The Free Gift of Righteousness/Justification !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

There is absolutely nothing free about reconciliation with the Lord as well as justification. The only thing free as salvation is concerned, is salvation from universal catastrophes. That's free because it is part of God's promise to Noah never to allow again universal catastrophe. Israel had risen and universal salvation had been guaranteed with the presence of Israel.

Personal salvation has never been free. To achieve it, we must set things right with the Lord so that our sins from scarlet red could become as white as snow through repentance and obedience to God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) Of the two categories of salvation, it was about the universal salvation that Jesus referred to when he said that it came from the Jews. (John 4:22)
Did you read and understand the OP ? You don't have to agree with it.

Prizebeatz1

No I can't. Either you read and understand my points or you didn't. You don't have to agree with them,but understand them to have a reasonable discussion.

I don't think that's fair. Is it not okay to ask questions? Things are not as black and white as they sometimes appear. What if my interpretation differs from other interpretations? What is your definition of "free"? Can you please at least answer that?

beloved57

I don't think that's fair. Is it not okay to ask questions? Things are not as black and white as they sometimes appear. What if my interpretation differs from other interpretations? What is your definition of "free"? Can you please at least answer that?
If you don't understand my points, then you have no basis for discussion and debate of the points I made.

Prizebeatz1

If you don't understand my points, then you have no basis for discussion and debate of the points I made.

And who made you the authority over this? Can you actually enforce any of what you just said? How can anyone participate with any understanding if we don't have a definition of the word "free" that you used in the title of the post? If you can't define what this word means to you then maybe you shouldn't have started this thread in the first place.

beloved57

And who made you the authority over this? Can you actually enforce any of what you just said? How can anyone participate with any understanding if we don't have a definition of the word "free" that you used in the title of the post? If you can't define what this word means to you then maybe you shouldn't have started this thread in the first place.
I have nothing else to say to you, but next time you jump into a thread of mine, have the wherewithal to be prepared to discuss what I have stated with scripture.

beloved57

Rom 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The Judgment and Condemnation that came upon all men whom Christ died for, it came upon Him, it passed upon Him, and in turn Justification of life comes upon them, is passed upon them.

Epoisses

All men die so Adam's sin has been passed on to the whole world. Even so by the righteousness of one the free gift has come upon all men unto justification of life. Christ's life, death and resurrection is a gift to the world not the elect. The elect believe in Christ and the non-elect don't believe. B57 is an unbeliever.

beloved57

All men die so Adam's sin has been passed on to the whole world. Even so by the righteousness of one the free gift has come upon all men unto justification of life. Christ's life, death and resurrection is a gift to the world not the elect. The elect believe in Christ and the non-elect don't believe. B57 is an unbeliever.
You don't believe the scripture

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

LTache

BANNED
Banned
Rom 5:16-17

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

This Free Gift of Righteousness/Justification is by Imputation, the Gift of it is received by Imputation meaning, God imputes it or charges it to their account, based upon the sole obedience of Christ in their behalf and stead. Its like a person who goes to bed knowing and feeling he owes a huge debt, but in the morning, when he checks the amount of the debt because it grows interest each day it goes unpaid, then he discovers the debt has been paid if full, his debt is now canceled. That is a Gift. It wasnt an offer, but a finished transaction accounted to his debt account, but now to his delight and relief he discovers the debt is paid !

Now this Gift of Righteousness before God is even theirs, charged to their account, even when they themselves are enemies and unbelievers, hence because of it, they have been reconciled to God Rom 5:10, so again thats how and why its a free gift, its not a Gift of Grace unless its theirs by Divine Imputation while they are Ungodly, hence we read Rom 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Because the Gift aspect is the fact that they have been declared Righteous in their Surety, the Lord Jesus Christ, and not in themselves, and that is it !

Does God give the free gift of righteousness to the unholy?

beloved57

And now I am asking you if...
God gives the free gift of righteousness to the unholy?
You are evading the points I made. If you don't want to discuss the points I made, you should not respond. That's irresponsible

LTache

BANNED
Banned
You are evading the points I made. If you don't want to discuss the points I made, you should not respond. That's irresponsible

You are evading questions concerning
that which you preach on here
that you know if you try to answer you will
have to lie to answer and I will catch you in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.