The Church/Body of Christ in OT !

Nanja

Amen! As with most truth u and i agree on, we'll be the Lone Ranger on this one !

So true Brother, but we know from the scriptures that it's God's Will for only His Chosen Body in Christ Eph. 1:4-5 to Believe the Truth, and the rest shall believe a lie.

2 Thes. 2:10-13

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

blackbirdking

The Church, the Body of Christ was in the Old Testament. Here its called tbe City of God Ps 46:4

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

What does it matter?

Is God the Author of Sin ?

Yes, most certainly He is, ...

Amen Brother !

Jesus Christ as the Only Begotten Son of God, ...

"the Only Begotten Son of God", God who authored sin.

... Yes, Adam's sinning was surely ordained of God.

~~~~~

You posters claim to care whether or not the "Body of Christ" was in the Old Testament; meanwhile, teaching that your god ordained and authored sin so that he could create a "Christ" and have a "Church".

Since you believe that God authored sin, you will never know if you are ordained to be deceived. You can never be sure about anything; you can't trust a god that authored deceit.

Whether or not "The Church, the Body of Christ was in the Old Testament" is the least of your worries; you could be one of the deceived. Are you?

You will never know if it pleased God to deceive you until you end up in he...

beloved57

What does it matter?

"the Only Begotten Son of God", God who authored sin.

You posters claim to care whether or not the "Body of Christ" was in the Old Testament; meanwhile, teaching that your god ordained and authored sin so that he could create a "Christ" and have a "Church".

Since you believe that God authored sin, you will never know if you are ordained to be deceived. You can never be sure about anything; you can't trust a god that authored deceit.

Whether or not "The Church, the Body of Christ was in the Old Testament" is the least of your worries; you could be one of the deceived. Are you?

You will never know if it pleased God to deceive you until you end up in he...

Rabbit trails !

beloved57

I dont think it can be better Illustrated from scripture that Spiritual Israel existed in the OT and continued into the NT with the addition of Gentiles. Here in Romans 11. Here we see Spiritual Israel as the Olive Tree and natural jews being broken off and Gentiles being added/grafted into the Olive Tree which represents Spiritual Israel Rom 11:17

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

See the Saved Gentiles were grafted in among the saved jews in Christ which constitutes the Good Olive Tree, Israel. So those saved jews and the grafted in saved Gentiles make Saved Israel, the One Body of Christ. One Olive Tree, One Israel, One Body as Per Eph 3:6

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body/or Olive Tree, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The new covenant was made to the same folks the old covenant was made to.
Scripture tells us point blank who that is.
Jer 31:31
Heb 8:8

Yup, sinners like Abe while still in uncircumcision.

Romans 4

10In what context was it credited? Was it after his circumcision, or before? It was not after, but before.

11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So he is the father of all who believe but are not circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yup, sinners like Abe while still in uncircumcision.

Romans 4

10In what context was it credited? Was it after his circumcision, or before? It was not after, but before.

11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So he is the father of all who believe but are not circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.
But the old covenant and new covenant were not made to all the children of Abe, but to the children of the promised son.

The old and new covenants were made to offspring of that one promised son - Jacob/Israel.
Not to any other descendants of Abe (Excluding Jacob/Israel's twin brother, Esau/Edom.)

While Abe is the father of many nations, only one of those nations was the old and new covenant made to - Israel.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
But the old covenant and new covenant were not made to all the children of Abe, but to the children of the promised son.

The old and new covenants were made to offspring of that one promised son - Jacob/Israel.
Not to any other descendants of Abe (Excluding Jacob/Israel's twin brother, Esau/Edom.)

While Abe is the father of many nations, only one of those nations was the old and new covenant made to - Israel.

Galatians 3

15Brothers, let me put this in human terms. Even a human covenant, once it is ratified, cannot be canceled or amended.

16The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed.

The Scripture does not say, “and to seeds,” meaning many, but “and to your seed,” meaning One, who is Christ.

Nanja

I dont think it can be better Illustrated from scripture that Spiritual Israel existed in the OT and continued into the NT with the addition of Gentiles. Here in Romans 11. Here we see Spiritual Israel as the Olive Tree and natural jews being broken off and Gentiles being added/grafted into the Olive Tree which represents Spiritual Israel Rom 11:17

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

See the Saved Gentiles were grafted in among the saved jews in Christ which constitutes the Good Olive Tree, Israel. So those saved jews and the grafted in saved Gentiles make Saved Israel, the One Body of Christ. One Olive Tree, One Israel, One Body as Per Eph 3:6

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body/or Olive Tree, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Amen! The Olive Tree stands for the True Israel of God; Spiritual Israel that was promised Salvation Is. 45:17, and is comprised exclusively of Eternally Saved jews and Eternally Saved Gentiles 2 Tim. 1:9; the Chosen Body of Christ Eph. 1:4; God's Elect Covenant People Heb. 8:6 who are given a circumcised heart Deut. 30:6; Ezek. 36:26-27 in New Birth.

Rom. 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

beloved57

Prophecies made to OT Israel are fulfilled in the Church the Body of Christ. For instance Lev 26:11-12

11 And I set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.

12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Fulfilled with the Church, the Body of Christ comprised of believing gentiles and jews 2 Cor 6:16

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

For this reason the believer shouldn't be unequally yoked with unbelievers 2 Cor 6:14-15

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Nanja

Prophecies made to OT Israel are fulfilled in the Church the Body of Christ. For instance Lev 26:11-12

11 And I set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.

12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Fulfilled with the Church, the Body of Christ comprised of believing gentiles and jews 2 Cor 6:16

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

For this reason the believer shouldn't be unequally yoked with unbelievers 2 Cor 6:14-15

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Exactly !

The physical nation Israel was a nation of idol worshippers: putting their faith in a golden calf and worshipping it against God's commands Ex. 20:3-5.

No, that's not the Faith of God's Elect Tit. 1:1 which was promised Salvation.

But it's Spiritual Israel, the Seed of Abraham, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29; the Children of Promise Rom. 9:8; the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5.

Elect Israel are counted for the Seed.

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Rom. 9:8
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The Spiritual Seed of Abraham, the Seed of Christ Eph. 1:4-5 and the Israel that was Promised Salvation is none other than the Body of Christ, His Church He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25-27.