the church

KingdomRose

KR, you're just too over the top. I rescind my prior agreement to you, to refrain from calling the Catholic Church by her rightful name the Holy Catholic Church. I refrained because you asked, but I rescind. You're trying to offend.

"I BELIEVE IN GOD, the Father almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hell. The third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father almighty. He shall come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen."

How am I "offending" when it is obvious that St. Peter's Square has a giant phallic obelisk right in the middle? It is really there!

Anyway, I agree with your creed. It doesn't say anything about a Trinity. And it was nice not to see "Holy" in front of "Catholic" or "Father" or "See" for awhile.

KingdomRose

I've seen this expressed a number of times. The problem I have with most cults is that they are man's attempt to follow Jesus rather than realizing that we must be new creations recreated in Christ Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:17 We cannot 'born-again' ourselves. Ephesians 2:8-10 is about what Christ Jesus does in us and for us.

This is very true. Jehovah picks those who are born again....those that will rule with His Son in heaven. The required number was filled some years ago, and I am happily one of those billions who will live on this earth forever in paradise conditions.

BTW, JWs do not fit the definition of a "cult."

KingdomRose

I have a good friend I've known for forty some years and she was a member of the Catholic church before she became a "True Believer." She told me that Catholics do worship idols and pray to Mary. She said the reason Catholics pray to the Saints is because they don't want to bother God about their prayers. She also said you guys don't like the thought of Mary having other children, but she did. So, I'm getting my information from a former Catholic.

I too get my information from Catholics (who may be "lapsed" but are still in the church). I have worked with many, and I was married to one.

Lon

This is very true. Jehovah picks those who are born again....those that will rule with His Son in heaven. The required number was filled some years ago, and I am happily one of those billions who will live on this earth forever in paradise conditions.

BTW, JWs do not fit the definition of a "cult."
1) No. That interpretation is horrible. I invited one of the regional JW guys to my house. The guy could not read a lick of Greek, like he told me he could. He lied or was severely deluded and inept. JW's generally are the C- and below school students from what I've met. You have to not be too bright to buy into that mess (hate to put you in that category...)
2) "Billions" is a good number but most JW's do not include Trinitarians (literally those "Billions" you speak of). There might not even be a million of you throughout all of history.
3) JW's are a cult.
4) They very much try to work their way to salvation

KingdomRose

There are no second chances, there is no purgatory. When an unbeliever dies they will go to a holding place called Hades and will be tormented until the judgment. There is no "Soul sleep" or unconsciousness after physical death. The true believer goes to be with the Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven after death.

There's no "holding place." You have yet to show me where that is in the Bible.

If true believers go to be with the Lord in heaven when they die, why will there be a resurrection? (John 5:28)

KingdomRose

This is deadly serious stuff. Our lives can be snuffed out at any moment and we best KNOW where our soul is headed.

You'll VERY surprised where you end up! (You'll be saying, "Where am I?" and people will tell you, "You're in Paradise on Earth, and Jehovah is the one who gave you back your life.")

KingdomRose

I hold a university degree from a Catholic institution, attended seminary, have been studying Catholic doctrine for nineteen years, and teach adult classes on the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Based on your comments, she in fact knows next to nothing about Catholicism.

You know all about Catholicism, but how about what the Bible actually says? I bet you don't know much about that. Well, neither does the pope. Why should a Catholic care, right?

KingdomRose

Well, at least, you're civil. I'll give you a point for that. However, there is no purgatory. What Scripture can you come up with that will explain what it is? Is it just a "Catholic" thing? I gave you a "Thanks" for your civility.

It is true, there is no purgatory. But, Grosnick, you actually described yourself what they believe purgatory to be! A "holding place" where people are "tormented" .....that's what YOU posted. YOU believe in purgatory!