T-Minus 4 Days till Weitz Permanent Collaborators Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You unintentionally stumbled onto something I've been mulling for a bit...

I half-wonder if getting media attention has been Enyart and company's intention all along; less a solution, as they know they won't change a thing, and more an extended PR stunt.
Getting media attention is certainly a part of it. Most of the public, (even most of the public who consider themselves pro-life) are still unaware that there is a split in the pro-life movement between the personhood wing and child-killing regulators wing. So getting the liberal national media to give us millions of dollars in free publicity is a wise tactic that we will take full advantage of.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It's all in their archives section on their website. Sorry but I don't have time to research it. I'm on a computer in a library every day until I get my old one fixed and there is a time limit people are allowed on the computers here. I bought a new computer and I stupidly had DELL install VISTA on it thinking the newer system would be more user friendly. WRONG! Can't navigate it. Can't find any files on it. VISTA is an absolute nightmare.
You should have gotten a Mac.

Jukia

It's all in their archives section on their website. Sorry but I don't have time to research it. I'm on a computer in a library every day until I get my old one fixed and there is a time limit people are allowed on the computers here. I bought a new computer and I stupidly had DELL install VISTA on it thinking the newer system would be more user friendly. WRONG! Can't navigate it. Can't find any files on it. VISTA is an absolute nightmare.

Sorry about your computer woes. Had some issues at work re computers as well but they seem to have been connected with some ex-employees who hacked in after either quitting or being terminated. Not fun and very expensive. But some may be arrested!

I did check on that site, no real archives that I saw.

fool

Hall of Fame
The supreme court hasn't stopped them so I doubt they are too worried about the Weitz attorneys. The more media attention and social turmoil, the better!

And PP sure isn't going to do anything as they don't want contractors to pick up on ...if you work for us, lawsuits and protesters will be involved...

Phelps lost the suit against him, so there is a precedent.

fool

Hall of Fame

Vista dosen't play well with programs not designed for Vista.
Vista and Office 2003 were fighting over the adress book so bad I had to go get Office 2007.
Now that that is straightened out it's cool.
But pictures are hard to manage, and I send alot of pictures.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Getting media attention is certainly a part of it. Most of the public, (even most of the public who consider themselves pro-life) are still unaware that there is a split in the pro-life movement between the personhood wing and child-killing regulators wing. So getting the liberal national media to give us millions of dollars in free publicity is a wise tactic that we will take full advantage of.

But beyond free publicity I don't see anything by way of progress in ending abortion or curbing it at all. So if the intent was just to get some more mass media attention, well, mission accomplished.

fool

Hall of Fame
Lakewood decided not to enact an residental protest ordinance, that's about the only "victory" I know of.
Most of the crack down on protests in the court records has been at the state level, mostly surronding Phelps and keeping him away from the funerals. Some have stood and some have been struck down.
Interestingly one of the residental protest decisions has been from CO
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2001_May_30/ai_75131952

That one lost because it wasen't content nuetral.
But leaves the door open for content neutral protest banns.

I think Granite hit it on the head, this whole project is a Phelpsian foray into the edges of the free speech envelope.
It's gonna be more about what I said in all these other threads, what happened to the march for life Denver thread? Oh ya, Todah admitted to being dense and it died.

Whatever the colaborators whatever thing does the KKK, Nazis, Tree huggers, Union, Coomies, Democrats, chicken lovers, Get to do.

First Amendment says I get to protest spinich in front of a hair salon.
It dosen't matter that NO ONE besides me can see the connection between the two.
It dosen't matter that I cannot see the connection between the two.
I have that right.

But what I don't have the right to do, is follow the guy that fixes the air conditioning at the hair salon home and stalk him day and night and publish his personal info on the web and encourage everyone on the planet to blitz his phone line and spam his e-mail and stand in front of his house and howl like a banshee.

The project has outed itself, it states that it's purpose is to make the people uncomfortable. Come argument time at SCOTUS it would have served you much better to say that your purpose was to express your view on abortion.

Saying that your purpose was to make people uncomfortable just put you off the free speech turf and put you into the right of people to be secure in their person turf.

Oh and by the way, that thread some time ago about calling the hosipital that was going to abort a baby was a FACE violation.

Also it would help if you guys stopped video tapping yourselves tresspassing and violating noise ordinences. And perhaps before that stop posting videos of you doing that on the WWW thing.
I swear to the God that dosen't exist I heard Bob's voice off camera telling one young "make a video of us protesting and post it on the web" camera man to "KEEP OFF THE GRASS!"
Even Bob understands about keeping off the grass.

AND.....
While you're at it, instead of video taping yourselves eating BBQ in the snow why don't you video tape THE JOB SITE.
Ya know?
The place where the thing is being built?
EPA is not the construction mans friend.
And OSHA is not a town in Wisconsin.

Jukia

It's pushing the same First Amendment Buttons.

I see that but seems to me that they would want to dissociate themselves from Phelps. I may not agree with this Collaborators Project (note the obvious reference to WWII and fascist collaborators) but Phelps is clearly deranged.

fool

Hall of Fame
I see that but seems to me that they would want to dissociate themselves from Phelps. I may not agree with this Collaborators Project (note the obvious reference to WWII and fascist collaborators) but Phelps is clearly deranged.

The clearity of the derangement is of no matter in these first amendment issues.
No one understands why Phelps is protesting gays outside of a dead straight soldiers funeral.
But he gets to do it.
And his activities have spawned a swarm of litigation.
As will the topic at hand.
Watching the Phelps appeal to the judgement against them will tell the tale of what this residental Colaborators program could go up against.

PlastikBuddha

Anyone taking bets on how long this collaborator project will last before:
1. Someone gets sued
2. Someone gets hurt or killed
3. People start picketing DBC and other involved parties and their members homes
4. Public backlash over intimidation tactics causes the pro-life movement to lose credibility.
5. Abortion is outlawed
6. The participants throw in the towel
or
7. Jesus returns

Granite

Hall of Fame
The backlash against intimidating and thuggish tactics will wind up doing the pro-life movement a great deal of harm.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The backlash against intimidating and thuggish tactics will wind up doing the pro-life movement a great deal of harm.
"No justice, no peace." That modus operandi has worked to the NAACP's advantage over the years. It should work for us too.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"No justice, no peace." That modus operandi has worked to the NAACP's advantage over the years. It should work for us too.

Funny how you guys use the civil rights movement as a parallel when it suits you and dismiss other allusions to it when they annoy you...

There's a willful, foolish provocative recklessness to all this that will not do a lick of good.

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Funny how you guys use the civil rights movement as a parallel when it suits you and dismiss other allusions to it when they annoy you...

There's a willful, foolish provocative recklessness to all this that will not do a lick of good.
It already has done some good. Babies are saved by protests. Medical students decide not to become abortionists because of protests.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It already has done some good. Babies are saved by protests. Medical students decide not to become abortionists because of protests.

Some do and some don't. But if you think you guys are going to stop a company like Weitz dead in their tracks, you're dreaming. It seems as though you're almost hoping you get dragged to court and promptly creamed. That would certainly help burnish martyr status credentials.

This is a collosal waste of time and energy that could have been better spent. In a way it doesn't appear as though actual forward progress is something that's actually trying to be accomplished. Pot stirring's much easier.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
But if you think you guys are going to stop a company like Weitz dead in their tracks, you're dreaming.
If German citizens protested companies in Nazi Germany that built concentration camps, even if those citizens didn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of succeeding, do you think history books today would be attempting to ridicule their efforts?

Granite

Hall of Fame
If German citizens protested companies in Nazi Germany that built concentration camps, even if those citizens didn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of succeeding, do you think history books today would be attempting to ridicule their efforts?

Such an analogy is inaccurate and misleading and a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.