The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

Nanja

One of the accomplishments of the death/blood of Christ unto all for whom He died, is that it makes us to serve the Living God; Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

This purge of conscience from dead religious works [false religion] compatible with what Peter wrote 1 Pet 1:18 unto serving the True and Living God, is an efficacious effect of the Blood of Christ !

That word serve is the greek word latreuō and means:

I.
to serve for hire

II.
to serve, minister to, either to the gods or men and used alike of slaves and freemen
A.
in the NT, to render religious service or homage, to worship

B.
to perform sacred services, to offer gifts, to worship God in the observance of the rites instituted for his worship
i.
of priests, to officiate, to discharge the sacred office

Its the same word used here Rev 7:15

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Rev 22:3

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Its the word worship here Acts 24:14

14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

And note that this worship consisted in believing all things which are written in the law and prophets, which of course revealed Christ Lk 24:44

OT equivalent Deut 6:13

13 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.

Deut 10:12

And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Josh 24:15

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Phil 3:3

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship /serve God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

This what Paul refers to now, of worship/serve God in the Spirit, it is this which results solely from the Blood of Christ in Heb 9:14 !

And since we know that in order to serve God in such a way here, it takes a believing Faith Acts 24:14

14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

The word for believing is the greek word pisteuó:

I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with.

pisteúō (from 4102 /pístis, "faith," derived from 3982 /peíthō, "persuade, be persuaded") – believe (affirm, have confidence); used of persuading oneself (= human believing) and with the sacred significance of being persuaded by the Lord (= faith-believing). Only the context indicates whether 4100 /pisteúō ("believe") is self-serving (without sacred meaning), or the believing that leads to/proceeds from God's inbirthing of faith.

This type of believing in serving and worshiping of the True God is a blessing that is efficaciously wrought into all for whom Christ shed His Blood, this cannot be refuted without serious blasphemy !

Oh yes! And this believing, in serving and worshiping of the True God, is because
they have been given the Spirit of His Son in their hearts
Gal. 4:6 KJV; Isaiah 26:9 KJV.

~~~~~

beloved57

Oh yes! And this believing, in serving and worshiping of the True God, is because
they have been given the Spirit of His Son in their hearts
Gal. 4:6 KJV; Isaiah 26:9 KJV.

~~~~~

Yes, the Spirit must be given to all for whom Christ died for that Purpose. Remember at Christ's exaltation, as an reward for His death for His Seed Isa 53:10, The Father gave Him the Spirit of Promise to bestow on His Seed Acts 2:33

Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The Holy Ghost of Promise works in conjunction with the death of Christ to bring all for whom He died unto Faith and or Repentance Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

beloved57

By His stripes we are healed or saved ! 2

The Testimony of the Apostle Peter was that it was by Christ's death alone, here called stripes 1 Pet 2:24, in that He bare our sins in His Body on the Tree, and by that healing was effected, it effectually brought about our Salvation,in its totality, conversion included. That word healed is used here Jn 12:40

He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

So the healing from the Cross does exactly what is denied people here, It opens their eyes, gives them a heart that understands [Matt 13:23] and converts them, or heals them ! We are healed when we are converted

That word converted, the greek word epistrephō is the same word returned here in 1 Peter 2:25

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Here its in the passive voice meaning that they have been returned, they are turned by the effects of Christ's stripes !

This is undeniably True, that Christ's death alone effects the spiritual conversion of all for whom He died, those who deny it, are attempting to strip the Death of Christ alone of its Saving merit, which none but antichrist would do, so that he can cause men to worship him through their so called freewill !

Last edited:

Nanja

Yes, the Spirit must be given to all for whom Christ died for that Purpose. Remember at Christ's exaltation, as an reward for His death for His Seed Isa 53:10, The Father gave Him the Spirit of Promise to bestow on His Seed Acts 2:33

Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The Holy Ghost of Promise works in conjunction with the death of Christ to bring all for whom He died unto Faith and or Repentance Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

This Seed He shall see, are all the ones chosen in Him to die for from the foundation Eph. 1:4.
Repentance and Faith is granted to them only; not to all of mankind without exception.
And they are given to partake of the Spirit of Promise as a exclusive blessing of Christ's death for them:

Isaiah 44:3-4 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground:
I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: And they shall spring up
as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.

~~~~~

beloved57

By His stripes we are healed or saved ! 3

That Christ's death alone saved, healed, converted all for whom He died, is taught beyond all doubt here Isa 53:5

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Also See 1 Pet 2:24 !

Now the word healed in the hebrew is rapha and means :

I.to heal, make healthful ,

of national hurts, subject city Jeremiah 51:8,9; involving forgiveness and ׳יs blessing, impersonal with ל of people, נִרְמָּאלָֿנוּ Isaiah 53:5 i.e. healing has come to us.

The main of which is the forgiveness of our sins, which constitutes our peace with God, the removal of our guilt, and being freed from the punishment due unto it.

The same Idea is here where the same word is used Ps 103:3

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Of which brings spiritual healing to our souls Ps 41:4

I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

Jer 17:14

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

Sin is the sickness of the soul and the soul is healed when, being pardoned by mercy !

it is also renewed by grace

The prominent Idea in healing is acquittal from sin, a discharge, a Justification from, all of which the death of Christ alone provides for !

This healing comes to all for whom's iniquties he was brusied for, and transgressions He was wounded for.

But this healing does not stop at mere acquittal / Justification, but has as a accompanying outgrowth effects healing of the soul.

Now understand , that His death/ stripes ensures, guarantees that all for whom He died receives as a Gift of from healing, a New Spirit Ezk 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

In other words, His stripes ensures that they experience this Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Thats the New Spirit God promises to put within them in Ezk 36:26, its New Birth or some call it Regeneration.

Now recognize, If each person that Christ died for is not regenerated, as an evidence of the healing of the striopes of Him as per Isa 53:5; 1 Pet 2:24, then these scriptures do bare false witness and are misleading to say the least.

Notice the prophet uses the pronoun we are healed Isa 53:5

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

He is speaking of a whole nation of people See 1 Pet 2:9; Matt 21:43, a whole Body of People which is also described in Vs 10 as Christ's Seed Isa 53:10, now if this was the Lords seed that is healed in Isa 53:5,10, then thats who it is in 1 Pet 2:24.

In fact, those in 1 Pet 2:24 are also called earlier a Genration here 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light

Which word means offspring, its the greek word genos:

I.kindred
A.
offspring

B.
family

C.
stock, tribe, nation
i.
i.e. nationality or descent from a particular people

Which is the same word seed here Isa 53:10, the word zera` :

I.seed, sowing, offspring

Those being born of that incorruptible seed Christ 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

That refers back to Isa 53:10, Christ's Seed, Christ is the Word of God !

Last edited:

beloved57

nanja

This Seed He shall see, are all the ones chosen in Him to die for from the foundation Eph. 1:4.
Repentance and Faith is granted to them only; not to all of mankind without exception.

That is so True !

And they are given to partake of the Spirit of Promise as a exclusive blessing of Christ's death for them:

Isaiah 44:3-4 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground:
I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: And they shall spring up
as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.

Yes, and Gentile Elect are part of that Seed, the Spirit is part of the Blessing of Abraham, so we read that the objects of Christ's redeeming death, His Spiritual Seed, was for this purpose Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Through Faith here is not our subjective Faith or act of believing, but its that objective Faith, the prep dia for through means:

A.the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

We receive the Spirit on the ground of what Christ has done in His faithfulness in Vs 13 Gal 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Thats the faith cause why we receive the promise of the Spirit, as we are of that Seed of Abraham among the Nations Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

That blessing contains the Promise of the Spirit !

Nanja

beloved
Through Faith here is not our subjective Faith or act of believing, but its that objective Faith, the prep dia for through means:

A.the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

We receive the Spirit on the ground of what Christ has done in His faithfulness in Vs 13 Gal 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Thats the faith cause why we receive the promise of the Spirit, as we are of that Seed of Abraham among the Nations Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
The Faith that Justifies is not merely one having a head knowledge of Christ, or his flesh act of believing in Him;
but Faith is the evidence of true salvation: A Gift of the Holy Spirit to the Seed of Abraham.

No one can choose, of his own will, to become part of that Seed Is. 45:17 KJV, for God Himself has,
according to His Own Eternal Purpose, already chosen each one! Eph 1:4-9 KJV; 2 Thes. 2:13 KJV; 2 Tim. 1:9 KJV

Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

That blessing contains the Promise of the Spirit !

Amen!

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

No one can choose, of his own will, to become part of that Seed Is. 45:17 KJV, for God Himself has,
according to His Own Eternal Purpose, already chosen each one!

Correct, could Isaac have chosen to be of the Seed of Abraham before he was born ?

Gen 17:19

And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Whose choice was this ?

Now keep in mind, every true believer Paul says this:

Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Thats any believer that belongs to Christ, whether jew or Gentile Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs or children according to the promise [as Isaac was].

Nanja

nanja

Correct, could Isaac have chosen to be of the Seed of Abraham before he was born ?

Gen 17:19

And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Whose choice was this ?

Now keep in mind, every true believer Paul says this:

Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Thats any believer that belongs to Christ, whether jew or Gentile Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs or children according to the promise [as Isaac was].

Altogether correct!

God alone has done the choosing of His Seed.

~~~~~

beloved57

Altogether correct!

God alone has done the choosing of His Seed.

~~~~~

Yes, It is written Rom 9:7

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Isaac here serves as an Type of Christ ! Gal 3:29

Nanja

Yes, It is written Rom 9:7

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Isaac here serves as an Type of Christ ! Gal 3:29

Agree, and also:

Abraham offered Isaac Heb. 11:17. And Christ offered Himself Heb. 7:27, but was given by The Father John 3:16.

And Jacob, being in Isaac, is a type of the Chosen Seed, as you pointed out: "In Isaac shall thy seed be called"
Rom. 9:7; Is. 41:8. Just as Christ's Seed was chosen in Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

And Jacob, being in Isaac, is a type of the Chosen Seed

Yes 1 Chron 16:13

O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.

Ps 105:6

O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

And since we believers who belong to Christ are Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29 we are also the House of Jacob His Chosen.

Lk 1:31-33

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

That House of Jacob is the Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed or the house of jacob, and heirs according to the promise.

Nanja

nanja

Yes 1 Chron 16:13

O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.

Ps 105:6

O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

And since we believers who belong to Christ are Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29 we are also the House of Jacob His Chosen.

Lk 1:31-33

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

That House of Jacob is the Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed or the house of jacob, and heirs according to the promise.

Yep...TY!

~~~~~

beloved57

Brings all to Faith !

Jn 12:32-33

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

If Christ by His death/being lifted up, draws all men unto Him, this word draw speaks to have been given life,or communicated life. The word draw is the greek word helkō means:

I.
to draw, drag off

II.
metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

It also means to persuade

I by my moral, my spiritual, influence will win over to myself the hearts of all,

Yes the inward impelling and power to be come to Christ is nothing short of that quickening Life from out of the Last Adam 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Quickening means to make alive, makes movement / operation and it impels, so this drawing is by an impartation of quickening Life from the risen Christ, which is none other than His Spirit or the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit is Life Rom 8:10

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

All for whom He died, doeth have imputed to them Righteousness, and That Righteousness demands Life Prov 11:19

As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it to his own death.

Because of what Christ has done for sinners that He died for, they are first made alive legally to the Law, then secondarily they are made alive out of Spiritual death, because of Righteousness, not their own, but that of their Surety, the Last Adam.

Now back to the word draw, it also connotes being persuaded I persuade, Now what is Faith but a spiritual persuading; Now the greek word for Faith pistis:

pístis (from 3982/peithô, "persuade, be persuaded") – properly, persuasion (be persuaded, come to trust); faith.

So the word draw in Jn 12:32 does also denote the impartation of persuading Faith, by the Life of the Spirit, so in other words, when Jesus says that as a result of His death or being lifted up, that all men shall be drawn to Him, He means they will come to Him in Faith, which agrees the Truth, the Just shall live by Faith !

Last edited:

beloved57

Grace reigns through Him !

Rom 5:21

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death [through adam], even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

How does Grace reign through Righteousness. The word reign is the greek word basileuō and means:

I.
to be king, to exercise kingly power, to reign
A.
of the governor of a province

B.
of the rule of the Messiah

C.
of the reign of Christians in the millennium

II.
metaph. to exercise the highest influence, to control

Now we all know how effectual death has reigned through the lesser adam, but what man is so ignorant to is how Grace reigns effectual through Christ, how that it opposes successfully that death which reigned through adam !

Now Grace reigns successfully by the Saving and Converting Effects in those Christ died for and redeemed Titus 2:11-14

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The Grace here in Titus 2:11 is describing what it means for Grace to reign through the Righteousness of Christ of Rom 5:21 !

When it[Grace] reigns through Christ, it brings Salvation, it actually converts the one for whom Christ died.

Now I know that this passage has been sorely perverted by antichrist as to mean that all men without exception have been offered Grace or that it has been made available, but now it must be accepted by the freewill of sinful man for it to produce any effects ! Thats a Lie however !

This most blessed passage of scripture actually informs us just how effectual the Grace of God through Christ abounds toward sinners Christ died, it Illustrates the blessed Truth of how the Grace of God through the redemptive work of Christ, and His Righteousness, does reign through Righteousness in the Honor of His Righteousness on their behalf Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Last edited:

beloved57

Was made a Life giving Spirit !

1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

The Last Adam was made a Life Giving Spirit, thats what the word quickening means, Life giving, for if we recall, Jesus said on occasions, that His Purpose was to give Life Jn 6:33

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Jn 10:10,28

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

This Life Giving was premised, based on Him putting away their sin debt, by dying the death they deserved for the wages of their sins Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now understand, their being by nature dead in trespasses and sins, spiritually dead and alienated from the Life of God, is the wages of sin, Death !

Now , its by this paying of their sin debt by His death for them, and He being quickened from the dead after paying their debt 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh[for their sins], but quickened by the Spirit: Because their sin debt was paid in full, See Rom 4:25 also !

Now the word quickened here in 1 Pet 3:18 is the greek word zōopoieō:

I.
to produce alive, begat or bear living young

II.
to cause to live, make alive, give life

And its the same word quickening in 1 Cor 15:45, again meaning to give life, or to cause to live,B.to restore to life

D.of the spirit, quickening as respects the spirit, endued with new and greater powers of life

So as being quickened from the dead as their Head and Shepherd, after having put away all causes for them being in death, even Spiritual death of which they were born naturally, having paid their sin penalty, death no more owed by them to God's Law and Justice, they are given Life, Spiritual Life from the dead, which is evidence that their sin debt has been paid, so Justice demands it !

Last edited:

beloved57

Was made a Life giving Spirit ! 2

Christ as the quickened Head, having paid the sin death for His dead body, He must give Life to His Own Body, the Church, as the quickened Head, He himself gives Life to every member of His Body, Paul wrote earlier to the Corinthian Believers 1 Cor 12:27

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

So each particular member of His Body will receive quickening from Him 1 Cor 15:45

Their being quickened from the Spiritually dead is legally due unto them because their sin debt has been paid in full, and death of any kind, is due because of the sin debt Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So the quickening they receive in this life from Spiritual death is the Gift of God through Jesus Christ, the Last Adam their Lord !

Now understand something, If only the Head be quickened, and not each member in particular of His Body, then the quickening is incomplete and so is Justice !

Last edited:

beloved57

It bought all for whom He died with a Price !

1 Cor 6:19-20

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

No doubt these scriptures apply strictly to the believers in Christ, however, Just when were they bought with a Price ? Was it before or after they became believers ?

Last edited:

beloved57

It set us free from unbelief , a servant of sin !

Christ death was for the purpose of setting free from unbelief/servitude of sin for all whom He died, if it did not produce that result for each of them He died for, it failed the purpose of God. Rom 6:6

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Now even though this was written to believers, it applies to all for whom He died, and God's purpose therein was to set us free from the service of sin and or unbelief ! Thats primarily what being a servant of sin is, simply a unbeliever in the flesh. When Jesus said this Jn 8:34

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

He means no more by it than they are unbelievers, and in servitude to it. Here in Rom 6:6 Paul is saying to and of those Christ died for , that the connection we have with sin in our adamic nature, by which we are imprisoned to sin and unbelief, it has been destroyed, in order that we be no more servants of sin, unbelief, which equates to Jesus having by His death for us, setting us free from it Jn 8:36

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Last edited:

beloved57

It set us free from unbelief , a servant of sin ! 2

Now it is Christ that sets us free from the servitude of sin symptomized by unbelief and dead works of false religion. So if one does not ever come to believe the Gospel, its because they are still being a servant of sin, and if and when they do come to embrace the Gospel, its the evidence that for them, Christ's death hath set them free, that is the effects of His death, it hath liberated them from service to sin, and God should be thanked for that as Paul writes here Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin or unbelievers, but ye have obeyed/believed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Believing or obeying from the Heart the Gospel is something God should be thanked for ! Not mans idol freewill ! Believing the Doctrine of the Gospel is an act of obeying, as it is indicated here Rom 10:16

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Now the word obeyed in Rom 6:17 and here in Rom 10:16 are the same greek word hypakouō and means:

I.
to listen, to harken
A.
of one who on the knock at the door comes to listen who it is, (the duty of a porter)

II.
to harken to a command
A.
to obey, be obedient to, submit to

Paul says that if one obeyed, then God should be Thanked for that Rom 6:17.

The same would apply for Rom 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

That action if performed by us, God should be Thanked !

Antichrist followers would tell us that mans own freewill is responsible for believing from the heart the Doctrine of Christ and His finished work, which is a lie !

Take your pick, either God , Christ should get the Full credit for ones believing the Gospel, or mans freewill gets the credit, or even partial credit, but it cannot be both ! Remember, we must be first set free from the servitude of sin to become a believer ! Does Christ death effects that freedom, liberty or mans freewill ?

Last edited: