ECT The content of faith, required to be believed, in Mt.-John, prior to the dbr

Interplanner

Nice way of approach. Now answer what was the content of faith prior to Malachi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abraham saw Christ's day and rejoiced. He believed and it was credited to him as righteousness. That is the NT speaking retroactively. Meaning, it may not look that way from the OT-only view. Likewise, it may look like the disciples 'didn't know anything about his death' from the Gospels. But actually they went into denial about WHAT THEY KNEW, because denial can ONLY take place when you know something is true, but don't want it to be true.

Interplanner

Catch that deception,"thre card monty," TOL audience?Hid means " un-expressed!"

You deceiving punk, idiot. His "version:"

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was un-expressed from them."

Liar, corrupter, making the LORD God to be as big an idiot, incompetent, as you are-read it:

And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Read it, moron:

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

You're a clown, in a parade of clowns. TOL laughs at you, as does the LORD God, as he checked you out, years ago.

Smile, Bozo-here is you:

latest

Who did the hiding? Why is it passive voice, meaning 'done to them by someone else'?

You understand very little of what you are handling.

You can't put that hid meant 'un-expressed' to them in your paraphrase, because it WAS expressed to them but God hid what it meant, or someone did.

Please move through the expressions slowly until you realize what's going on. At the moment, you do not.

Interplanner

How, honestly, do you not know something that was spoken to you...when it was just spoken to you? You DENY it. That means you don't WANT IT TO BE TRUE though you know it is true.

It's very simple JohnnyW. Take your time to see what is actually there.

john w

Hall of Fame
Who did the hiding? Why is it passive voice, meaning 'done to them by someone else'?

You understand very little of what you are handling.

You can't put that hid meant 'un-expressed' to them in your paraphrase, because it WAS expressed to them but God hid what it meant, or someone did.

Please move through the expressions slowly until you realize what's going on. At the moment, you do not.

because it WAS expressed to them but God hid what it meant, or someone did.

Yeh, and we just walked off the turnip truck, from Italy, clown. Read it, Bozo, Jr.

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

And did the TOL audience catch this poser's "or someone did."?

Thanks for unpacking that, you embarrassing charlatan.

For 3 years, the 12, including Judas, were preaching the gospel of the kingdom, clueles that He would die, and be raised from the dead. They were not preaching the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, centered on, the foundation being...

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Con artist.

Read it, punk-"Then.."

Then he took unto him the twelve,......

Too deep for you, moron? Ask God to give you a brain, scarecrow.

john w

Hall of Fame
How, honestly, do you not know something that was spoken to you...when it was just spoken to you? You DENY it. That means you don't WANT IT TO BE TRUE though you know it is true.

It's very simple JohnnyW. Take your time to see what is actually there.

Tough guy, are you, with "Johnny," eh, sweetie? Feel better about yourself, you laughing stock, clown of TOL?

Read the above musing, by this loser-he says nothing, a humanist, who rarely quotes the book, much less studies the book, because he hates it, and loves speculation.

john w

Hall of Fame
One of your fantasies, huh?

Typical Penty word-"fantasies."

Do you have the anointing, Tinkerbell? Puh-rayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeesus!!!!!

Can I hear an "Ay-men?"

I feel the guh-lor-eee clawd comin' to anoint us!!!!!!!

Give the Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd a shout!!!!

beloved57

John

No one preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, at least prior to the dbr, as a basis for justification-no scripture states this.

If that was true what did Paul mean when He wrote according t the scripture ? 1 Cor 15:3-4

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

What did Paul recognize as scripture ?

Interplanner

John

If that was true what did Paul mean when He wrote according t the scripture ? 1 Cor 15:3-4

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

What did Paul recognize as scripture ?

Exactly; the concoctions of STP and JohnW are folly.

beloved57

interplanner

Abraham saw Christ's day and rejoiced. He believed and it was credited to him as righteousness.

If you dont mind me asking what was credited to him as righteousness ?

Interplanner

interplanner

If you dont mind me asking what was credited to him as righteousness ?

I know it sounds like it was his belief about the land, but I never get that impression from the NT quotes of this. To them, it was purely about justification from sins, and that was the message for the nations. The NT being later, and the official interp, I go with it. God gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were, Rom 4. They could call it their land, yet Heb 11 says it never was the promise itself, even though they were there.

Even the promise of the land is seen by the NT as a means to reach the nations about the Seed. But there is OT basis for this, too. And I was in a museum in E. Europe 10 years ago, and found a piece of pottery that mentioned Isaac. Being in a 3-4000 year old collection and some 1000 miles from Israel, I asked the guide for the most complete translation. It was announcing that Isaac came back from death. This may be an indication of the impact of the events of Abraham on the area, pointing forward to Christ.

Perhaps this is why after the global tectonic disaster of Noah, God picks out a land that actually connects 3 continents, yet knows of the 'islands and distant shores' in Isaiah.

Back to 'what' was credited, it was faith. It's just that many people read it today as though it was his faith about leaving his land and gaining another. I think Paul is saying it is the same question as us, though. Rom 4:22-25. It was not written that way for him alone. And he had to leave the land because of famine, and so did Jacob.

beloved57

interplanner

Back to 'what' was credited, it was faith.

I dont believe that. I believe it was Christ, the object of His Faith

See Christ has been unto believers Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Now Christ as Our Righteousness is by the Gospel revealed to Faith Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So if Christ our righteousness is revealed to Faith, how can Faith be that Righteousness ?

Interplanner

interplanner

I dont believe that. I believe it was Christ, the object of His Faith

See Christ has been unto believers Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Now Christ as Our Righteousness is by the Gospel revealed to Faith Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So if Christ our righteousness is revealed to Faith, how can Faith be that Righteousness ?

It's not identical to it, but it is credited,considered as such. There is only one righteousness in the universe--Christ's.

Interplanner

'We have an alien righteousness' said Luther. it is not inside us, but is credited, reckoned to us. Because it is not about how much we change, but about clearing the debt of sin. Abraham also had that because of his faith. He saw Christ's day, which was the day the debt of sin would be cleared. That is also what Rom 11 quotes Isaiah for about sin being taken away.

It is Christ's righteousness, credited to the person who has faith. Those who have the same faith are Abraham's children and receive the same promise.

Faith has no value in itself; its value is determined entirely by that which it rests upon. It must not rest upon our works of the law as in Judaism's "establishing its own righteousness."