Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Dread Helm said:
No really. :rolleyes:
Ahh, you have information on this???

Please spill the beans, if you dare. ;)

Along with the thick skin you also develop a hard heart and a stiff neck. :
Already had a hard heart before I showed up here. The stiff neck comes from so many people trying to bend it one way or the other...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Zakath said:
You're entitled to your opinion. But I'll consider the source and not take offense.

No. The circumstances are very different. Terry Schiavo is not being illegally executed for her religious affiliation, political views, or sexual preferences...
The Jews were innocent of any capital crime in the eyes of God and so is Terry Schiavo. Therefore the circumstances are identical.

On Fire

Zakath said:
Not being bothered by such things is all part of the "thick skin" we non-believers must develop when dealing with you religionists.
You could avoid having to "deal" with people who do not agree with you by posting on an exclusively atheist web site.

Which brings up an interesting question....do all atheists agree with eachother? Is there dissent among the heathens?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
On Fire said:
You could avoid having to "deal" with people who do not agree with you by posting on an exclusively atheist web site.
And you could avoid having to deal with people like me by posting on an exclusively fundy Christian web site.

But we're both here, what else can I say? :D

Which brings up an interesting question....do all atheists agree with eachother?
Probably not. I've never spoke to "all atheists"... ;)

Is there dissent among the heathens?
You betcha!!! :devil:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Jefferson said:
The Jews were innocent of any capital crime in the eyes of God and so is Terry Schiavo. Therefore the circumstances are identical.
I thought your religion taught that all men (and women) were guilty before your god and deserved death, Jefferson!?

In that case Mrs. Schiavo is just as "guilty" as the next person...

Gerald

Resident Fiend
On Fire said:
Which brings up an interesting question....do all atheists agree with eachother? Is there dissent among the heathens?
Well, there's the debate on roast baby vs. broiled baby... :chuckle:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
I thought your religion taught that all men (and women) were guilty before your god and deserved death, Jefferson!?

In that case Mrs. Schiavo is just as "guilty" as the next person...
As I told billwald on another thread,
Turbo said:
Not all sins are capital crimes. In this context, "innocent" means "not guilty of crime" or "not deserving of execution." It doesn't mean "sinless".

All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. 1 John 5:17​

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Where would we be without such clarifications

Where would we be without such clarifications

Zakath was rebutting Dread Helm, who's what, 13 years old? And he writes:

Zakath said:
I think, if you read history, you'll find that the Reich's removal of the disabled had less to do with hatred and more to do with economics...

Leave it to the resident atheist to make such important distinctions.

-Bob Enyart

p.s. And I'd bet on this homeschooled 13-year-old in a history contest against Zakath anyday.

Mr. 5020

Bob Enyart said:
Leave it to the resident atheist to make such important distinctions.

-Bob Enyart

p.s. And I'd bet on this homeschooled 13-year-old in a history contest against Zakath anyday.
Zakath may be an atheist, but he is a brilliant guy (I know it seems like a paradox). He is resented here mostly because of how he slaps people around with his knowledge.

julie21

Mr. 5020 said:
Zakath may be an atheist, but he is a brilliant guy (I know it seems like a paradox). He is resented here mostly because of how he slaps people around with his knowledge.
I would take your word for that Mr 5020....because even satan himself is a knowledgeable being, able to quote any scripture, and twist it to make his own case against what is pure and good. I am sure he could quote anyone ,anything to use it for his benefit of distorting the Truth.
Being an atheist does not make people less intelligent than Christians, in a learned sense, the Wordly sense.
Christians just prefer the non-Worldly approach, with softened hearts to the absolute Truth of what they take in.

Mr. 5020

julie21 said:
I would take your word for that Mr 5020....because even satan himself is a knowledgeable being, able to quote any scripture, and twist it to make his own case against what is pure and good. I am sure he could quote anyone ,anything to use it for his benefit of distorting the Truth.
Being an atheist does not make people less intelligent than Christians, in a learned sense, the Wordly sense.
Christians just prefer the non-Worldly approach, with softened hearts to the absolute Truth of what they take in.
:thumb:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Bob Enyart said:
Zakath was rebutting Dread Helm, who's what, 13 years old?
I have no idea how old any particular poster is since none of them are personally known to me.

The way you interpret history, it'd have to be someone from your own congregation to understand it. ;)

It's a case of "when you're a hammer, all the world is full fo nails". When you're a pastor, everything has a spiritual cause...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
julie21 said:
Nice backhanded complement there sister. :rolleyes:

Nor does it make them more intelligent. I prefer to let each individual stand or fall on their own intelligence without pre-judging them based on their religious affiliation.

Out of this world, eh? ;)

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
:darwinsm: Good one.

Mr. 5020

Zakath said:
When you're a pastor, everything has a spiritual cause...
I want to go into the ministry, but I disagree with this. For example, the devil isn't always responsible for getting you sick.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
I have no idea how old any particular poster is since none of them are personally known to me.

When you're a pastor, everything has a spiritual cause...
Don't you mean, "When you're a Calvinist..."? Or, "When you're a charismatic...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.