The bible is man-made.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I expected no less a response from a Jew.
Joining up with others to try and diminish Christianity- and then calling everything against you 'antisemitism'.

Christianity doesn't fret over you all; God isn't begging any of you to come to Him. I'm a Reformed Christian, you can leave it these 'evangelists' to try and convince you :rolleyes:

He draws whom He draws
And
You were all made to be an example of what not to be :wave2:
Excellent Post !!!

chair

I expected no less a response from a Jew.
Joining up with others to try and diminish Christianity- and then calling everything against you 'antisemitism'.

Christianity doesn't fret over you all; God isn't begging any of you to come to Him. I'm a Reformed Christian, you can leave it these 'evangelists' to try and convince you :rolleyes:

He draws whom He draws
And
You were all made to be an example of what not to be :wave2:

I didn't say anything at all about antisemitism in this thread.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say anything at all about antisemitism in this thread.

It's no mystery why a liberal Jew frequents a predominantly conservative Christian forum :rolleyes:

Any more, and you may as well just walk into a Sunday service and crucify yourself.

chair

It's no mystery why a liberal Jew frequents a predominantly conservative Christian forum :rolleyes:

Any more, and you may as well just walk into a Sunday service and crucify yourself.

If it bothers you that outsiders frequent this forum, then move toa forum that doesn't allow it.
How do you know I am "liberal"?

chair

Because you're a Jew on a conservative Christian forum :rotfl:

1. Are all Jews liberal?
2. Or is it that all Jews on conservative Christian forums are liberal?
3. Or do you know nothing about Jews, except that you like to lump them together and say nasty things about them?

Why don't you start a different thread. You can call it "Why I hate Jews" or something like that. You are derailing this one.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
1. Are all Jews liberal?

Jews on Christian sites are.

Or is it that all Jews on conservative Christian forums are liberal?

You guessed it!

Or do you know nothing about Jews, except that you like to lump them together and say nasty things about them?

There is no mystery with you all, you are proud of your exploits and wear them plainly.

Why don't you start a different thread. You can call it "Why I hate Jews"

And there it is!
Where did I state I hated Jews, chair?

This thread is just to spit in Christianity's face, it is rank disrespect and nothing more- and here you are defending it and then going elsewhere condemning antisemitism- this is why you people are a problem. An 'antisemite' is simply someone who catches on to you all's manipulation :wave2:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
When you lump all Jews together and claim they do this and that 'evil' thing.

There aren't that many of you- much less if you consider all those who are mostly of white European decent. They all find that 10% of them that is Semite and call their selves Jews, which is something nobody else does with their ancestry, because being seen as Jewish lets you get a way with a lot of things.

I fail to see any Jew who isn't ultimately in it to simply debase Christian culture, and one who is actively participating in it isn't about to tell me otherwise :rolleyes:

john w

Hall of Fame
Let's see now. Chritianity's successes are either in the spiritual realm ("grace", " salvation"), or will happen some day in the future when Jesus returns.

Not very convincing.

The only evidence you have for anything is your holy book. Which may be good enough for you- but don't expect it to convince the outsider.

By that "argument," prove George Washington existed. Ever heard/saw/felt/touched/smelt him, yourself(the empirical evidence "science" employs)? "Evidence."

Speak plainly, convincingly. I will wait.

john w

Hall of Fame
Are "atheists" "man made," since they argue "there is no God?"

EOT. CLOSED. DOA. RIP.

Luke 7:32 KJV

They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

Atheist19

No worries. As I said, I don't attribute the "malicious" label to you. I have not taken anything you have said as negative.

As far as how I view the Bible, I view it as exactly as it is written, while keeping the perspective of the authors in context. For example, if it says that a bear ate two kids, the bear ate two kids. If it says that the world was flooded, it may have seemed that way from the point of view of the author. Make sense? Most of the figurative or allegorical subjects are pretty clearly marked in their respective passages. But as I said, it must be viewed in context with the perspective of the author.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Ok, I see. What do you make of the numerous contradictions that are all throughout the bible? Also about the horrible deeds that god commanded (rape, murder, genocide, slavery)?

Atheist19

Are "atheists" "man made," since they argue "there is no God?"

EOT. CLOSED. DOA. RIP.

Luke 7:32 KJV

They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

I get it. You're just a troll aren't you? Haha You had me going for a while there! lol

Atheist19

If you truely care about this matter... wouldn't you search it out on your own? Doesn't an Atheist pride themself on refusing to be spoon fed facts? I know I did. I still have that same chip on my shoulder. Perhaps you should start by researching Dawkins claim that there is no proof of a man named Yeshua Ben Yoseph.

I'll throw you a bone...

I didn't know about until after I did my own digging.

The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus (Case for ... Series) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0310339308/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bDNKyb846Y7FE

You never gave me claim to research? lol
I never said Jesus never existed, I may as well grant you that he did! But there is no evidence that he was resurrected, nor was the son of god. I think those are just stories.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You never gave me claim to research? lol
I never said Jesus never existed, I may as well grant you that he did! But there is no evidence that he was resurrected, nor was the son of god. I think those are just stories.

Okay... so now... we have physical evidence.

Now let's jump to more. Egyptology is the time marker of all scholarly work. There is a current claim that Semites never dwelled as slaves in Egypt... but... there actually is evidence that destroys this claim, and the insinuations make the entire academic time table off scale.

Here's a quick and dirty movie link to get you started.

The movie is comically at a faster tempo then it should be, but it's in full on YouTube this way, without being taken down. You can make fun of it twice as hard as you normally would because of the humor in it being sped up... but if you take the time to watch it, or even seek out the actual DVD or video file... you will begin to peer down the rabbit hole.

jsanford108

Ok, I see. What do you make of the numerous contradictions that are all throughout the bible? Also about the horrible deeds that god commanded (rape, murder, genocide, slavery)?

Excellent questions. In my experience, any contradictions that appear are not really contradictions when taken in context with the whole passage. Just to give a secular example: "Harry Potter is evil because it has witchcraft and Draco means dragon. The dragon is the beast!" This argument is a deduction using facts that, while present, are out of context. The same argument could be made of the Bible
"It talks of demons and Satan, therefore it is evil." Obviously both of these deductions are falsehoods.

So let us take these tactics to the contradictions in the Bible. I have read many lists of contradictions, found on atheist or naturalist sites. And while some of the lists are exhaustive, they always pick and choose single verses. Not passages. Many of these verses are being used to illustrate a point or story. Now of one made the claim that passages contradicted each other, that would be worrisome. (No exact examples are coming to my mind,
If you provide one, I would be happy to demonstrate)

Now onto the horrible deeds that God commanded. At no point does God command rape, murder, or slavery. Genocide, by definition, he did not command, however I will assume you intend it to mean the wiping out of an entire group of people (as opposed to one's own people). This God did do. There is no way to deny that. However, in every instance of this, the group being wiped out was an enemy bent on destruction. For example, let us look at the time in Kings when all the worshippers and priests of Baal were killed. For ages, they had been told to turn from that worship or that they would be destroyed for doing evil. (At this point, one must acknowledge that an evil act, committed against fully good merits death. I know this opens a whole new topic, but a clarity on that is required to understand the punishment of death dealt out in this case) Apply this circumstance to today. If judicials say "don't join a cult. They often lead to murder and rape. If this cult persists, all those involved will be charged for their crimes." That seems fair, no? That is parallel to what happened in Kings. Baal worshippers often committed acts of rape and murder, because it appeased Baal. A worthy punishment for that is severe in itself. But add to that the warning of God's prophets, compiled with the fact that they were in opposition to the wholly good. Hence, a severe punishment of annihilation.

In all cases such as that, one must understand that God must be Eternally Just. Many Christians like to gloss over this and sugar coat such things, or say that God's mercy trumps His Justice. But Justice and Mercy must go hand in hand, otherwise mercy is pointless as is Justice.

Feel free to give me examples that you would like me to attempt to explain. I enjoy a challenge. And if I cannot adequately explain it, I will admit to it.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
..... So if you found a piece of paper in the trash that said "This message was written by Thor", you would just instantly believe that Thor wrote that note because it says so? With absolutely no other evidence?

Thor's gay. Doesn't he wear lip gloss?

thor-bradpitt-rumor-img.jpg