The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I responded to your point. Perhaps you should respond to mine now.

Then address this first.

The gain in altitude would be the earth dropping away from the plane not the plane ascending away from the earth.

View attachment 25585

Planes would fly "straight" and see the earth drop beneath it if the earth was a globe.

Level means horizontal, flat, straight--not curved. Planes can fly straight and gravity cannot prevent it from happening.

--Dave

Silent Hunter

Then address this first.

The gain in altitude would be the earth dropping away from the plane not the plane ascending away from the earth.

Planes would fly "straight" and see the earth drop beneath it if the earth was a globe.

Level means horizontal, flat, straight--not curved. Planes can fly straight and gravity cannot prevent it from happening.
Dave, you would do well to familiarize yourself with: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_laws_of_motion.

Does, "An object in motion will continue in a straight line unless acted on by an external force", bring back any memories from fifth grade?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Then address this first.

Dave, the earth dropping away and the plane ascending from the ground are the exact same things, just from two different perspectives.

The plane is moving relative to the earth, but relative to the plane, the earth is the object that is moving.

I suggest you read this, Dave.
http://www.aviastar.org/theory/basics_of_flight/flight.html

:deadhorse:

Dave, go read the link I posted above that talks about how gravity works.

--Dave

See my previous comment. And go read those links.

And the wikipedia link above for Newton's laws of motion.

Silent Hunter

Question number 1. What does the Bible say holds up the earth. Don't forget your reference.
It's figurative language, Nick, therefore it says whatever you choose to read into the text. I can very much guarantee that something (gravity) keeps the Earth "suspended" in space without invoking the hand of your deity.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, the earth dropping away and the plane ascending from the ground are the exact same things, just from two different perspectives.

The plane is moving relative to the earth, but relative to the plane, the earth is the object that is moving.

I suggest you read this, Dave.
http://www.aviastar.org/theory/basics_of_flight/flight.html

:deadhorse:

Dave, go read the link I posted above that talks about how gravity works.

See my previous comment. And go read those links.

And the wikipedia link above for Newton's laws of motion.

Gravity cannot prevent a plane from flying straight.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It's figurative language, Nick, therefore it says whatever you choose to read into the text. I can very much guarantee that something (gravity) keeps the Earth "suspended" in space without invoking the hand of your deity.
Hunter, is everything in the Bible figurative? Or just that verse?

Silent Hunter

Dave, you would do well to familiarize yourself with: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_laws_of_motion.

Does, "An object in motion will continue in a straight line unless acted on by an external force", bring back any memories from fifth grade?
Can a jet fly straight?
From New York to Los Angeles? Sure. Around The Earth? Not a even if it was moving at the speed of light.
Gravity cannot prevent a plane from flying straight.
Sure it can, Dave. Gravity is a powerful force. Please refresh yourself on something every fifth grader should know about the laws of motion.

Silent Hunter

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Can you prove otherwise?
Can you prove otherwise? I thought not.
There are a few topics we could discuss that show that the Bible is indeed a history book, but there's one in particular that has been cropping up recently.

Israel's exodus from Egypt.

It turns out that there is plenty of evidence for this event. Would you be interested in viewing it?

Silent Hunter

There are a few topics we could discuss that show that the Bible is indeed a history book,
There are a few topics we could discuss that show that War and Peace is a history book.
but there's one in particular that has been cropping up recently.

Israel's exodus from Egypt.

It turns out that there is plenty of evidence for this event.
No, really there isn't.
Would you be interested in viewing it?
Only if it has something to do with Dave's flat earth nonsense.

Silent Hunter

RSR?

Really?

Do you do follow that stand-up routine regularly?

Ha, very funny. You should look at the evidence they present without bias, like a true scientist would.
We should look at tiny snippets of mildly circumstantial "evidence" and build "the exodus" out of that? Really? Where is the evidence of massive camps supporting millions of people in the Sinai peninsula? THAT would be more impressive. Fourty years worth of such camps would leave mountains of artifact, don't you think? Where are they?
You might be surprised.
If you followed your own advice by not looking at the "evidence" through your bias of wishful thinking, so would you.

Start a thread if you want to continue this discussion by yourself. You've spammed this thread long enough.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's figurative language, Nick, therefore it says whatever you choose to read into the text.

So you don't know what it says when you said it doesn't say what it says. Got it.

7 He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing.

Before the heathen realized the Bible was correct, about the 5th century BC, what did they think held up the flat earth? I don't expect a real response.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you don't know what it says when you said it doesn't say what it says. Got it.

7 He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing.

Before the heathen realized the Bible was correct, about the 5th century BC, what did they think held up the flat earth? I don't expect a real response.
He's one of those types who looks at evidence that contradicts his worldview and rejects it outright without actually examining/testing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.