TERROR IS A SWORD OF JUDGEMENT.

marhig

Firs off, when looking at things from God's perspective, we can't take our own view. What God does (and what we believe about what He does) doesn't necessarily determine our emotional (or other) responses. By that I mean that if we believe God is a certain way and think that should make us respond a certain way (mourn with others, have compassion on them them etc...), then we can only make that connection if we believe we are properly able to see things as He does. Since I don't believe we can without revelation (and anything understood without that revelation may well seem twisted), I understand that certain things that the scriptures say about God are hard to reconcile with love, compassion and mercy. But since we are created beings and not the Creator, I accept that there will always be some sort of disconnect between what God has said about Himself and what He does and the way we feel about (and understand) that. That's why it's a good thing judgment is His and not ours. I don't say all this in judgment but rather about plain truth in what I believe scripture reveals about God. In the end, I believe it is far better to have God more closely involved in what we hate than to have Him removed from it - otherwise we have less hope that He is working ALL things after the counsel of His own will.

Is it the will of God for all to be saved? Is it the will of God that any should perish? Does God delight in the death of the wicked? Yes, no and no. But an emotional response (and justified one, I agree!) doesn't change the reality of sin and the matter of God's Sovereignty. If God wills good and evil happens, does that mean God's will was thwarted by either man or Satan? The answer to all three questions is that God will something good but because they aren't fulfilled, man has to believe that God had nothing to do with it. At that point you have yielded a critical part of God's Sovereignty and everything is up for grabs. Satan can now run the show by thwarting critical parts of God's plan.

But, you may say, God merely allows these things to happen. What if you had a parent who knew his child so well that he knew exactly what that child was going to do without fail (I believe God's knowledge of us is far more intimate, but I use this since I think you will agree with the analogy)? And what if that child was approaching another child with a knife and was so mad with that other boy that he was going to use the knife on the other boy? Here's a father who loves his son (and the other boy) so much that all he does is say "Don't do that, son!"? Yes, when the son carries out the awful act, he is guilty. But what loving father will allow that to happen if he has the power to stop it? Unless you believe God couldn't stop the bombing, then you have to believe either He actively willed it (which I don't) or that He allowed it for some good reason. Just like with the above analogy, would you call God loving if He allowed Satan to do something when He very easily could have stopped it? Remember, now, we are dealing with a God who said He would remove a stony heart and replace it with a heart of flesh. He has the power to change a man instantly. What would you say of the father who allowed his boy to visciously attack another when he had full power to stop it? Is that loving? And what if that father said that he loved his son enough to make his own decisions for himself - but he still told him it was wrong (so the father had no blame upon him)? What would you think of that father? And what of his love for the boy who was attacked? Did he not love that boy enough to protect him from the free will decision of the other boy?

Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

John 6:70-71

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
John 17:12

Judas was chosen to do what he did - he was a devil and Jesus knew it from the beginning and still chose him. He didn't try to change him but chose him to do a certain, specific thing.

And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

Matthew 26:23-25

Jesus knew what was going on. He chose Judas to do what he was supposed to do (betray Him) and yet He still said it would have been better that Judas never had been born. Yet if he hadn't, Jesus would not have been betrayed as He was and crucified as He was (and the scripture would never have been fulfilled). But He also didn't speak about it too loudly since the other disciples didn't realize what was happening until it happened. So God used Judas to achieve something that was not good for Judas but God was (apparently) more concerned with the scripture being fulfilled than Judas being redeemed. The silence with which He treated the matter speaks partly to Him rendering His own judgments that go beyond even His closest friends. So I acknowledge these things are hard to fathom most of the time, but God's will was beyond the evil that Judas brought to the table (so to speak). More evidence of this in John's version :

Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

John 13:26-28

Judas had already been stealing from the money bag, so he was already a devil. But Satan had not entered him and God willed that this should happen - otherwise, would he have betrayed Jesus? So I do agree with your assessment that these things - these calamities - are Satanic. But by saying so, if we exclude God, we damage His Sovereignty in a way that ultimately has wide-reaching consequences. Satan entered Judas at just the right time. Yet in doing what he did, it perfectly fulfilled scripture and brought salvation to untold millions. What is interesting is that when Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness, he was trying to deflect Jesus from His purpose on earth. Now he was (unwittingly?) serving that purpose.

Again, I fully agree. But the distinction between God as judge, Creator and Sovereign and us as creations means that we cannot always understand His ways. Just because He asks us to do these things (because they are fully aligned with His heart and His approach to humanity) does not mean that He is not involved in things in a way we can't comprehend. If we could comprehend it all, what kind of God would He be?

I simply believe that if we accept those things that we can't fathom as being in some way involved (directly) in God's purposes, then we won't have any cause to lose hope. But if we isolate God from tragedy, we have cut off our only hope. If we have a God who is constantly at war with Satan, we (maybe unconsciously) accept a God who is fighting as we are - not ruling in all aspects of creation. David said that though he make his bed in hell, God would be there. God and Satan may not have the same ends, but Satan's ends will not be achieved and God is not scrambling to react to tragedy. That is the eventual upshot of a view that pits God against Satan with God being utterly absent in anything that we attribute to Satan.

Then you have a God whose plan can be thwarted by His creation - or at least One who has to change His plan every time one of those humans messes it up with his doing something according to his will (instead of God's). Even the wrath of man shall praise Him...surely the remainder of wrath He shall restrain.

And again, your view of the will of God seems to me to be too separate from the mess of fallen man and fallen creation. God has to play chess with the universe (so to speak) to figure out how to navigate all the problems man's falleness will create for Him and His will. I am not saying God told the bomber to do what he did, but rather that if God hadn't removed the restraints upon him, he never would have done what his evil nature led him to do.

I almost completely agree. But would caution against an overly metaphorical approach to the OT. I do believe it speaks in types and shadows, but it is also very real history with man's very real sin and God's very real judgment. Again...read Ezekiel 7-9 and see what God did. Read the promised judgments in Leviticus and Deuteronomy and see how God used other people (or promise to do so) to fulfill His judgments upon Israel. These are not metaphors but plain promises of God working all things after His own will. I don't disagree that forgiveness and faith are central to the gospel and even what God willed from Ancient Israel. But that doesn't change the judgments that eventually came because of persistent sin.

Read Psalm 78 to see just how unimaginably merciful God was to Israel. The central verse says it all :

But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.
Psalm 78:38

But we can't read God's judgments through this verse. He did judge - and He still does. That may seem incompatible (to us) with a God of love and forgiveness, but God's judgments have more of a purpose than just punishment :

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the Lord.

Isaiah 26:9-10

Judgments teach the meek and judge the wicked (at the same time).
No i don't believe that Judas was serving a purpose, Judas betraying Jesus isn't what God wanted at all! But God knows everything, and he knew what would happen and what Satan would do once Jesus came to this world, and he foretold it through the prophets. There's a difference between knowing what will happen to wanting something to happen.

If my son signed up to join the army, and I knew he was going to the front line of a fierce battle, I would know that he had a good chance of dying, but I wouldn't want that to happen to him. And God didn't want that to happen to Christ Jesus either, but he knew it would happen, he knew what Satan would do to Jesus, and Jesus was willing for it, because he was more interested in saving as many as he could and he put his life last and came as a servant to to do the will of God and bare witness to the truth, to reconcile as many he could to God through the gospel of truth. And he knew what Satan would do to him and he was still willing for it. And Christ Jesus overcame Satan on his own ground and won! He came into this sinful flesh and overcame Satan by never sinning, no matter what he did to him, even suffering being crucified Jesus still overcame his evil with good, even saying father forgive them, for they know not what they do. And he is our perfect example to follow.

Also, Judas still had free will, but he chose his flesh over the Holy son of the living God, and this is the difference, Judas knew Jesus, that made him worse than anyone else, he was one of his closest, yet he betrayed him, just as we can do when we truly know God and Christ, and then put our flesh before them, once we do this, we crucify Christ afresh and put him to an open shame!

I think you and I see judgement differently, Israel were judged because they knew God, we are judged, when we wifully sin because we know God. But God forgives those who sin in ignorance as long as they repent when they hear his word, and these are they whom Christ Jesus came into this world to save. Jesus saves lives through his people and Satan destroys lives through his.

I know God is over everything, but I still believe that the flesh of this world is where God has put Satan to crawl. And he is the prince of this world and those who are in darkness are under his influence, wherever Satan is, hell is. And God does allow things to happen, but I don't believe that they are by his will, i don't believe that God wills a man to strap a bomb to himself and blow people, including children up!

I know you have shown me verses to support God judging, and yes he does, but they are those who know him and have gone wrong by putting their flesh before the living God and also those who reject Christ Jesus and the word of truth. If we start saying that it is the will of God for someone to blow themselves up and kill people, then we might as well just back terrorism, because if that's the case, then all atrocities in this world are done by the will of God, and I just don't believe that to be the truth.

I'm sorry, but we will have to disagree on this.

nikolai_42

I know God is over everything, but I still believe that the flesh of this world is where God has put Satan to crawl. And he is the prince of this world and those who are in darkness are under his influence, wherever Satan is, hell is. And God does allow things to happen, but I don't believe that they are by his will, i don't believe that God wills a man to strap a bomb to himself and blow people, including children up!

I know you have shown me verses to support God judging, and yes he does, but they are those who know him and have gone wrong by putting their flesh before the living God and also those who reject Christ Jesus and the word of truth. If we start saying that it is the will of God for someone to blow themselves up and kill people, then we might as well just back terrorism, because if that's the case, then all atrocities in this world are done by the will of God, and I just don't believe that to be the truth.

I'm sorry, but we will have to disagree on this.

Just a question or two to follow up then. Knowing ahead of time what would happen, was God able to stop Judas' betrayal? Or any terrorist attack? If it was purely evil and served no ultimate purpose (and assuming He is/was capable of stopping such evil), why didn't He?

Reactions: Lon

marhig

Just a question or two to follow up then. Knowing ahead of time what would happen, was God able to stop Judas' betrayal? Or any terrorist attack? If it was purely evil and served no ultimate purpose (and assuming He is/was capable of stopping such evil), why didn't He?

God can do anything, but I believe that this world is a world of sin, and all here suffer, even those who belong to God, even his beloved son suffered once he came here. Because Satan is here, and that's why sin is here and murders and cruelty, greed and all manner of works of the flesh is in the heart the of the man of the flesh, and the works of the flesh brings pain and suffering to others. So it is better to suffer for doing good than evil, and we are better to partake in the sufferings of Christ and suffer to do good, and deny sin and the ways of Satan, and as the Spirit reveals sin to us within our hearts, we are to turn from it, and we are to obey the living God from our hearts and turn from this world and the ways of it. And once we are born of God we are to bring his love and word to others and do his will as Jesus has showed us to. And then God will strengthen us through Christ, by the Spirit to overcome and he will strengthen us to bare it when we do hit trouble in our flesh.

I believe the we are here in this sinful flesh for doing wrong, and we have a chance of being reconciled back to God once we hear his word. And we didn't deserve this gift, but God, by his grace sent his son who knew no sin, into this sinful world and he came into this sinful flesh for us, to bare witness to the truth to give us a chance of salvation and bring those who truly believe in him, who follow him and have faith, from death to life, from the darkness of hell to the light of heaven.

And those who become a doer of the word, and live by the will of God, loving him from there hearts and their neighbours also, they worship God in Spirit and in truth. And we are taken out of this world of darkness and we then walk in the Spirit and in the light of God. And we start to have our minds open through progressive revelation, like watching a day dawning, from the pitch of night to the brightness of mid day. Have you never wondered why God starts his day in the evening and ends in the morning? Because he never ends in darkness always in the light, he changes the hearts of those who truly love him, from being in darkness to being full of his light, he creates in the darkness of our hearts and it is made manifest in the light as we bare the fruit of the Spirit.

So this world of full of evil, and it was in darkness and sin from Adam until Moses, who brought the law that puts to death. And then along came the life and light of God through his holy son Jesus Christ, and through him by the word of God, we can be reconciled to God and given life by the power of the Spirit and be born anew in God and the second death will have no power over us as long as we remain in the goodness of God and live by his will.

And now we have no excuse, because the way and the truth has been lived out and preached through our Lord Jesus Christ, it's been documented and put into the Bible, and preached throughout the world, and those who are of the truth hear his voice and turn from sin to do the will of God and follow Jesus. And they are guides to those in darkness, like the stars at night.

There is no excuse for murder, even under the law we are taught not to kill. And once we do, then the blood of whosoever we kill will be on our heads and God will judge that. And once we are born of God, we shouldn't want to kill anyone, but we will have the light and life of Christ in our hearts, and we will bring his life and the love of God to others. And death and darkness will no longer have dominance over us.

Nikolai I believe that God is love, there is no evil in him at all, no darkness, nothing, only light. All evil is done by satan, and he will tempt us always, and we will be tried and tested when our times come. But those who have true faith and do the will of God, will through Christ be strengthened by the Spirit to overcome and bare the cup of which we are partakers of. And we will be true followers of our Lord Jesus.

This is the way I believe, I have no more to say, I believe from my heart that it is wrong to kill. And those doing so are listening to Satan.

Anyway, there's no point in going on, as we will just go on and on. I've said what I believe to be the truth, as have you. And only God knows the heart of every man, and he is our judge. So I've got nothing more to say regarding this.

Thank you,
Mary.

Truster

God can do anything, but I believe that this world is a world of sin, and all here suffer, even those who belong to God, even his beloved son suffered once he came here. Because Satan is here, and that's why sin is here and murders and cruelty, greed and all manner of works of the flesh is in the heart the of the man of the flesh, and the works of the flesh brings pain and suffering to others. So it is better to suffer for doing good than evil, and we are better to partake in the sufferings of Christ and suffer to do good, and deny sin and the ways of Satan, and as the Spirit reveals sin to us within our hearts, we are to turn from it, and we are to obey the living God from our hearts and turn from this world and the ways of it. And once we are born of God we are to bring his love and word to others and do his will as Jesus has showed us to. And then God will strengthen us through Christ, by the Spirit to overcome and he will strengthen us to bare it when we do hit trouble in our flesh.

I believe the we are here in this sinful flesh for doing wrong, and we have a chance of being reconciled back to God once we hear his word. And we didn't deserve this gift, but God, by his grace sent his son who knew no sin, into this sinful world and he came into this sinful flesh for us, to bare witness to the truth to give us a chance of salvation and bring those who truly believe in him, who follow him and have faith, from death to life, from the darkness of hell to the light of heaven.

And those who become a doer of the word, and live by the will of God, loving him from there hearts and their neighbours also, they worship God in Spirit and in truth. And we are taken out of this world of darkness and we then walk in the Spirit and in the light of God. And we start to have our minds open through progressive revelation, like watching a day dawning, from the pitch of night to the brightness of mid day. Have you never wondered why God starts his day in the evening and ends in the morning? Because he never ends in darkness always in the light, he changes the hearts of those who truly love him, from being in darkness to being full of his light, he creates in the darkness of our hearts and it is made manifest in the light as we bare the fruit of the Spirit.

So this world of full of evil, and it was in darkness and sin from Adam until Moses, who brought the law that puts to death. And then along came the life and light of God through his holy son Jesus Christ, and through him by the word of God, we can be reconciled to God and given life by the power of the Spirit and be born anew in God and the second death will have no power over us as long as we remain in the goodness of God and live by his will.

And now we have no excuse, because the way and the truth has been lived out and preached through our Lord Jesus Christ, it's been documented and put into the Bible, and preached throughout the world, and those who are of the truth hear his voice and turn from sin to do the will of God and follow Jesus. And they are guides to those in darkness, like the stars at night.

There is no excuse for murder, even under the law we are taught not to kill. And once we do, then the blood of whosoever we kill will be on our heads and God will judge that. And once we are born of God, we shouldn't want to kill anyone, but we will have the light and life of Christ in our hearts, and we will bring his life and the love of God to others. And death and darkness will no longer have dominance over us.

Nikolai I believe that God is love, there is no evil in him at all, no darkness, nothing, only light. All evil is done by satan, and he will tempt us always, and we will be tried and tested when our times come. But those who have true faith and do the will of God, will through Christ be strengthened by the Spirit to overcome and bare the cup of which we are partakers of. And we will be true followers of our Lord Jesus.

This is the way I believe, I have no more to say, I believe from my heart that it is wrong to kill. And those doing so are listening to Satan.

Anyway, there's no point in going on, as we will just go on and on. I've said what I believe to be the truth, as have you. And only God knows the heart of every man, and he is our judge. So I've got nothing more to say regarding this.

Thank you,
Mary.

Which goes to prove you are a stranger to the grace that bought and brought salvation.

marhig

Which goes to prove you are a stranger to the grace that bought and brought salvation.

We are saved through faith by the grace of God!

Also Jesus said this!

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Truster

We are saved through faith by the grace of God!

Also Jesus said this!

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Actually, we* are saved by grace through trust.

If you knew the difference between "by" and "through" and you'd had the experience of it. You wouldn't mix them up.

we* the regenerate.

marhig

Actually, we* are saved by grace through trust.

If you knew the difference between "by" and "through" and you'd had the experience of it. You wouldn't mix them up.

we* the regenerate.
If we have faith then we completely trust in God, to have faith is to trust in God, and we will live by his will and leave our life completely in his hands.

And those are truly regenerate will be overcoming their flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit and the will produce the fruit thereof.

Truster

If we have faith then we completely trust in God, to have faith is to trust in God, and we will live by his will and leave our life completely in his hands.

And those are truly regenerate will be overcoming their flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit and the will produce the fruit thereof.

You've got all the words but they look as if they've been in a blender. Torn apart and mixed up. Go and look at your life and you'll see the resemblance.

nikolai_42

I believe the we are here in this sinful flesh for doing wrong,

I don't understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that we are put in this sinful flesh as punishment? Where does this "sinful flesh" come from?

and we have a chance of being reconciled back to God once we hear his word.

And what is it that reconciles (or reconciled) us back to God?

And we didn't deserve this gift, but God, by his grace sent his son who knew no sin, into this sinful world and he came into this sinful flesh for us, to bare witness to the truth to give us a chance of salvation and bring those who truly believe in him, who follow him and have faith, from death to life, from the darkness of hell to the light of heaven.

Thank you,
Mary.

It sounds like it's a lot of God waiting for sinners to do what God wants them to do so He can bless them.

But I would also note you didn't really answer the questions I asked. The closest I can come to your answers to my questions is something like "God is pure and not sinful and we are sinful and He has nothing to do with anything we do and so He can let evil happen and it doesn't dirty His purity. The only way He avoids that is to either remove Himself from it (Deism) or trying to show sinful man how to behave (and if he doesn't change, there isn't much God can do)". The way I read it, you think God either is removed from this all or has to become a passive victim of man's sinfulness. But you still don't deal with the verses that specifically say that God makes peace and creates evil...that He works ALL things after the counsel of His own will...that even man's wrath will praise Him and the remainder of wrath God Himself will restrain. This is what scripture says - not me.

Truster

She recognises evil and tries to put matters right. It is no more than pagans did when they offered up sacrifices. She has been given a general revelation and because she knows of the existence of Deity she has decided to serve, but she can't. She worships the idol of her fallen and wicked imagination.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Terror is an instrument in the hands of the Eternal Almighty. He uses the wicked to destroy the wicked. Nobody is safe when He strikes and He never misses a target.

Manchester Arena is one of many Temples that have been built for the worship of man. Either in sporting or entertainment forms of idolatry. It is a fitting venue for the Eternal Almighty, whose Name is Jealous, to reveal His wrath from heaven against irreverence and injustice of humanity. Romans 1:18

"Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and Yah Veh hath not done it?" Amos 3:6​

“How are they brought unto desolation, as in a blink! in consuming they are consumed with terrors”. Psalm 73:19​

“TZADDI. Just art thou, O YAH VEH, and upright are Thy judgments”. Psalm 119:137

9/11 was the outworking of the Abrahamic Covenant, curse for curse in kind.
When the USA thought that financially supporting the Palestinians would go unnoticed with God, we were wrong.
Just like God recognizes our giving of financial support towards missionaries and He credits our account as "passive evangelism" He sees financial support that results in terror for Israel and credited America with passive terrorism and thus Islamic terror hit bush right between his eyes.

I agree with you truster but l see the fall of European countries as the result of their pro Arab anti Israel stance coming back to them as God said would happen to those that touch the apple of His eye.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
9/11 was the outworking of the Abrahamic Covenant, curse for curse in kind.
When the USA thought that financially supporting the Palestinians would go unnoticed with God, we were wrong.
Just like God recognizes our giving of financial support towards missionaries and He credits our account as "passive evangelism" He sees financial support that results in terror for Israel and credited America with passive terrorism and thus Islamic terror hit bush right between his eyes.

I agree with you truster but l see the fall of European countries as the result of their pro Arab anti Israel stance coming back to them as God said would happen to those that touch the apple of His eye.

Truster

The media in the UK is full of people refusing to acknowledge the just judgement of the Eternal Almighty. They are waving a collective fist at His justice and are blatantly refusing to acknowledge the sin for which they have been judged.

"He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding".

The entire nation is refusing instruction.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Terror is an instrument in the hands of the Eternal Almighty. He uses the wicked to destroy the wicked. Nobody is safe when He strikes and He never misses a target.

Manchester Arena is one of many Temples that have been built for the worship of man. Either in sporting or entertainment forms of idolatry. It is a fitting venue for the Eternal Almighty, whose Name is Jealous, to reveal His wrath from heaven against irreverence and injustice of humanity. Romans 1:18

"Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and Yah Veh hath not done it?" Amos 3:6​

“How are they brought unto desolation, as in a blink! in consuming they are consumed with terrors”. Psalm 73:19​

“TZADDI. Just art thou, O YAH VEH, and upright are Thy judgments”. Psalm 119:137

Blasphemy.

Epoisses

At least I can get on board with a God of fire and brimstone. Amen.

The wussified Americans have been brain-washed to believe that Satan does all the killing in the bible.

Read the OT!!!! That was God doing those things and he don't play.

Greg Jennings

Seriously? Those wicked little girls had it coming?