested in your view. :)

Yes, I was talking about the Gospel of Salvation, and verse nine is talking about the resurrection, right?

Danoh

Romans 9 thru 11 concerns Israel's having failed to heed the gospel of their salvation, and by which the Gentiles are to come to salvation - through Israel's witness of their Messiah.

Note the same ascending/descending issue as to the Lord as in John 3, where Israel's tradition has ended up in Nicodemus' failure to understand Israel's needing to be born of the Spirit again, towards their being their Messiah's witness unto the Gentiles.

In other words, Romans 10 is actually describing the failure of Israel as to the witness they were to be that Paul mentions in Romans 15:8-12, and that he relates is now on hold in Romans 11:25-29 - "until the fullness of the Gentiles... offering up... be come in," Rom. 11:25; 15:16.

You might call it Paul expanding on his words to Israel in Acts 13.

glorydaz

Romans 9 thru 11 concerns Israel's having failed to heed the gospel of their salvation, and by which the Gentiles are to come to salvation - through Israel's witness of their Messiah.

Note the same ascending/descending issue as to the Lord as in John 3, where Israel's tradition has ended up in Nicodemus' failure to understand Israel's needing to be born of the Spirit again, towards their being their Messiah's witness unto the Gentiles.

In other words, Romans 10 is actually describing the failure of Israel as to the witness they were to be that Paul mentions in Romans 15:8-12, and that he relates is now on hold in Romans 11:25-29 - "until the fullness of the Gentiles... offering up... be come in," Rom. 11:25; 15:16.

Yes, which is the Gospel of Salvation. We see the death, burial, and resurrection....justification by faith. So, it's all right there in Romans 10. Why do some insist the Gospel is not there? It's there in the very words believing unto righteousness.

Acts 13:34-39
And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption. Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.​

God's Truth

Being born again is personal. Jesus says the kingdom of heaven is within. We are given the Holy Spirit to live within our hearts. When a person believes in Jesus, repents of their sins, and calls on Jesus to save them, Jesus gives them the Holy Spirit and they are at that time washed clean and have a new born again life without sin.

God's Truth

I'm sorry, Dan, I didn't mean to offend you. Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying. Please don't stay off my thread. I'm always interested in your view. :)

Yes, I was talking about the Gospel of Salvation, and verse nine is talking about the resurrection, right?

Just because Paul mentions that we are to believe that Jesus ascended to heaven, it does not mean there is a new or different gospel that saves. There is only one gospel. Before Jesus died, it was first to a remnant of Jews. After Jesus died, it was to everyone.
The Jews before Jesus died had a living person that they could see and believe in; after Jesus died, Paul is asking people to believe in Jesus whom is still living, but whom they do not see.

You are making things out of the scriptures that just are not there.

God's Truth

I do not think so !!

dan p

Jesus says to be baptized with water. If we confess that Jesus is Lord then we had better be obeying.

The speaking in tongues part is one of the ways God testified to what the Apostles said was true.

God's Truth

There are people who claim Jesus is not the Sacrificial Lamb of God, and that God never commanded the people to sacrifice animals. Those people do not believe in Jesus' blood making them clean, they believe we only have to repent and be forgiven. However, they are tearing apart the Bible, and they do not trust that God preserved His written Word for us, and they do not understand about covenants.

Danoh

Yes, which is the Gospel of Salvation. We see the death, burial, and resurrection....justification by faith. So, it's all right there in Romans 10. Why do some insist the Gospel is not there? It's there in the very words believing unto righteousness.

Acts 13:34-39
And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption. Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.​

I was referring to Paul's relating Israel's failure in Acts 13.

Romans 10 is about Israel's failure to believe the Word had come down from Heaven as to be both the Son of man, and the Son of God. Israel's failure to believe Acts 2 thru 5's resurrection of the son of David, for their failure to believe He had been from above, John 1, John 20, 1 John 1's:

1. That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2. [For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;]
3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

This here - Acts 5:

27. And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
28. Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
29. Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
30. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
33. When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

Israel's singular Seed's blessing of the Gentiles through His multiplied seed; Israel; which singular Seed they failed to allow to turn them from their iniquities; crucifying Him Who was sent to them first towards His blessing of the Gentiles thru Israel's multiplied seed; as His witness among the Gentiles - Peter reminds them of their election unto this service in Acts 3:

25. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

glorydaz

I was referring to Paul's relating Israel's failure in Acts 13.

Romans 10 is about Israel's failure to believe the Word had come down from Heaven as to be both the Son of man, and the Son of God. Israel's failure to believe Acts 2 thru 5's resurrection of the son of David, for their failure to believe He had been from above, John 1, John 20, 1 John 1's:

1. That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2. [For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;]
3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

This here - Acts 5:

27. And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
28. Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
29. Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
30. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
33. When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

Israel's singular Seed's blessing of the Gentiles through His multiplied seed; Israel; which singular Seed they failed to allow to turn them from their iniquities; crucifying Him Who was sent to them first towards His blessing of the Gentiles thru Israel's multiplied seed; as His witness among the Gentiles - Peter reminds them of their election unto this service in Acts 3:

25. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Yeah, Romans 10 is about the Jews but to and for those who are justified by faith. Thus it is not wrong to claim it speaks of the Gospel of Salvation.

I see God's UNtruth is regurgitating all over this thread, so it may be pointless to discuss this here, anyway. :rip:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There are people who claim Jesus is not the Sacrificial Lamb of God, and that God never commanded the people to sacrifice animals. Those people do not believe in Jesus' blood making them clean, they believe we only have to repent and be forgiven. However, they are tearing apart the Bible, and they do not trust that God preserved His written Word for us, and they do not understand about covenants.

we know your POV - thanks, we don't need it repeated over and over and over and over and over and over on EVERY thread that may possibly involve Paul or MAD in ANY WAY - we get it - :cigar:

DAN P

Jesus says to be baptized with water. If we confess that Jesus is Lord then we had better be obeying.

The speaking in tongues part is one of the ways God testified to what the Apostles said was true.

Hi and Paul says in 1 Cor 15:29 that there BAPTIZO /BAPTISM for the Dead and does your EKKLESIA DO IT ??

Explain it please, as it is bible !!

dan p

Last edited: