The Free Gift of Righteousness/Justification !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Rom 5:16-17

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

This Free Gift of Righteousness/Justification is by Imputation, the Gift of it is received by Imputation meaning, God imputes it or charges it to their account, based upon the sole obedience of Christ in their behalf and stead. Its like a person who goes to bed knowing and feeling he owes a huge debt, but in the morning, when he checks the amount of the debt because it grows interest each day it goes unpaid, then he discovers the debt has been paid in full, his debt is now canceled. That is a Gift. It wasn't an offer, but a finished transaction accounted to his debt account, but now to his delight and relief he discovers the debt is paid !

Now this Gift of Righteousness before God is even theirs, charged to their account, even when they themselves are enemies and unbelievers, hence because of it, they have been reconciled to God Rom 5:10, so again thats how and why its a free gift, its not a Gift of Grace unless its theirs by Divine Imputation while they are Ungodly, hence we read Rom 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Because the Gift aspect is the fact that they have been declared Righteous in their Surety, the Lord Jesus Christ, and not in themselves, and that is it !

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

This Free Gift of Righteousness/Justification is by Imputation, the Gift of it is received by Imputation meaning, God imputes it or charges it to their account, based upon the sole obedience of Christ in their behalf and stead. Its like a person who goes to bed knowing and feeling he owes a huge debt, but in the morning, when he checks the amount of the debt because it grows interest each day it goes unpaid, then he discovers the debt has been paid if full, his debt is now canceled. That is a Gift. It wasnt an offer, but a finished transaction accounted to his debt account, but now to his delight and relief he discovers the debt is paid !

Now this Gift of Righteousness before God is even theirs, charged to their account, even when they themselves are enemies and unbelievers, hence because of it, they have been reconciled to God Rom 5:10, so again thats how and why its a free gift, its not a Gift of Grace unless its theirs by Divine Imputation while they are Ungodly, hence we read Rom 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Because the Gift aspect is the fact that they have been declared Righteous in their Surety, the Lord Jesus Christ, and not in themselves, and that is it !

You are a deceitful devil. You sound like a Christian, but you are not one. All devils know how to quote scripture, you are no exception.

If salvation is a free gift from God then it must be received. We receive the free Gift of salvation by hearing, believing and embracing the Gospel of Jesus Christ as our only means of salvation.

Not by being zapped by the Holy Spirit out of a clear blue sky.

Nanja

This Free Gift of Righteousness/Justification is by Imputation, the Gift of it is received by Imputation meaning, God imputes it or charges it to their account, based upon the sole obedience of Christ in their behalf and stead. Its like a person who goes to bed knowing and feeling he owes a huge debt, but in the morning, when he checks the amount of the debt because it grows interest each day it goes unpaid, then he discovers the debt has been paid if full, his debt is now canceled. That is a Gift. It wasnt an offer, but a finished transaction accounted to his debt account, but now to his delight and relief he discovers the debt is paid !

Yes, just as you have perfectly explained, it was actually a Legal transaction.

God's Law and Justice was Satisfied for all His Elect Children Eph. 1:4-5 by His Imputing their sins to Christ their Surety Heb. 7:22, and Imputing His Righteousness to them, to their account, as a Gift, because of His abundant Grace Rom. 5:17 toward them from everlasting 2 Tim. 1:9. It was solely by the Work of Christ on their behalf, that they have been freed from the debt of sin even while being ungodly Rom. 4:5. And that was before they ever believed, received, called upon, or responded to Him in any way.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, just as you have perfectly explained, it was actually a Legal transaction.

God's Law and Justice was Satisfied for all His Elect Children Eph. 1:4-5 by His Imputing their sins to Christ their Surety Heb. 7:22, and Imputing His Righteousness to them, to their account, as a Gift, because of His abundant Grace Rom. 5:17 toward them from everlasting 2 Tim. 1:9. It was solely by the Work of Christ on their behalf, that they have been freed from the debt of sin even while being ungodly Rom. 4:5. And that was before they ever believed, received, called upon, or responded to Him in any way.

~~~~~

God does not justify condemned sinners that have not called on Christ to save them. This scripture is in the Bible for a reason.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

The whole world stands guilty before God's Holy Court, Romans 3:19.

Including you.

Nanja

God does not justify condemned sinners that have not called on Christ to save them. This scripture is in the Bible for a reason.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

The whole world stands guilty before God's Holy Court, Romans 3:19.

Including you.

Only once a person is Saved can he call upon the Lord in a way that pleases Him Rom. 8:8.

So then calling upon the name of the Lord is Evidence that one is Born of the Spirit Rom. 8:15-16!

But none of the wicked can call upon Him Is. 64:7; Eph. 2:9.

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only once a person is Saved can he call upon the Lord in a way that pleases Him Rom. 8:8.

So then calling upon the name of the Lord is Evidence that one is Born of the Spirit Rom. 8:15-16!

But none of the wicked can call upon Him Is. 64:7; Eph. 2:9.

~~~~~

Have you called upon the name of the Lord to be saved?

Nanja

Did you call upon the name of the Lord to be saved?

No. I received Salvation, New Birth, passively.

Then I began to call upon the name of the Lord.

Before a person is Saved he is carnal, still in the flesh,
scripture says that nothing he does can please God Rom. 8:7-8!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. I received Salvation, New Birth, passively.

Then I began to call upon the name of the Lord.

Before a person is Saved he is carnal, still in the flesh,
scripture says that nothing he does can please God Rom. 8:7-8!

~~~~~

Passively? Please explain passively. You did not do anything (I'm not talking about works)?

Nanja

Passively? Please explain passively. You did not do anything (I'm not talking about works)?

Right. Frankly, I didn't even think or know to do anything.
I just know I awoke one morning, 37 years ago, and I was never the same!

Praise the Lord!

~~~~~

Nanja

Did you do anything, ask for anything?

No, not that I remember.

But where I was working at the time, a fellow employee,
whom I later found out that he was a pastor at a COGIC,
began approaching me almost daily, telling me to read the bible.

He said to me, "you must be born again."

So then, I was led to buy my first bible, The Way, protestant version,
and God did all the rest!

When I did become Born Again, I sought him out and phoned him to let him know.
He said to me something like, "You know, the Spirit wouldn't let me rest unless I continued to talk to you."

Praise the Lord!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, not that I remember.

He said to me something like, "You know, the Spirit wouldn't let me rest unless I continued to talk to you."

Praise the Lord!

~~~~~
Well, It seems to me that you did something. You sought God in His Word.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No, not that I remember.

Praise the Lord!

~~~~~

So you just heard from others how to claim that you're predestined ?

Nanja

So, in other words, you were saved before you ever knew it, but you were meant to discover that.

Technically, yeah. But those who were chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world to have forgiveness/remission of sins Eph 1:4-7 must be born again in time.

~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.