Targeting Christians?

bybee

Nutters with bombs are even more effortless and kill loads more people at once than guns.

Do you think they care that bomb-making is illegal?

Cars and planes work well for that end also, should we ban them?

Excellent response! And remember the Boston Marathon? A couple of pressure cookers loaded with nails, nuts and bolts did heinous damage to a large number of people.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Excellent response! And remember the Boston Marathon? A couple of pressure cookers loaded with nails, nuts and bolts did heinous damage to a large number of people.

yes, anyone intent on killing several people would still easily be able to accomplish that and then some without a gun, and then loads of people would no longer be able to defend themselves. (way more by far, people have successfully defended themselves with guns, than are harmed by them)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The slaughterer at a Junior College in Oregon specifically targeted Christians. It was reported this morning that he asked students "What is your religion?" And shot them if they answered "Christian".
It will be interesting to hear the follow up on this.
Ten Christians shot dead.
May they rest in peace.
More and more people are seeing both Christianity and Islam in the way of non-fundamentalist ways of approaching God. So in that respect, the shooting was horrific--certainly--but also understandable.

Should Christians or Muslims or anyone else who is a member of a faith or denomination? Of course not.

But in my opinion, given the overwhelming number of Christians world-wide, it seems a case of the elites impersonating the oppressed.

Many conservative people as well as conservative believers tend to put themselves into a state of victimhood when they are challenged or killed. Maybe that comes from a recognition that they will be left behind as the world goes on.

bybee

More and more people are seeing both Christianity and Islam in the way of non-fundamentalist ways of approaching God. So in that respect, the shooting was horrific--certainly--but also understandable.

Should Christians or Muslims or anyone else who is a member of a faith or denomination? Of course not.

But in my opinion, given the overwhelming number of Christians world-wide, it seems a case of the elites impersonating the oppressed.

Many conservative people as well as conservative believers tend to put themselves into a state of victimhood when they are challenged or killed. Maybe that comes from a recognition that they will be left behind as the world goes on.

Absolutely not understandable.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
What on earth is wrong with you? By what malfunction of the brain, is it "understandable"?
I have worked one-on-one with a diversity of different folks.

I had to understand why someone did a certain thing so I could connect with them and help them find a better understanding of and offer other more effective ways to do that thing.

In short, I have learned that whenever people feel pushed, they often push back. This is true of all of us, serial killers and even terrorists.

I tried to break that cycle in everyday people. We all have a lot of untapped flexibility, imagination and creativity to deal with our beliefs and thinking and other's beliefs and thoughts.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

I had to understand why someone did a certain thing so I could connect with them and help them find a better understanding of and offer other more effective ways to do that thing.

In short, I have learned that whenever people feel pushed, they often push back. This is true of all of us, serial killers and even terrorists.

I tried to break that cycle.

One more time, how on earth is it "understandable" to go into a school, ask people who have never done anything to you - if they are christians and murder them when they say yes?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What on earth is wrong with you? By what malfunction of the brain, is it "understandable"?

I tried to break that cycle in everyday people. We all have a lot of untapped flexibility, imagination and creativity to deal with our beliefs and thinking and other's beliefs and thoughts.

One more time, how on earth is it "understandable" to go into a school, ask people who have never done anything to you - if they are christians and murder them when they say yes?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The answer as usual seems to be "let's do nothing." The understanding is that massacres are just the cost of doing business.

The answer is to keep the second amendment in place and have armed guards at schools to stop the nutters and then to make examples of the 'nutters' and execute quick and rapid justice. The "cost of doing business" should never include taking away the right of people to defend themselves.

Nutters with bombs are even more effortless and kill loads more people at once than guns.

Do you think they care that bomb-making is illegal?

Cars and planes work well for that end also, should we ban them?

yes, anyone intent on killing several people would still easily be able to accomplish that and then some without a gun, and then loads of people would no longer be able to defend themselves. (way more by far, people have successfully defended themselves with guns, than are harmed by them)

Now i will ask again granite, are you being a hypocrite or have you given up your own gun yet?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

The idea that "people have not done anything to you" is a shallow way of viewing human behavior--in my opinion.
ANY action by human beings is from a perceived attack. People like myself--and I am not alone--were against Bush's wars because of that same reason. I always called up the visual metaphor of a blindfolded president attacking a wasp's nest from a stepladder and a weed-whacker.

We need to be aware of our underlying good intentions, but we also should pay attention to the sometimes-not-so-good effects of those "good" intentions. I try to be aware of it in myself.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The idea that "people have not done anything to you" is a shallow way of viewing human behavior--in my opinion.
ANY action by human beings is from a perceived attack. People like myself--and I am not alone--were against Bush's wars because of that same reason. I always called up the visual metaphor of a blindfolded president attacking a wasp's nest from a stepladder and a weed-whacker.

We need to be aware of our underlying good intentions, but we also should pay attention to the sometimes-not-so-good effects of those "good" intentions. I try to be aware of it in myself.

And of course you equivocate, instead of answering the question. Try again and here it is again to refresh your memory:

bybee

You appear to be in La-La Land?