Thanks Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok, here's something I've had a hard time understanding.

Ron Paul wants to give the power to outlaw abortion back to the states right?

Alan Keys wants to give it to the federal government, yes?

Now, Say Alan Keys gets into office and bans abortion completely throughout the entire United States. Here's what's got me stuck: What happens when another evil president gets in and turns the abortion issue right back around?

I personally would think that Ron Paul would seal the deal on this particular problem because by giving power back to the states you make it so that the power over abortion is vested in a lot more men than one. I would think it would take a couple of evil presidents to reverse this one.

Thoughts?
Every state in the union should pass a constitutional amendment declaring the personhood of the unborn and the federal government should pass a constitutional amendment declaring the personhood of the unborn! Leave no stone unturned on this one.

S†ephen

Every state in the union should pass a constitutional amendment declaring the personhood of the unborn and the federal government should pass a constitutional amendment declaring the personhood of the unborn! Leave no stone unturned on this one.

See Ron Paul's "we the people act" and "Sanctity of Life Act"

PKevman

Stephen said:
Ron Paul wants to give the power to outlaw abortion back to the states right?

I don't know if I think that is right. I think he wants to give the power to make and enforce ALL law back to the states, right? It's not as if abortion is the only thing he is running on. In fact this is his view for every issue. So can't you see it is just as easy to say he wants to give the power to keep abortion legal back to the states because he wants the states to have the power to choose or not to choose?

Stephen said:
Alan Keys wants to give it to the federal government, yes?

I thought I had a firm grasp on Keyes, so I'm going to abstain for now, because I was a bit shocked about his abortion for rape and incest and life of the mother, which are really not pro-life positions at all.

Stephen said:
Now, Say Alan Keys gets into office and bans abortion completely throughout the entire United States.

That would be a wonderful thing, wouldn't you agree? Even if it were only for 4 years or 8 years.

Stephen said:
Here's what's got me stuck: What happens when another evil president gets in and turns the abortion issue right back around?

That's possible regardless of what happens. That would possible if Paul were elected as well. But I don't think we should fear doing good now for what evil someone might do in the future. :think:

I
Stephen said:
personally would think that Ron Paul would seal the deal on this particular problem because by giving power back to the states you make it so that the power over abortion is vested in a lot more men than one. I would think it would take a couple of evil presidents to reverse this one.

Stephen said:
Thoughts?

I think that it's a thoughful position, but one that again can just as easily be understood as saying, once the states had the power to choose, it could take a couple of presidents (and probably far more than that) to reverse it.

S†ephen

I think that it's a thoughful position, but one that again can just as easily be understood as saying, once the states had the power to choose, it could take a couple of presidents (and probably far more than that) to reverse it.

Exactly! Exactly! I agree with you 100% there. But, wouldn't it be a lot easier for the common man like you and me to reverse problems in our state? I mean right now everything hinges on 1 guy in office and I would think that Paul's stance would give a lot more power to you and me to stop this stuff.

And remember, Paul knows that we already have several states waiting to ban abortion. It's not like we're starting with nothing.

PKevman

Exactly! Exactly! I agree with you 100% there. But, wouldn't it be a lot easier for the common man like you and me to reverse problems in our state? I mean right now everything hinges on 1 guy in office and I would think that Paul's stance would give a lot more power to you and me to stop this stuff.

But it would also give a lot more power to wicked men who badly outnumer us to keep wicked things occurring. :think:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
S†ephen
Your avatar bugs me. Not that there is anything wrong with that photo. It's just that a homosexual who called himself beanieboy used that same photo for a period of time. I'm thinking it should have been purged from use on TOL when he changed avatars.

PKevman

S†ephen
Your avatar bugs me. Not that there is anything wrong with that photo. It's just that a homosexual who called himself beanieboy used that same photo for a period of time. I'm thinking it should have been purged from use on TOL when he changed avatars.

Yeah that fellow was really wacked.

S†ephen

But it would also give a lot more power to wicked men who badly outnumer us to keep wicked things occurring. :think:

Yep. I thought of that one too. But I would rather have 100,000 evil men with little power and who I have direct contact with and can possibly sway, than 1 man with unlimited power who I really can't do anything about.

S†ephen

S†ephen

PastorKevin said:
Yeah that fellow was really wacked

K ya'll are creeping me out. I'm changing my avatar now. :help:

PKevman

You're right on with this Delmar my friend. :up:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See Ron Paul's "we the people act" and "Sanctity of Life Act"

Been there done that! Every congress since 1973, every supreme court since 1973 and every and every president since 1973 believe that the supreme court had the right to declare that an unborn baby is not a person! Since that is true Ron Paul's proposed laws, even if passed, would be dead on arrival!

S†ephen

Been there done that! Every congress since 1973, every supreme court since 1973 and every and every president since 1973 believe that the supreme court had the right to declare that an unborn baby is not a person! Since that is true Ron Paul's proposed laws, even if passed, would be dead on arrival!

No, I believe if they were passed it would take the issue out of the hands of the supreme court.

Status
Not open for further replies.