Survey for Judaism Followers

Ben Masada

God created light first with nothing else than His spoken command, which means light in the form of photons existed before the creation of matter.

No, it did not. Most references to light in Genesis is a reference to knowledge or spiritual achievement.

Your inability to understand the difference between what God needs to use to do something and what God chooses to use to do something is surprising.

HaShem needs nothing to produce something.

Did God need to use the dust of the ground to make Adam or did God just choose to use it? Genesis 2:7

No, that text of Gen. 2:7 is a metaphorical reference to what man is, where from he came and where to he will go. (Eccles. 12:7)

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

To become is to be and not to have. It means that we are souls and not that we have a soul.

The fluctuations in the quantum field are the vibrations created when God spoke the universe into existence.

That's not enough for a definition of quantum field or quantum mechanics. If you don't have a better definition, vibrations are not of the nature of God.

Elia

Survey for Judaism followers on TOL. answer "yes" or "no." If you have the boldness.

1. Did God create the world in six days?

2. Adam and Eve. Literal people who existed in history as the first people on earth?

3. Noah's flood. Did it literally happen in history as described in Genesis?

4. Job. A literal person who existed?

5. Satan. A literal entity that exists as described in the Bible?

Bs"d

Yes to all.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H

Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

Thanks for the reply. For clarification, are you a Jews that accepts Jesus as the Messiah or one who adheres to Judaism only?

Bs"d

Judaism only.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Elia

It's hard to believe there were so many Christ denying Jews and even more today. Judaism alone is a dead end religion.

Bs"d

It is Christianity which is a dead end religion, based on lies, deceit, and paganism.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.

Elia

I accept Jesus as the Messiah, but I was not born a Jew.

Bs"d

Why would you do such a thing, seeing that he didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies?

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things. Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know My hand and My might; and they shall know that My name is Y-H-W-H.”
Jer 16:19-21

Elia

I am a Judaic Christian under the New Covenant.

Bs"d

You think the new covenant is paganism?

The new covenant didn't kick in yet:

Even the name "New Testament" is not correct: It points to the new covenant that G.d will make with the Jewish people. Paul claims that this is done through Jesus. Paul says in Hebrews 10:15-17; "Whereof the Holy Ghost is also a witness to us, for after he had said before: This is the covenant that I will make with them, after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My laws in their heart and in their minds will I write them. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." This is written in Jeremiah 31:31-34; "Behold, the days come saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah. Not according the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which my covenant they broke, although I was as a husband to them, saith the LORD. But this shall be the covenant that I make with the house of Israel: After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in there inward parts and write it in their hearts, and I will be there G.d, and they shall be my people. And they shall no more each man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: Know the LORD, for they shall all know me, from the least of them till the greatest, saith the LORD, for I will forgive their iniquity and I will remember their sins no more."

Are we now in the days that everybody knows about the LORD (Y-H-W-H)?----.That nobody has to teach his neighbor about G.d?

Obviously not!

So even the reference to the new covenant, the "New Testament", is not correct.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Elia

Yahwah is the only true God, and Yahshua is a god from heaven. [/B]

Bs"d

So you believe in two gods.

That is polytheism and idolatry.

"Now therefore, fear Y-H-W-H, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Y-H-W-H! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H."

Joshua 24

Elia

HaShem must have shared a double portion of His Divine attribute of Intellect with the Jews. We don't take every thing in the Bible literally. To do so would be to cause the Bible to collapse. The other way around would be Christianity; a religion of myths.

Bs"d

Not necessarily. Just accept that there are things you don't know.

For instance, let's take Gen. 1:3 as you have mentioned above to exclude the Jewish religion from being a Biblical religion. "Let there be light and, there was light." If we go literal with that which is the case with Christians, how could we explain that the sun, responsible for light was set in the sky on the 4th day of Creation?

That was a problem for the last 3300 years, but now science has solved that problem.

What did the big bang create? Not matter. Only energy. Superpowerful light beams. Light.

Only later, when the universe expanded and cooled down, did it pass the point of quark confinement, the point where light could be transformed into matter. Matter is congealed light, like ice is congealed steam. In a nuclear explosion the matter is reversed, and matter is transformed into energy.

So first there was light, and only later there was matter, and from the matter the sun was made.

So first there was light, and only later the sun.

Elia

Just curious, how are Jews the 'light of the world'? :idunno:

No offense is intended. I am sincerely looking for an explaination...

Bs"d

The Jews are the proof that God exists:

https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/god-exists

OCTOBER23

BEN MASADA - WHOA ,,,,,,ARE YOU EVER WRONG ABOUT JOB .

You said,

5 - No, Job was not a literal person but an allegory to illustrate the role of Israel aka Job qua Immanuel aka God in the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- FIRST OF ALL YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOU DO NOT BELIEVE GOD's WORD.

--Eze 14:14 Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it,

they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

Eze 14:20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD,

they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver

their own souls by their righteousness.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Job 2:3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
Job 2:4 And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
Job 2:6 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.
Job 2:7 So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

genuineoriginal

No, it did not. Most references to light in Genesis is a reference to knowledge or spiritual achievement.
You are running away from the text of the Bible.
Are you afraid of the implications?

That's not enough for a definition of quantum field or quantum mechanics.
Sure it is.

vibrations are not of the nature of God.
I never said they were.
I said, "The fluctuations in the quantum field are the vibrations created when God spoke the universe into existence."

In the beginning God created the universe, specifically the quantum field.
The very next thing God was create photons, vibrations in that quantum field.
After that, God created the rest of energy and matter that are how we perceive the universe.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Why would you do such a thing, seeing that he didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies?

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things. Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know My hand and My might; and they shall know that My name is Y-H-W-H.”
Jer 16:19-21

Shalom.

There are prophecies that Yeshua fulfilled, and they are Messianic.

Shalom.

Jacob