the church

Cruciform

They removed the extra 7 and more uninspired nonbreathed books. Theres proof the protestants did right
Quite a claim by you, given that the "Bible" used by Jesus, the apostles, and the early Christian Church (i.e., the Septuagint) contained the seven Deuterocanonical books in their entirety. It wasn't until the 16th century that the Protestants---to prop up their newly-invented theology---removed these books from their printings of the Scriptures. Of course, they had no authority whatsoever to do so, but that's just the Protestant way, isn't it.

13310350_1144921108902063_7482033012934341663_n.jpg

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Quite a claim by you, given that the "Bible" used by Jesus, the apostles, and the early Christian Church (i.e., the Septuagint) contained the seven Deuterocanonical books in their entirety. It wasn't until the 16th century that the Protestants---to prop up their newly-invented theology---removed these books from their printings of the Scriptures. Of course, they had no authority whatsoever to do so, but that's just the Protestant way, isn't it.

13310350_1144921108902063_7482033012934341663_n.jpg
Funny how you chopped up the 76 books into 73

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Come back if you ever manage to come up with an actual point.
This reference in the atechism of the Catholic Church has always bothered me. It says that there is no better way than to look to Mary: "After speaking of the Church, her origin, mission, and destiny, we can find no better way to conclude than by looking to Mary," (CCC 972). Really? There is NO BETTER way than to look to Mary? How about looking to Jesus? -Matt slick

Cruciform

This reference in the atechism of the Catholic Church has always bothered me. It says that there is no better way than to look to Mary: "After speaking of the Church, her origin, mission, and destiny, we can find no better way to conclude than by looking to Mary," (CCC 972). Really? There is NO BETTER way than to look to Mary? How about looking to Jesus? -Matt slick
And exactly what does this have to do with the actual topic of discussion, which is the Old Testament Deuterocanonical books (Post #1881)...?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Again, come back if you ever manage to come up with an actual argument. :yawn:
The unfortunate psychological effect of saying that Roman Catholic tradition is what gave us the Bible is that it elevates their tradition to a level far greater than what is permitted in Scripture. In fact, it is contradicted by Scripture:

"Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that in us you might learn not to exceed what is written, in order that no one of you might become arrogant in behalf of one against the other," (1 Cor. 4:6). -matt slick

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the church is a place to gather in His name
-the church is a place to get fed
-the church is a place you can trust

Cruciform

The church is a crutch
The church is corrupt
the pope cannot be trusted
So declares pj, mindlessly parroting the hackneyed and stereotypically bigoted anti-Catholic propaganda that's been spoon-fed to him by his preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

:yawn:

Cruciform

The unfortunate psychological effect of saying that Roman Catholic tradition is what gave us the Bible is that it elevates their tradition to a level far greater than what is permitted in Scripture. In fact, it is contradicted by Scripture:

"Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that in us you might learn not to exceed what is written, in order that no one of you might become arrogant in behalf of one against the other," (1 Cor. 4:6). -matt slick
Post #1893 :yawn:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The Roman Catholic Church has so many other errors in it (i.e., earning salvation, purgatory, indulgences, Mary worship, etc.,) that its potential to move towards even more error cannot be ignored.