Survey for Judaism Followers

chair

So the jews are just rebels ? They each do their own thing ? So does everybody else pal.

Pay attention, at least once:

Judaism is not a religion based on what you believe. It is a religion based on what you do. Jews do not ask each other "are you a believer". They ask "are you Sabbath observant".

Judaism is not a universal religion. It is the religion of a nation of people called the Jews.

The Hebrew Bible is our book. We will understand it our way. If you insist on interpreting it in your way, and calling it a "literal interpretation"- that is your lookout. And no- your interpretation is not literal. Not if you think Satan was in the Garden of Eden.

Ben Masada

So, as I have stated numerous times, Jews do not not believe in the Bible, ans Judiasm is not a Biblical religion.

Your answers are common among Jews I've heard from. They claim they believe the Bible, but off the bat they don't believe Genesis 1:1. The first sentence of the Bible, and they don't believe it. They claim to believe the OT, but 6 day creation? No. Adam and Eve? No. Noah? No. Job? No.

So what part exactly do you believe??

HaShem must have shared a double portion of His Divine attribute of Intellect with the Jews. We don't take every thing in the Bible literally. To do so would be to cause the Bible to collapse. The other way around would be Christianity; a religion of myths.

For instance, let's take Gen. 1:3 as you have mentioned above to exclude the Jewish religion from being a Biblical religion. "Let there be light and, there was light." If we go literal with that which is the case with Christians, how could we explain that the sun, responsible for light was set in the sky on the 4th day of Creation? The point is that if the Essenes were around, they would tell you that, the "Let there be light" was the very first prophecy about the origin of Israel aka the children of light as opposite to the children of darkness aka the Gentiles. Evidence of the fact is that Prophet Isaiah prophesied that Israel would be assigned as light unto the Gentiles. (Isaiah 42:6) And last but not least, Jesus himself declared in his Sermon of the Mount to a crowd of Jews, that the Jews were the light of the world. (Mat. 5:14) And back to the "Let there be light," the Creator of the universe separated the children of light from the children of darkness. (Gen. 3:4)

WizardofOz

Just curious, how are Jews the 'light of the world'? :idunno:

No offense is intended. I am sincerely looking for an explaination...

Ben Masada

Just curious, how are Jews the 'light of the world'? :idunno:

No offense is intended. I am sincerely looking for an explaination...

Are you sure you are looking for a sincere explanation? I am not going to tell you out of the top of my head but I'll do better. It has been a famous doctrine among the Essenes about the struggle between the children of light aka the Jews and the children of darkness aka the Gentiles. Let me go little by little until I get there. If you have never heard of that struggle among the Essenes versus the Gentiles, take a look at Isaiah 42:6. That's about Israel to have been assigned as light unto the Gentiles.

If you still do not understand how, read about the Sermon of the Mount by Jesus himself to a crowd of Jews when he declared for all to hear: You are the light of the world. (Mat. 5:14) Can you still say, you do not understand how the Jews are the light of the world? Try to ask Jesus how when you are praying. Last but not least, now, if you want something out of the realm of religion, you can read the essay of Mark Twain about the Jews. If you don't have access to a copy of that essay, let me know and I'll post here for your eyes only.

Daniel1769

HaShem must have shared a double portion of His Divine attribute of Intellect with the Jews. We don't take every thing in the Bible literally. To do so would be to cause the Bible to collapse. The other way around would be Christianity; a religion of myths.

For instance, let's take Gen. 1:3 as you have mentioned above to exclude the Jewish religion from being a Biblical religion. "Let there be light and, there was light." If we go literal with that which is the case with Christians, how could we explain that the sun, responsible for light was set in the sky on the 4th day of Creation? The point is that if the Essenes were around, they would tell you that, the "Let there be light" was the very first prophecy about the origin of Israel aka the children of light as opposite to the children of darkness aka the Gentiles. Evidence of the fact is that Prophet Isaiah prophesied that Israel would be assigned as light unto the Gentiles. (Isaiah 42:6) And last but not least, Jesus himself declared in his Sermon of the Mount to a crowd of Jews, that the Jews were the light of the world. (Mat. 5:14) And back to the "Let there be light," the Creator of the universe separated the children of light from the children of darkness. (Gen. 3:4)

So, as I said, the Jews do not believe in the OT. They believe it is all an allegory for how wonderful Jews are. You know as well as I do that the Talmud says that even God submits to the Rabbi's. I've done my fair share of reading about Judaism. It is a religion of self-worship in which the so-called "Jews" believe themselves to be the master race and the gentiles to be "goyim" or cattle.

You prove my point that Jews reject the Bible. That is the point I was making. You are free to believe what you will. My point has been made an corroborated. Thank you.

iamaberean

Are you sure you are looking for a sincere explanation? I am not going to tell you out of the top of my head but I'll do better. It has been a famous doctrine among the Essenes about the struggle between the children of light aka the Jews and the children of darkness aka the Gentiles. Let me go little by little until I get there. If you have never heard of that struggle among the Essenes versus the Gentiles, take a look at Isaiah 42:6. That's about Israel to have been assigned as light unto the Gentiles.

If you still do not understand how, read about the Sermon of the Mount by Jesus himself to a crowd of Jews when he declared for all to hear: You are the light of the world. (Mat. 5:14) Can you still say, you do not understand how the Jews are the light of the world? Try to ask Jesus how when you are praying. Last but not least, now, if you want something out of the realm of religion, you can read the essay of Mark Twain about the Jews. If you don't have access to a copy of that essay, let me know and I'll post here for your eyes only.

Mat 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
Mat 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Jesus was speaking to his disciples, they are the Jews that took the message of Jesus to the world.
Unfortunately most Jews did not accept the light that they brought.

genuineoriginal

Survey for Judaism followers on TOL. answer "yes" or "no." If you have the boldness.

1. Did God create the world in six days?

2. Adam and Eve. Literal people who existed in history as the first people on earth?

3. Noah's flood. Did it literally happen in history as described in Genesis?

4. Job. A literal person who existed?

5. Satan. A literal entity that exists as described in the Bible?
Yes to all.

I do not consider myself a Jew, but I am a Judaism follower in this manner:

Acts 24:14-15
14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.​

genuineoriginal

Judaism is not a religion based on what you believe. It is a religion based on what you do. Jews do not ask each other "are you a believer". They ask "are you Sabbath observant".

Then it is true what was written in Isaiah

Isaiah 29:13
13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:​

genuineoriginal

let's take Gen. 1:3 as you have mentioned above to exclude the Jewish religion from being a Biblical religion. "Let there be light and, there was light." If we go literal with that which is the case with Christians, how could we explain that the sun, responsible for light was set in the sky on the 4th day of Creation?

If you look at it scientifically, God started with nothing.

The first day God created was photons, which have the unique property of being both a wave (energy) and a particle (matter) while not being either.

The creation of photons formed the building blocks for everything else, so they had to be created before the sun was created.

Ben Masada

So, as I said, the Jews do not believe in the OT. They believe it is all an allegory for how wonderful Jews are. You know as well as I do that the Talmud says that even God submits to the Rabbi's. I've done my fair share of reading about Judaism. It is a religion of self-worship in which the so-called "Jews" believe themselves to be the master race and the gentiles to be "goyim" or cattle.

You prove my point that Jews reject the Bible. That is the point I was making. You are free to believe what you will. My point has been made an corroborated. Thank you.

Well, what can I say? I am glad I could be of some help to you. Otherwise, you would not have thanked me.

Ben Masada

Mat 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: Mat 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Jesus was speaking to his disciples, they are the Jews that took the message of Jesus to the world. Unfortunately most Jews did not accept the light that they brought.

Look at you! If you asked me, I would say, you look funny. First, you mention Mat. 5:1 when Jesus seing the multitudes, he went into a mountain probably to deliver his sermon from the top and be better heard by all the multitude. Multitude of what, Christians? No, they did not exist yet. When they started it was about 20 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 11:26)

You missed the end of the sermon in Mat. 7:28 that says: When Jesus had ended his sayings, the PEOPLE, not the disciples were astonished at his doctrine. Now, the part that you became funny was when you said Jesus was speaking to his disciples and not to the crowd of Jews. Again, seeing the multitude of Jews, he went up into a mountain so that all could here him and he spoke into the ears of his disciples!

Iamaberean, if you are not playing the funny, Christian preconceived notions are playing that game out of you. Oh yes, because you guys never cease amazing me!

Unfortunately, you don't know much about being a real Jew as I don't reject the light we have been assigned to bring
into the world. We are as much of a Jew as Jesus was a Jew who never even dreamed that the Christianity of Paul would ever rise.

Ben Masada

If you look at it scientifically, God started with nothing.

Well my friend, HaShem did not need any thing else to cause the beginning of every thing. The Lord caused the universe to exist but... tell me something yourself. Do you think the universe caused itself to exist? I am sure the universe would not have caused itself to exist because it had to exist to do so and, if it already existed, it would not need any further to cause itself to exist. So, the Almighty caused the universe to exist without the help of any thing else. Still surprised?

The first day God created was photons, which have the unique property of being both a wave (energy) and a particle (matter) while not being either.

Photons are produced by electrons which are accidents of matter. Since matter is the composition of the universe, the Lord did not need to cause matter to exist apart from the universe.

The creation of photons formed the building blocks for everything else, so they had to be created before the sun was created.

They did not have to be created apart from the universe which is composed of matter. Yahweh caused the universe to exist; all else was in the composition of the universe.

genuineoriginal

Well my friend, HaShem did not need any thing else to cause the beginning of every thing. The Lord caused the universe to exist but... tell me something yourself. Do you think the universe caused itself to exist? I am sure the universe would not have caused itself to exist because it had to exist to do so and, if it already existed, it would not need any further to cause itself to exist. So, the Almighty caused the universe to exist without the help of any thing else. Still surprised?
I already stated that.
God started with nothing.

Photons are produced by electrons which are accidents of matter. Since matter is the composition of the universe, the Lord did not need to cause matter to exist apart from the universe.

They did not have to be created apart from the universe which is composed of matter. Yahweh caused the universe to exist; all else was in the composition of the universe.
Not quite.
The universe as we know it is comprised of fluctuation in the quantum field.
When God created the universe, He created the quantum field.
Photons were the first fluctuations created in the quantum field, and the fluctuation needed for photons were then used by God to create everything else.
After all, it is God's spoken word that created everything, and we well know that a spoken word only exists as vibrations in a medium.
In our case, it is vibrations in air.
With God, the spoken word that is used for creation is fluctuations in the quantum field, at least as far as our science has been able to identify at this time.

Last edited:

iamaberean

Look at you! If you asked me, I would say, you look funny. First, you mention Mat. 5:1 when Jesus seing the multitudes, he went into a mountain probably to deliver his sermon from the top and be better heard by all the multitude. Multitude of what, Christians? No, they did not exist yet. When they started it was about 20 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 11:26)

You missed the end of the sermon in Mat. 7:28 that says: When Jesus had ended his sayings, the PEOPLE, not the disciples were astonished at his doctrine. Now, the part that you became funny was when you said Jesus was speaking to his disciples and not to the crowd of Jews. Again, seeing the multitude of Jews, he went up into a mountain so that all could here him and he spoke into the ears of his disciples!

Iamaberean, if you are not playing the funny, Christian preconceived notions are playing that game out of you. Oh yes, because you guys never cease amazing me!

Unfortunately, you don't know much about being a real Jew as I don't reject the light we have been assigned to bring
into the world. We are as much of a Jew as Jesus was a Jew who never even dreamed that the Christianity of Paul would ever rise.

The disciples were there and they are the one who took the message to the world.

John the the Baptist, the last prophet, said that Jesus is the Light and he was sent to be the witness of that Light:

Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Because the Jewish religious leaders of that time refused to accept Jesus as the Redeemer, judgment was about to come upon them. We know these things:

1. The Temple was destroyed, never to be built again at that location.

2. The Romans drove the majority of the Jews out of Israel and scattered them throughout the earth.

3. Jews lost their ability to maintain their own kind and became a part of Gentile nations. Jews of today are only religious Jews not true descendants of Abraham. Most of Europe has as much Jewish blood in them as any in Israel.

4. The generation that judgment came upon was the generation of Jesus.

5. Today you and I have the same ability to become the children of Abraham, those of faith.

6. Jesus did not come to destroy the old covenant, but to fulfill it.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Survey for Judaism followers on TOL. answer "yes" or "no." If you have the boldness.

2. Adam and Eve. Literal people who existed in history as the first people on earth?

yes to all.

Sorry I did not read the title. No, I don't follow Judaism.

Ben Masada

I already stated that. God started with nothing.

That's obvious! The Lord does not need any thing else to start something.

Not quite. The universe as we know it is comprised of fluctuation in the quantum field. When God created the universe, He created the quantum field. Photons were the first fluctuations created in the quantum field, and the fluctuation needed for photons were then used by God to create everything else.

Again, the Lord needs nothing else to create something. Photons are accidents of matter. The Lord does not need matter to cause matter to exist.

After all, it is God's spoken word that created everything, and we well know that a spoken word only exists as vibrations in a medium. In our case, it is vibrations in air.

The Word of HaShem is not mere vibrations; and air or lack of it is only an accident of matter.

With God, the spoken word that is used for creation is fluctuations in the quantum field, at least as far as our science has been able to identify at this time.

Science can't ever define what fluctuations in the quantum field are. If you don't believe me, try yourself to define quantum mechanics.

genuineoriginal

Again, the Lord needs nothing else to create something. Photons are accidents of matter.
God created light first with nothing else than His spoken command, which means light in the form of photons existed before the creation of matter.

The Lord does not need matter to cause matter to exist.
Your inability to understand the difference between what God needs to use to do something and what God chooses to use to do something is surprising.

Did God need to use the dust of the ground to make Adam or did God just choose to use it?

Genesis 2:7
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.​

The Word of HaShem is not mere vibrations; and air or lack of it is only an accident of matter.

Science can't ever define what fluctuations in the quantum field are. If you don't believe me, try yourself to define quantum mechanics.
The fluctuations in the quantum field are the vibrations created when God spoke the universe into existence.

OCTOBER23

--- REMODELLED IT.

--- YES, THEY WILL BE RESURRECTED SOON

--- YES, PROBABLY CAUSED BY A PASSING PLANET.

--- YES , A NICE JEWISH MENSH

--- YES , A GREAT RED DRAGON AS IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS.

Ben Masada

The disciples were there and they are the one who took the message to the world.

I did not say that the disciples were not up there, but the sermon of the Mount was delivered to a crowd of Jews; not to the disciples only. (Mat. 5:1; 7:28)

John the the Baptist, the last prophet, said that Jesus is the Light and he was sent to be the witness of that Light:

Not John the Babptist but the Hellenist who wrote the gospel of John.

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. John 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. John 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

John was part of that light assigned by the Lord to be light unto the Gentiles. (Isaiah 42:6) Endorsed by Jesus to be the light of the world. (Mat. 5:14)

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

The true light is Israel as Yahweh said, "Israel is my son." (Exodus 4:22,23)

Because the Jewish religious leaders of that time refused to accept Jesus as the Redeemer, judgment was about to come upon them. We know these things:

Jesus could not have been the redeemer of Israel as Yahweh Himself was the true Redeemer and Savior of Israel. (Isaiah 43:1,3)

The Temple was destroyed, never to be built again at that location.

Watch out! You might get disappointed when the Temple is rebuilt.

The Romans drove the majority of the Jews out of Israel and scattered them throughout the earth.

Of that one, you must be already disappointed that we are back alive and kicking.

Jews lost their ability to maintain their own kind and became a part of Gentile nations. Jews of today are only religious Jews not true descendants of Abraham. Most of Europe has as much Jewish blood in them as any in Israel.

That's where you err for denying reality. We are back and we have not lost our identity. Sorry! I know you don't like that but, what can I do?

The generation that judgment came upon was the generation of Jesus.

I don't think so. unless you have in mind the right person aka Paul.

Today you and I have the same ability to become the children of Abraham, those of faith.

I don't think so because, faith without the Law is as good as a body without the breath of life, aka dead. (James 2:26)

Jesus did not come to destroy the old covenant, but to fulfill it. Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

To fulfill here is the same as to confirm because as long as heaven and earth have not passed away, not a sing law will ever pass away.

Ben Masada

1 - Did God create the world in six days?

3 - YES, THEY WILL BE RESURRECTED SOON

4 - Noah's flood. Did it literally happen in history as described in Genesis? YES, PROBABLY CAUSED BY A PASSING PLANET.

5 - Job. A literal person who existed? YES , A NICE JEWISH MENSH.

6 - Satan. A literal entity that exists as described in the Bible. YES , A GREAT RED DRAGON AS IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS.

1 - No, HaShem caused the world to exist in a moment of no time when it pleased Him.

2 - Yes, some one had to be the first but, Adam because he was created from the adamah aka the dust of the earth. (Gen. 2:7)

3 - According to whom, Paul? If you read II Tim. 2:8, it was Paul who claimed to have made up the bodily resurrection of Jesus.

4 - Yes, it did happen in History but could have been local because the report was made according to the perception of the time. As they did not see land for 150 days, it was taken as world wide. Probably if that was the method chosen by the Primal Cause.

5 - No, Job was not a literal person but an allegory to illustrate the role of Israel aka Job qua Immanuel aka God in the world.

6 - No, Satan is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man.