The GOOD news is God's power unto salvation

IMJerusha

The first thing she did was drop her drudge pots.

The Lord first addressed her like a drudge

"Give Me water to drink" she was used to being spoken to like that. But then He spoke kindly to her, she wasn't used to that.

Tottie, Yeshua wasn't addressing her as if she were a drudge. He made a request. How is that treating her as a drudge? Beyond that, for Yeshua to treat her as you claim, He would then not be sinless so your reasoning is incorrect there.

IMJerusha

That has nothing to do with You / the Woman's Duty to God.

Mary Magdalene was Jesus' WIFE. That's what everyone has Missed.
(( Song of Solomon 2:6 KJV )) -- 6- "His left hand ((( IS ))) under my head , and His right hand ((( DOTH ))) embrace me. -//---
That's "BEFORE" Jesus Died; - --- BUT "AFTER" Jesus Died, ( THIS ):>>
(( Song of Solomon 8:3 KJV )) -- 3- "His left hand ((( SHOULD ))) be under my head , and His right hand ((( SHOULD ))) embrace me". --//----
Those are the Song Prophesies of Jesus and His WIFE by DAVID!!
Prove that Wrong; - I just Proved You Wrong!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 011615

There is nothing in Scripture that names Mary Magdalene Yeshua's wife, but you're not the first person to come to that theory. To state also that woman has nothing to do with the Church is off. I'm wondering if you could explain that a bit better. I do understand who my head is but ultimately, my Head is the Head of the Church so how can woman have nothing to do with her Head?

beloved57

tl

The GOOD news is God's power unto salvation

To those who are believing it is !

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

If the Gospel isnt being believed by the ones its being preached to, then to them it is not the Power of God !

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
what a load

I know you like to be spoonfed doctrines but you might study Paul's insight to the mystery hidden to generations past but now revealed to the prophets and apostles.

Eph.2.
11. wherefore remember that ye being in times past Gentiles in the flesh who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands.

That at that time ye were without Christ being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise having no hope and without God in the world.

But now

in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were afar off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

For He is our peace who hath made both one

and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us. Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments, contained in ordinances for to make in Himself one new man. So making peace.

And that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross having slain the enmity thereby.

there you have it one body at the cross Jew and Gentile

heir

TOL Subscriber
I know you like to be spoonfed doctrines but you might study Paul's insight to the mystery hidden to generations past but now revealed to the prophets and apostles.
You say Jesus Christ is the good news yet that's not WHAT is the power of God to save us today. You can't tell the difference between WHO and WHAT. You can try all day long to feed me your religion, but I'll spit it back into your face!

heir

TOL Subscriber

Eph.2.
11. wherefore remember that ye being in times past Gentiles in the flesh who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands.

That at that time ye were without Christ being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise having no hope and without God in the world.

But now

in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were afar off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us. Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments, contained in ordinances for to make in Himself one new man. So making peace.

And that He might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross having slain the enmity thereby.

You have no idea the who that are in the Body of Christ. It began with Paul and it does not say "at the cross". If you're saved, you really ought to study.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You have no idea the who that are in the Body of Christ. It began with Paul and it does not say "at the cross". If you're saved, you really ought to study.

Not in your spoon fed doctrines it doesn't...but it does in the passage by Paul I quoted....get off the spoon feeding, get into the scriptures.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You say Jesus Christ is the good news yet that's not WHAT is the power of God to save us today. You can't tell the difference between WHO and WHAT. You can try all day long to feed me your religion, but I'll spit it back into your face!

Well you spit it back at Paul too ... you need it to be mushed first before you can accept it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Eph.2.

But now

Here it is again

Made one body at the cross

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Of course it's the Truth and you believe it, right?

BTW, you left something out: "This good news is God's power unto salvation.".....through Yeshua. You also failed to mention if you believe the Samaritan woman racked up more "husbands" after that.

What difference would that make to anything?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Here it is again

Made one body at the cross

The twain made one new man are those who first trusted in Christ (the "we") beginning with Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) and those of us (the "ye") who also trusted during Paul's second sending.

Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Ephesians 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Ephesians 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

All that by the cross, not "at the cross" (sssssstop trying to change the word of God) and the Body of Christ NOT replacing Israel future.

And concerning the good news. Can you see a difference in WHO and WHAT?

IMJerusha

That's not the good news that is the power of God to save anyone today! Try and keep up.

Without getting snotty which seems to be your norm, explain to me how you can experience the power of God to save without Yeshua. Also, do your best to leave Paul out of the mix because he has nothing to do with our salvation. He is a disciple just as the others were, just as we all are. You have a tendency to elevate him to a level he does not occupy. Only Yeshua occupies that level.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Without getting snotty which seems to be your norm, explain to me how you can experience the power of God to save without Yeshua. Also, do your best to leave Paul out of the mix because he has nothing to do with our salvation. He is a disciple just as the others were, just as we all are. You have a tendency to elevate him to a level he does not occupy. Only Yeshua occupies that level.

The gospel that is the power of God unto salvation is not just "Jesus Christ". The gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth is called the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16 KJV). Isn't it interesting how "Totty" left that part out. The gospel of Christ is the WHAT of the cross! What did Christ do for us? Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day. That is the "good news"! IT is the good news of Christ/the gospel of Christ that Paul declares in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is the gospel (Paul's my gospel) by which we are saved! It was a mystery before given by revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and Paul tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

We're to consider what Paul says and the Lord give us understanding in all things (2 Timothy 2:7 KJV) remembering that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead according to Paul's my gospel (2 Timothy 2:8 KJV meaning Christ was not raised from the dead concerning us to sit on David's throne as Peter preached to Israel (Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:30 KJV), but for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV) as Paul preached.

Things that are different are not the same. There is more than one gospel in the Bible and not all are the power of God to save you. The Lord will judge you according to Paul's gospel (Romans 2:16 KJV). You're either saved by it or not saved at all.

IMJerusha

It doesnt say, so what bearing does it have on anything?

It was conversational for the most part, Angel but I did want to make the point that a) we should be more careful about how we represent Scripture and b) that we remember that God's power unto salvation is Yeshua.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It was conversational for the most part, Angel but I did want to make the point that a) we should be more careful about how we represent Scripture and b) that we remember that God's power unto salvation is Yeshua.

Then does that assume you do not believe He gave living water to the woman at the well?