The cigar lounge

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have you ever tried the Arturo Fuente Hemenway Short Story's, now that is a fantastic short smoke. I love that camaroon wrap. Tasty!
A 42 ring size does not qualify as a short smoke for me! But I will keep an eye out for them. Thanks!

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I used to buy macanudo ascots in a tin of 10, they tasted great and didnt last too long, very nice size.
Indeed! I stock these as well. They are a wee bit longer than a short smoke for me. Usually they are a 15-20 minute smoke.

AMR

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Indeed! I stock these as well. They are a wee bit longer than a short smoke for me. Usually they are a 15-20 minute smoke.

AMR

Yea, but at roughly 4" it still qualifies as a short smoke ergo "Short Story". You gotta admit though it is a treat to the taste buds. I'm sorry AMR I am a big Hemenway fan, can you tell? They are definitely one of my personal favorites...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Finally finished seasoning my humidor and placed my cigars in it. The stogies on the right side are my favs.

43a5ec6c-4a0b-30b8.jpg

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By the way, I unwrap cigars in plastic or at least unroll the end of the wrapper to let the humidor do its thing.

AMR

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By the way, I unwrap cigars in plastic or at least unroll the end of the wrapper to let the humidor do its thing.

AMR
Hmmm... good advice.

I read today that some folks remove the cellophane altogether to allow the flavors to fully develop.

Other folks say, leave the cellophane on.

I'm thinking of removing the cellophane because I am really big on the smell of the cigars.

What are your thoughts?

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmmm... good advice.

I read today that some folks remove the cellophane altogether to allow the flavors to fully develop.

I'm thinking of removing the cellophane because I am really big on the smell of the cigars.

What are your thoughts?
Since I do not let cigars linger in my humidor, I only open the cellophane ends. But, since you have said you only smoke infrequently, I would unwrap them all and carefully monitor the humidity in the humidor. Lots of cigars tend to dry things out quickly.

AMR

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmmm... good advice.

What are your thoughts?

I have some Drew Estate coffee infused, Perdomo Lot 23, and Rocky Patel 1990 in my humidor now. I don't think it is good to mix the distinct flavors.