ECT "The Big Switch"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But Jesus SAYS do NOT announce it---THAT IS a command, and obeying that shows there is NO wrong way.

The actual giving of the money is what I was referring to.

Giving money to the poor is a good thing. However, if you do it so others see you do it, then the good thing is no longer a good thing.

God's Truth

Giving money to the poor is a good thing. However, if you do it so others see you do it, then the good thing is no longer a good thing.

So how did you DISPROVE me when I said there is NOTHING FALSE IN OBEYING JESUS?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
All say, no play (Jud 12).
smileys-hockey-and-ice-hockey-053496.gif

1 Jn 3:24 :straight:

Jamie Gigliotti

"The big switch" is a switch from a slave of sin to a slave of God and righteousness.
Paul in Romans 6 made it crystal clear.

"What then are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! [notice the exclamation point] Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death [spiritual damnation], or of obedience which leads to righteousness?... For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification....But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and it's end, eternal life." Romans 6:15-16, 19, 22

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"The big switch" is a switch from a slave of sin to a slave of God and righteousness.
Paul in Romans 6 made it crystal clear.

"What then are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! [notice the exclamation point] Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death [spiritual damnation], or of obedience which leads to righteousness?... For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification....But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and it's end, eternal life." Romans 6:15-16, 19, 22
:thumb: Yep, the switch has happened or it has not (Ro 8:9). :straight: You are victorious or you are not (Ro 6:18). :king:

See:

Three Steps to Victory by Adrian Rogers

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame

"The Apostle Paul was the biggest anti-Semite there ever was..."-satanist Craigie Tellalie

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I, the Lord, search the heart...
And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps [Matt. 25:2–4].

"Oil is symbolic of the Spirit of God. In that day I think there will be phonies as there were at His first coming. Jesus called them hypocrites. They will have lamps but no oil." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Gospels (Matthew 14-28) (electronic ed., Vol. 35, p. 152). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

the-wise-and-foolish-virgins.jpg

God's Truth

I can hardly believe that you said giving money to the poor is not good if someone knows you did it.

Right Divider

Body part
I can hardly believing that you said giving money to the poor is not good if someone knows you did it.
I believe that he was talking about this principle:
Matt 6:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:1) Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

God's Truth

I believe that he was talking about this principle:
Matt 6:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:1) Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

I think that he was referring to that scripture, but that scripture does not say it is not good to give to the poor if someone knows you gave.

God's Truth

If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (Ro 10:9, emphasis mine).

You false converts had better re-read 1 John 3 and James again.

See:

Mental Assent: The Enemy of Faith

If you confess that Jesus is Lord, one must be obeying him.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.