the bible = the tree of the knowledge of good and evil <> Jesus = the tree of life

MichaelEden

Any thing that contains evil, the knowledge of evil, or the demonstration of evil...

IS EVIL.

the bible is contaminated by the knowledge of evil.

it is unclean.

Do not touch. Do not taste. Do not partake of it.

It is not good for wisdom... it is a trick.

Jesus = the tree of life

With Love,

Michael111

geralduk

Originally posted by MichaelEden

Any thing that contains evil, the knowledge of evil, or the demonstration of evil...

IS EVIL.

the bible is contaminated by the knowledge of evil.

it is unclean.

Do not touch. Do not taste. Do not partake of it.

It is not good for wisdom... it is a trick.

Jesus = the tree of life

With Love,

Michael111

A 'knowledge' of evil comes in TWO ways.

Taking for example a bottle of poison.
The KNOWLEDGE of what it contains is in itself not evil but KEEPS you from the EVIL that would come from drinking it.
By drinking it.You have not only the knowledge of it as it is but also a 'knowledge' of the very evil of it and die.

God not wishing ".....that ANY SHOULD PERISH.........." gave them the KNOWLEDGE of the TRUTH that it was EVIL to eat "thereof"
That in it selF was NOT evil to do but GOOD seeign that by THAT knwledge and the keepign of it they LIVED!
But when they rejected the knowldege of God as top waht was GOOD and waht was EVIL and chose that which was 'good' in their own eyes they by eating it came into BONDAGE because God gave them NO LIBERTY to eat it and became SUBJECT to DEATH because that is the PENALTY for doing evil.
So when they ate of that tree; they by so doing, found it TRUE what God had said and WAS evil TO EAT THEREOF but THAT knowldge now brought them DEATH.
and the WORD which was rejected which gave them LIFE was LOST.

and so GOD "so loved the World that He gave His only begotten SON(THE WORD) that who soever believeth on HIM should NOT PERISH but have everlasting LIFE!

God HAS NOT CHANGED and He is the SAME yesterday today and forever.
What he was He is and what He is HE SHALL EVER BE.
"HIS WAY'S" never change either.
and those who STILL do that which is right ion thier own eyes(as with CAINE) and seek to establish thier own rightousness.
and would have God after THIER image perish even as they did.
But God is not willing that ANy should ;perish buit that all should come to a knowledge of the truth"
For Jesus said "the devil has come to steal to kill and to destroy but I have come that you might have LIFE and LIFE more abundantly"
Therefore they who listen to the 'serpents' words and believe the WRONG MESSAGE will do that which is right in thier own eyes even as they did in thiers.
But if they who receive My words Jesus said receive Him who sent Me"
God then STILL gives us if we would receive it the "knowledge of good and evil" by Him who is the WORD "that procedeth out of His mouth"
But if we reject His WORD AND the SPIRIT by which it comes then we will NOT be able to discern TRULY truth from ERROR.
For it is HE who LEADS US into all truth and when we know the truth the truth will make us free.
Where once we were bound .
Therefore to sugest that we throw away the scriptures because it gives a knowledge of good and evil SO THAT WE MIGHT RECOGNISE IT is folly.
For was it not God who told then to WRITE down all these things that i have spoken unto you that you might teach your children?
and what did the LORD do when faced with the SAME DECEIVER as the FIRST Adam who with the SAME subtle use of the WORD sought to decive Him also?
Refer him to that which was WRITTEN and SPOKEN of by GOD.
IF we do NOT have that which is WRITTEN or would foolishely THROW AWAY that which God has given(WAKE UP UK!) then we have NO SOUND FOUNDATION FOR OUR knowledge of GOD and all that which is GOOD not for that matter of the DEVIL and all that which is EVIL.
AND WHERE AS as in the beginning we need the KNOWLEDGE OF GOD so that we might WALK with Him in the "cool of the evening"
By the SAME knolwedge of scripture we may recognise THAT which is NOT of God and therefore EVIL and avoid or overcome IT WITH THAT WHICH IS GOOD.

Even as GOD so willed even in the beginning.

Last edited:

MichaelEden

The Tree of Life = Jesus Christ

Love. Understanding. Tolerance. Acceptance.

Peace. Unity. Respect. Freedom. Unspeakable Joy.

Eat freely from this tree and be saved.

Love,

Michael111

Last edited:

geralduk

Then in truth your 'jesus' is NOT the Jesus who was born in a manger suffered under pontios pilate died for the sins of the world and was bureied and rose on the third day and is now seated on the right hand of the FATHER .
For THAT Jesus held to ALL that was WRITTEN and SAID so to MEN and to DEVILS.
IF THEN you say that you folow Jesus BUT DO NOT DO what HE did then in truth it is NOT HIM you are folowing but the vain imaginations of your own heart and are decived by the same one who decived EVE who ALSO was encouraged to CAST AWAY the WORD of God.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Mat 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Mar 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He (Jesus) expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?

Luk 24:45 Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Act 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Act 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, [and] mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Act 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, [and that] publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Pe 3:16 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

geralduk

love.
love.
love.

One Life. One Love. We Are One World Together.

Michael111

What 'LOVE' are we talking about ?
and what 'WORLD' are we talking about?

For "if ye LOVE the WORLD then the LOVE of the FATHER is NOT IN YOU"!

The 'love' of the wicked is cruel"
He said it not because he 'LOVED' the poor but because he carried the bag"
The love of money is the ROOT of ALL evil"

"Where you treasure is (what you love?) there will be your heart also"
if you love your mother and father MORE than Me........
Love not the world not the things........

So I personaly am NOT one with the world rather i have been TRANSLATED from THIS world "that lieth in the hands of the wicked one"
and been translated into the NEXT one.
and am no longer a citezen of THIS world BUT OF THAT WHICH IS TO COME.

So be carefull then .
WHO and WHAT you love!

MichaelEden

A book is not 'Holy'

If it contains the knowledge of evil, Satan, the devil, demons, dark prophecy, suffering, death, curses, superstitious numbers, conspiracy, the wholesale slaughter of innocent people, rituals involving the blood of murdered animals...

I say thank you Jesus for opening my eyes

the bible = the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

poison fruit

Love to all as we overcome the darkness together, and reach for the tree of life - Jesus Christ

Michael111

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

A book is not 'Holy'

If it contains the knowledge of evil, Satan, the devil, demons, dark prophecy, suffering, death, curses, superstitious numbers, conspiracy, the wholesale slaughter of innocent people, rituals involving the blood of murdered animals...

I say thank you Jesus for opening my eyes

poison fruit

Love to all as we overcome the darkness together, and reach for the tree of life - Jesus Christ

Michael111

Mat 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Mar 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He (Jesus) expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?

Luk 24:45 Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Act 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Act 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, [and] mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Act 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, [and that] publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Pe 3:16 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Resting in Him,
Clete

MichaelEden

Jesus Christ = the tree of life

Michael111

Last edited:

LightSon

Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Michael,

Using drugs is a sin!

What about that? Is it a sin to take a Tylenol? IBprophen?

Is it a sin to take codene if prescribed by a doctor? Or is it only a sin if we take a drug to "enjoy it".

What if I am in the hospital and they give me morphine. Is it a sin if I enjoy it?

Is it a sin to drink alcohol (a drug)?

IF pot were legal, would it be a sin to smoke a joint in moderation?

Lots of boundaries to discuss. Just curious on y'alls views.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by LightSon

Is it a sin to take codene if prescribed by a doctor? Or is it only a sin if we take a drug to "enjoy it".

What if I am in the hospital and they give me morphine. Is it a sin if I enjoy it?

Intentionally getting intoxicated by whatever means for a nonmedical reason is not only a sin but a crime.

MichaelEden

If you want the answer...

Ask Jesus.

He will answer. He hears. He cares.

He blesses, protects, guides, and corrects...

He writes His true commandments on one's heart. He communicates His true sayings.

A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Reach for the tree of life.

With blessings of love, peace, and understanding,

Michael111

Last edited:

Crow

As far as medical use of drugs goes, I can't see anything that could be construed as sinful in aleviating pain, treating inflammation, or killing off microbes.

Alcohol was consumed in Biblical times. There are warnings against drunkeness, but not against all consumption. Paul encourages Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach's sake. It was consumed at meals and social occasions.

I think intent has a lot to do with it. If drugs are taken for medicinal purposes, there's nothing wrong with them at all. I think Christians should not use drugs to pharmacologically entertain themselves, nor should they be drunks.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Crow

As far as medical use of drugs goes, I can't see anything that could be construed as sinful in aleviating pain, treating inflammation, or killing off microbes.

Alcohol was consumed in Biblical times. There are warnings against drunkeness, but not against all consumption. Paul encourages Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach's sake. It was consumed at meals and social occasions.

I think intent has a lot to do with it. If drugs are taken for medicinal purposes, there's nothing wrong with them at all. I think Christians should not use drugs to pharmacologically entertain themselves, nor should they be drunks.

Wouldn't you agree that illicit intoxication is not simply sinful but criminal?

I know that this question is off topic for this thread, but come on, have you read this thread? :kookoo:

LightSon

Wouldn't you agree that illicit intoxication is not simply sinful but criminal?

I know that this question is off topic for this thread, but come on, have you read this thread? :kookoo:

Most drugs which would be normally used for recreational purposes are probably illegal - the obvious exception being alcohol.

There seems to be a consensus that drinking to excess is sinful. This suggests that a drink or 2 would be okay. What about 3 drinks? What if I have 3 or 4 drinks to "catch a buzz"? Is that on the moral side of being drunk? Do Christians have "liberty" to have a few drinks?

Suppose that we lived in a country where marijuana was legal. In other words, suppose that there are no laws against pot. In this particular case, would it be a sin to smoke a joint? In other words, if it is not a sin to feel a buzz from a beer or 2, perhaps it is not a sin to smoke pot in moderation.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Most drugs which would be normally used for recreational purposes are probably illegal - the obvious exception being alcohol.

There seems to be a consensus that drinking to excess is sinful. This suggests that a drink or 2 would be okay. What about 3 drinks? What if I have 3 or 4 drinks to "catch a buzz"? Is that on the moral side of being drunk? Do Christians have "liberty" to have a few drinks?

Suppose that we lived in a country where marijuana was legal. In other words, suppose that there are no laws against pot. In this particular case, would it be a sin to smoke a joint? In other words, if it is not a sin to feel a buzz from a beer or 2, perhaps it is not a sin to smoke pot in moderation.

It does not profit us to make arbitrary rules concerning the exact number of drinks or the precise means by which one becomes drunk.
Drinking or smoking, or shooting a chemical into your vain are all things that can be done without sin. But if you get drunk or high for a non-medically related reason then you have sinned (period).

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lovejoy

It does not profit us to make arbitrary rules concerning the exact number of drinks or the precise means by which one becomes drunk.
Drinking or smoking, or shooting a chemical into your vain are all things that can be done without sin. But if you get drunk or high for a non-medically related reason then you have sinned (period).

Resting in Him,
Clete

I tend toward believing that we are slave to anything that masters us. I believe being slave to anything of this world means some part of you is not in Christ. If this is not sin, it is at the least not profitable. I know that the few times I have been buzzed since being a Christian, I have not been in Christ. Recreational drug or alcohol use in not a useful Christian liberty, and it would take a mighty Christian conscience to handle it well.