Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
T-Minus 4 Days till Weitz Permanent Collaborators Status

This is the show from Monday January 28th, 2008.

SUMMARY:

* Protests against the Weitz construction firm: building Denver's abortion clinic have snowballed into a national effort. "The aggressive protests against the Weitz construction firm building Denver's new abortion clinic have snowballed into nationwide commitments from many organizations," said Will Duffy, founder of the Collaborators Project, "to conduct years of home protests against Weitz' clients and their executives. These long-term targeted residential protest commitments will trigger on Jan. 31st at midnight." According to the CollaboratorsProject.com website, the group imposed a deadline of January 31, 2008 on the billion-dollar Weitz company to stop building Denver's new abortion clinic or it will get hit with Permanent Collaborator Status (PCS). According to the organization's homepage, Weitz received that deadline letter last week, and now "Denver Post reporter Al Lewis informed us that Weitz has hired a law firm to deal with the severe protests."
Here is a partial list of supporting press releases including from national and state-wide pro-life groups, indicating that if Weitz is designated with Permanent Collaborator Status, hundreds of experienced anti-abortion protesters will be picketing Weitz clients homes and sites around the country for as many years as abortionists kill children in the clinic Weitz is building for that purpose.

WorldNetDaily: Jan. 31 Deadline for Weitz... Article on WND frontpage

Leading pro-life organization American Life League and its president Judie Brown urge Weitz to pull out by the Jan. 31 deadline

Operation Rescue/OSA, the world's most well-known abortion protest group to honor Permanent Collaborator Status against Weitz

Missionaries to the Preborn, a Planned Parenthood "Top 15 Enemies" to go after Weitz

Denver radio host on 50k-watt station warns Weitz that its foray into abortion politics will result in protest of Weitz' clients

Tentative: Feb 3 Super Bowl party at the Meggisons (a Denver Weitz exec's home)

Colorado's largest pro-life group, CRTL, commits to long-term protests against Weitz if firm hit with Perm. Collaborator Status

To help, please contact
Will Duffy
Will@CollaboratorsProject.com

Today's Resource: Watch the latest BEL DVD, Bob Debates the Stars! Watch Bob debate comedian Martin Short, filthy publisher Larry Flynt, platinum rapper Sisqo, comedienne Ruby Wax, ABC's crotch-humorist Jimmy Kimmel (twice), and actor Dennis Weaver. This DVD will soon be added to our BEL Store, but to get it now, you must call us at 800-8Enyart (836-9278)!

Jukia

Interesting, and while I understand the Constitutional right of free speech, this appears to be running close to interference with contract rights. Like it or not, building an abortion clinic appears to be a legal business. Interfering with one's right to conduct a legal business, especially interfering with a specific contract, may make the interfering party liable for damages.

Given the fact that Pastor Bob's theocratic form of government does not yet exist in the US I think the only avenue Pastor Bob and his buddies have for redress is legislative, not this.

The science part of the show is standard fundy creationist nonsense.

Jukia

Well, if building this structure is pursuant to a legal contract for a legal purpose, as it would seem to be and you have a group attempting to disrupt that legal relationship, why is it not? There is a potential cause of action for the tort of interference with contract rights. It is usually a situation where a competitor attempts to interfere but if the basic legal theory is based on the underlying legal valid contract then one could argue that this attempt to stop the company from building by protests at the homes of the executives is going beyond the free speech expression that may be OK if the protests are at the building site.

I'm just thinking out loud here. Whether or not one is in favor of abortion or passive about it, it seems to me to be going farther than should be permitted when protesting at the executives of the company. I can understand the thought process and the compulsion to be an anti-abortion activist but those doing this should be ready for a civil lawsuit. If this company is as big as it seems they will not hesitate to spend the $ for lawyers and seek an injunction in Fed court and damages. If I were the company lawyer I would be doing the research right now.

Todah

You shall say to this people, 'Thus says the Lord, "Behold I set before you the way of life and the way of death.........Behold I am against you, O valley dweller, O rocky plain," declares the Lord, You men who say, "Who will come down against us? Or who will enter into our habitations?' "But I will punish you according to the fruit of your deeds," declares the Lord......"do justice and righteousness, and deliver the one who has been robbed, from the power of his oppressor. Also do not mistreat or do violence to the stranger, the orphan, or the widow; and do not shed innocent blood in this place."

Tomorrow, January 31'st would be a good day for the Weitz Company Inc. to repent, and stop serving the ways of death, and start serving the ways of life.

Why would anyone after being warned, choose to fight against the Lord?

The Weitz Company has many different business and construction ventures from, commercial to residential, to golf courses and other interelated financial interests. Simply put, it does not need to build an abortuary, where innocent babies will die, mostly, for the convenience of their parents, and the profit of the abortionists, and PP.

" Can a man hide himself in hiding places so I do not see him?" declares the Lord.

No one can hide their deeds, nor their heart, from the Lord.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Jukia:

Do you feel the same way when gay rights groups call for boycotts against companies who advertise on anti-gay rights religious TV shows?

Granite

Hall of Fame
If Weitz comes down with both feet and hauls out some big shot attorneys this could have an extremely damaging impact on the pro-life movement...

Jukia

Jukia:

Do you feel the same way when gay rights groups call for boycotts against companies who advertise on anti-gay rights religious TV shows?

Jefferson: I think people can boycot whatever they want to boycott. I suspect that most protest is Constitutionally protected. But this just strikes me as going beyond the free speech protection that the Constitution provides. Free speech is not without some Constitutional restraint--the yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is none for example. I question the following in this situation as I understand it:
1. a protest which takes place at an employee of the company may be beyond Constitutional protection. Although it may depend on the level of the employee. Perhaps one at the company president is OK but one at the job foreman's house may not be. You can get away with saying things about a public figure that you could not a private figure for example.
2. you do not like the purpose of the contract. too bad. On its face it appears to be a legally ok contract to build a building. What gives you the right to interfere with that? Shouting that it is God's law does not work.
3. I'm suggesting that those who protest should be prepared for the consequences of their actions. If they are, then fine. Take whatever happens. but there may be potential consequences beyond what people have thought of---personal liability for example.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Jukia:

So far we have won all of our protesting cases that have gone to court. A 100% success rate doesn't have me too worried about our future.

Jukia

Jukia:

So far we have won all of our protesting cases that have gone to court. A 100% success rate doesn't have me too worried about our future.

Who is "we" kemo sabe? And I am fairly certain that the Federal courts have put some restrictions on protests at abortion clinics in terms of distance etc.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Who is "we" kemo sabe? And I am fairly certain that the Federal courts have put some restrictions on protests at abortion clinics in terms of distance etc.

I'd also be curious to know if "they" have tangled yet with a company like Weitz, which has an awful lot of money and manpower at its disposal.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Who is "we" kemo sabe?
The Colaborators Project.

And I am fairly certain that the Federal courts have put some restrictions on protests at abortion clinics in terms of distance etc.
And it helped our cause by expanding our protests. :chuckle: Stupid liberal judges. :chuckle: Another victory for our side. The 100% success rate continues.

Jukia

The Colaborators Project.

And it helped our cause by expanding our protests. :chuckle: Stupid liberal judges. :chuckle: Another victory for our side. The 100% success rate continues.

1. When did the Collaborators Project start?
2. How many legal actions has it been involved in?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
1. When did the Collaborators Project start?
2. How many legal actions has it been involved in?
The Collaborators Project started on January 1st, 2008 but it is an offshoot/ad hoc committee/sister organization (whatever you want to call it) of Families against Planned Parenthood which began in October of 2007. All of their conflicts in their short 4 month existence are documented on their website.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
If Weitz comes down with both feet and hauls out some big shot attorneys this could have an extremely damaging impact on the pro-life movement...

The supreme court hasn't stopped them so I doubt they are too worried about the Weitz attorneys. The more media attention and social turmoil, the better!

And PP sure isn't going to do anything as they don't want contractors to pick up on ...if you work for us, lawsuits and protesters will be involved...

Granite

Hall of Fame
The supreme court hasn't stopped them so I doubt they are too worried about the Weitz attorneys. The more media attention and social turmoil, the better!

And PP sure isn't going to do anything as they don't want contractors to pick up on ...if you work for us, lawsuits and protesters will be involved...

You unintentionally stumbled onto something I've been mulling for a bit...

I half-wonder if getting media attention has been Enyart and company's intention all along; less a solution, as they know they won't change a thing, and more an extended PR stunt.

Jukia

My suggestion is that perhaps the protesters would be a bit concerned if they were looking at an action for damages that they were responsible for. Follow the $.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Can you tell me which of the protest cases that went to court were successful? Thanks.
It's all in their archives section on their website. Sorry but I don't have time to research it. I'm on a computer in a library every day until I get my old one fixed and there is a time limit people are allowed on the computers here. I bought a new computer and I stupidly had DELL install VISTA on it thinking the newer system would be more user friendly. WRONG! Can't navigate it. Can't find any files on it. VISTA is an absolute nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.