The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

Christ's Covenantal Death, opens the eyes of the blind !3

Christ's Covenantal Death, opens the eyes of the blind !3

Isa 42:7

7 [FONT=&quot]To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

This is the prison house of unbelief ! Paul writing to the Romans Chapter 11, speaking of both jew and gentile elect writes this Rom 11:32

[/FONT]
32 [FONT=&quot]For God hathconcluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

In Gods Purpose of Mercy for the Elect both of the jews and gentiles He concluded them in unbelief. What does the word concluded mean ? Its the greek word [/FONT]
sygkleiō and means

1. [*=left]to shut up together, enclose

1. [*=left]of a shoal of fishes in a net

[*=left]to shut up on all sides, shut up completely

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The word is used here as shutting of a prison Acts 5:23

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Saying, The prison truly found we shut with all safety, and the keepers standing without before the doors: but when we had opened, we found no man within.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The Elect as well as all men by nature are imprisoned in Unbelief !

However the Death of Christ effects a bringing out of the prison of unbelief !

[/FONT]

Nanja

beloved57

The Elect as well as all men by nature are imprisoned in Unbelief !

However the Death of Christ effects a bringing out of the prison of unbelief !

All the Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23 that Christ died for as Surety Heb. 7:22; Heb. 13:20, His Sheep John 10:11, 15, God Purposely shut up in the prison house of unbelief, being blinded spiritually of heart and mind. But His Covenant Mercy Ps 103:17 brings them out of darkness and results in God quickening them in time [New Birth] because their sins were already imputed to Christ Is. 53:6, Rom 4:8, and His Righteousness imputed to them Rom. 5:9-10; 2 Cor. 5:21.

beloved57

Two blessings accomplished by the death of Christ:

#1. The death of Christ accomplished for them it was for " Remission of sins" which is Justification.See Matt 26:28

#2.It shall purge the conscience from dead works to serve the Living God Heb 9:14

Nanja

Two blessings accomplished by the death of Christ:

#1. The death of Christ accomplished for them it was for " Remission of sins" which is Justification.See Matt 26:28

#2.It shall purge the conscience from dead works to serve the Living God Heb 9:14

Those Christ died for are Justiified by His Blood alone Mat. 26:28 and were reconciled to God even while they were His enemies:

Rom. 5:9-10
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Therefore, the Righteousness that Christ's Blood provides for them He died, delivers them from the error of attempting to become righteous by their own dead works, conditioned upon what the sinner does Heb. 9:14.

But those who continue to seek acceptance with God based on their works, anything they do or perform even to the slightest degree to be accepted by God, and continue in that mindset, it becomes obvious that Christ's death was not for them!

beloved57

Those Christ died for are Justiified by His Blood alone Mat. 26:28 and were reconciled to God even while they were His enemies:

Rom. 5:9-10
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Therefore, the Righteousness that Christ's Blood provides for them He died, delivers them from the error of attempting to become righteous by their own dead works, conditioned upon what the sinner does Heb. 9:14.

But those who continue to seek acceptance with God based on their works, anything they do or perform even to the slightest degree to be accepted by God, and continue in that mindset, it becomes obvious that Christ's death was not for them!
Amen,they were not delivered from the curse of the law by Christ being made a curse for them !

Nanja

Amen,they were not delivered from the curse of the law by Christ being made a curse for them !

Exactly, and so to them He shall say:

"Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" -Mat. 25:41

beloved57

Christ by His vicarious death achieved Salvation. When He suffered and died for the sins of all those given Him of His Father, the Elect, He bare their sins in His body 1 Pet 2:24, hence His death brings them to God 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Thats Salvation being brought to God BY HIM Heb 7:25

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

How do they come to God BY HIm ? 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh !

beloved57

The sins of Gods sheep/elect,chosen were charged to Christ and they became His, so God punished Christ for their sins, the sins they committed that earned them the wages of death, even eternal death Rom 6:23a.

So Christ paid the full debt they owed to Gods law and justice so that they have in and through Him the forgiveness of sins, through His Blood Col 1:14

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Thats Salvation Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his peopleby the remission of their sins,

beloved57

It imputes righteousness without works !

Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Those whose sins are forgiven through the blood of Christ, see Vs 7 have also righteousness given them. See all of Christ's Suretyship righteusness, as He lived in perfect holy obedience to the Law of God, for He perfectly did this which is required Matt 22:37-40

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Christ did this perfectly in His Mind Will and Affections, and this Righteousness is given as a free Gift to all for whom He lived and died.

And so Paul understanding this Surtyship righteousness writes Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

See Christ's one Surety-ship obedience makes many righteous !

Nanja

It imputes righteousness without works !

Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Those whose sins are forgiven through the blood of Christ, see Vs 7 have also righteousness given them. See all of Christ's Suretyship righteusness, as He lived in perfect holy obedience to the Law of God, for He perfectly did this which is required Matt 22:37-40

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Christ did this perfectly in His Mind Will and Affections, and this Righteousness is given as a free Gift to all for whom He lived and died.

And so Paul understanding this Surtyship righteousness writes Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

See Christ's one Surety-ship obedience makes many righteous !

Yes indeed!

What God's Law demanded was fulfilled to perfection for His Spiritual Seed, His Elect, in their Surety's active and passive Obedience on their behalf.

Mat. 20:28
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

beloved57

Yes indeed!

What God's Law demanded was fulfilled to perfection for His Spiritual Seed, His Elect, in their Surety's active and passive Obedience on their behalf.

Mat. 20:28
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Sister, we can boast through Christ. We can say yes we do Love God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind

and
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Not that we do that within ourselves, but Christ did it for us and God imputes it to us as we did it ourselves.

Nanja

Sister, we can boast through Christ. We can say yes we do Love God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind

and
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Not that we do that within ourselves, but Christ did it for us and God imputes it to us as we did it ourselves.

Exactly! Can't say it any better than that Brother!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

beloved57

The accomplishment of Christ's death for those He died, t gives them the right to Spiritual Life from Christ ! Christ as their Savior raises them from the dead, that spiritual death they incurred in Adam. All of them died in Adam because of sin Rom 5:12, death reigned because of sin upon them Rom 5:17,21

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

But since Christ by His death put away their sins and offences, they through Him have the right to being raised from the spirtual dead, so hence its said of them Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Quicken means made alive, given life. These are the ones that believe on Him, for they had the right to be called the children of God Jn 1:12

But as many as received him, to them gave he power or right to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

To become the manifested children of God they must first be made alive, because God is the God of the Living and not the dead Matt 22:32

I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Nanja

The accomplishment of Christ's death for those He died, t gives them the right to Spiritual Life from Christ ! Christ as their Savior raises them from the dead, that spiritual death they incurred in Adam. All of them died in Adam because of sin Rom 5:12, death reigned because of sin upon them Rom 5:17,21

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

But since Christ by His death put away their sins and offences, they through Him have the right to being raised from the spirtual dead, so hence its said of them Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Quicken means made alive, given life. These are the ones that believe on Him, for they had the right to be called the children of God Jn 1:12

But as many as received him, to them gave he power or right to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

To become the manifested children of God they must first be made alive, because God is the God of the Living and not the dead Matt 22:32

I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living

Amen! Those who, through Christ's Death for them, become the manifested Children of God by being made Spiritually Alive John 1:12, is the same World He came down from Heaven for and gives Life to:

John 6:33
For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

And they consist of the same World of God's Adopted Sons / Children whom He Loved John 3:16,
and were Chosen in Christ from Everlasting to have forgiveness of sins, and to be holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-7.

beloved57

Amen! Those who, through Christ's Death for them, become the manifested Children of God by being made Spiritually Alive John 1:12, is the same World He came down from Heaven for and gives Life to:

John 6:33
For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

And they consist of the same World of God's Adopted Sons / Children whom He Loved John 3:16,
and were Chosen in Christ from Everlasting to have forgiveness of sins, and to be holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-7.
Excellent!

Nanja

Gal 6:14

14But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

The word Glory here is the greek word kauchaomai:

to glory (whether with reason or without)

2) to glory on account of a thing

3) to glory in a thing

It also is translated boast 2 Cor 7:14 or rejoice Phil 3:3

What do you and i boast in today ? How many of us truly boast of Glory in the Cross of Jesus Christ, His Person and Work and it's saving effects which are everlasting !

What I have observed of many of us is that we Glory not in The Person and Work of Christ and His Saving accomplishments for those He died, but in the flesh. Some of us by the teaching of the freewill of man, others by by our ethnicity, particularly ethnic jews. Yes ethnicity is of the flesh, and Paul stated this about having confidence in the flesh Phil 3:3-6

3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless

Notice what Paul calls confidence and trust in the flesh in vs 5

#1 Circumcised the eighth day [flesh]

#2 Being of the Tribe of Benjamin [flesh]

#3 Of the people of Israel [flesh see Rom 9:8]

#4 being a hebrew of Hebrews [flesh]

#5 being a pharisee [flesh]

Remember what Jesus told a well established pharisee of highest rank Jn 3:6

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

#6 Religious zeal in vs 6 all religious zeal apart from a Spiritual Revelation of the Gospel is of the flesh !

#7 Good reputation for religion before men, being blameless before men in the sight of men without Gospel revelation is [the flesh]

Paul thought being circumcised as a full blooded jew, of the tribe of Benjamin, was a gain to him, the word gain is the greek word kerdos
and means advantage.

He thought being an ethnic jew gave him advantage before God over other people who were not jewish. He thought it gave him advantage in having a relationship with God and salvation !

Many today think by being a ethnic jew that its an advantage, that it ensures special favor with God, even Salvation favor, this is confidence in the flesh, boasting in the flesh, no way around it !

That word confidence as confidence in the flesh Phil 3:3 also means trust, trusting in the flesh.

Like the pharisee Lk 18:9, this Pharisee would have trusted in the same things Paul did in Phil 3:5-6 and thats nothing more than trusting in ourselves, idolatry !

What is our Glory today ?

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

beloved57

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Sounds like your boast is in the Cross !