The cigar lounge

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok, here it goes again...

View attachment 16223

There it is Knight, the end of a perfect day...

I'll have to figure out how to make the picture larger. Bear with me I'm a novice at this...
The pix is just fine. Persons can click it to see a larger version. Looked like a peaceful place, too.

AMR

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Yes, I am obsessing. it took me a while to figure it out. AMR, the Lord has blessed me with a awesome family, and a nice home (a couple of many blessings). My back yard is about 1/3 of an acre of serenity, I just love it. I am very blessed. Come by some time I love to share it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, I am obsessing. it took me a while to figure it out. AMR, the Lord has blessed me with a awesome family, and a nice home (a couple of many blessings). My back yard is about 1/3 of an acre of serenity, I just love it. I am very blessed. Come by some time I love to share it.
Oh man... that looks just amazing!

I have never dipped a cigar before. Should I try it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Went to Edwards today and had a smoke recommended by the shop keeper. It was a Fonseca Cubano Limitado and for just $6 it was a smooth and delicious little gem.

43a5ec6c-adb2-5c9f.jpg

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here is a couple pictures of the marvelous humidor at Edwards.

43a5ec6c-adf4-726a.jpg

43a5ec6c-ae08-3d86.jpg

Note the massive selection of Padron's on the right of the bottom picture. :up:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cool isn't it? They have 4 different smoking rooms. Two inside, one patio area and a upstairs with a flat screen tv.

Apparently they more known for their pipe and pipe tobacco selection which is extensive.
You will pay for the coveting you have caused to befall me, sir! ;)

AMR

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You will pay for the coveting you have caused to befall me, sir! ;)

AMR
The funny part is... You can't see the place from Broadway. You would never know it was there unless someone told you. Which I like because it keeps the riff-raff out.

If you are ever in Denver we can take a trip down there together.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Cool isn't it? They have 4 different smoking rooms. Two inside, one patio area and a upstairs with a flat screen tv.

Apparently they are more known for their pipe and pipe tobacco selection which is extensive.

Wow you are blessed! only a couple of true tobacco stores are even open out on the left coast. The one I frequent is not much bigger than a broom closet. I too am coveting your slice of heaven Knight. Awesome....

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday it was in the high 30's - darn near balmy. It was so nice I went out and smoked a cigar with a beer stuck in the snow. I guess there are times when a good smoke alone is all right.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday it was in the high 30's - darn near balmy. It was so nice I went out and smoked a cigar with a beer stuck in the snow. I guess there are times when a good smoke alone is all right.
OK, now you should know you have to let us in on what type of cigar, and what type of beer it was. Tell us the good, bad, and the ugly. Pictures of the experience are a bonus. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Today's treat.... The Fuente, Fuente Opus X.

ae95f2f5-d292-6cc1.jpg

To be honest... I am a little disappointed in the Opus X. The peppery flavor is a bit overwhelming and I had a hard time keeping the cigar lit. In my humble (and somewhat newbie) opinion, the Padron Anniversario's are much better.

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

ae95f2f5-d292-6cc1.jpg

To be honest... I am a little disappointed in the Opus X. The peppery flavor is a bit overwhelming and I had a hard time keeping the cigar lit. In my humble (and somewhat newbie) opinion, the Padron Anniversario's are much better.

You are quite correct, after all the hype of what a great cigar the Opus was, I tried one and was not that impressed for the some of the same reasons. It smoked well but, the flavor was kind of a let down.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK, now you should know you have to let us in on what type of cigar, and what type of beer it was. Tell us the good, bad, and the ugly. Pictures of the experience are a bonus. :D
Sorry, no pictures. In fact you'll be disappointed to know the cigar was a Tinderbox Private Reserve and the beer was a Leinenkugels Creamy Dark. I had a Blue Moon available, too, but my hand was closer to the Leiny. Actually, I'd like to compare the small Private Reserve to a better cigar because if I thought it was pretty good, a real cigar must be great.

As far as the experience went, the burn was perfect and the flavor was good enough that I wished it was a longer smoke. But I try to stop right when it gets too short/too hot because the flavor changes from good to more like burned hair if you smoke it too a nub.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
...you'll be disappointed to know the cigar was a Tinderbox Private Reserve and the beer was a Leinenkugels Creamy Dark.
No disappointment from me. As long as the beer was refreshing and the smoke was relaxing.... mission accomplished! :up:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

You are quite correct, after all the hype of what a great cigar the Opus was, I tried one and was not that impressed for the some of the same reasons. It smoked well but, the flavor was kind of a let down.

:think: Ten or fifteen years ago you wouldn't have said that; but unfortunatly the Fuente line has been living off of the reputation of the OpusX for quite awhile now. There was a time that it was unique (being, for all intents & purposes, a perfect Dominican Puro) now it's just excellent. This places it amongst a whole lot of other excellent cigars which do not have the name or carry the hefty price tag.

In short....they tend to be anti-climactic anymore (as you found out). :idunno: