Sure there are no sharks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Wow. "Wings" is a great forum name. I can't believe it wasn't taken. You're lucky!

Welcome to TOL! :wave2:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There are more interesting and worthwhile people here than I could do justice to this early in your day and they come from nearly every ideological point on the compass. A quick list of a few then, leaving off favorites of mine at ever turn by necessity.

Chickenman is your best bet for a clear and intelligent overview of the MAD doctrine (you’ll get to it) with STP occasionally adding insight or injury. :D AMR is the Calvinist exemplar among us. Other writers on spiritual matters from various perspectives worth looking into are Son of Jack and Lon, Freelight, Seydlitz and a list that would go on for a bit here, but these are good starting points. Anna:banana: (well, mostly), Evoken, Chrysostom are a few Catholics to rub elbows with. Fool is the funniest heathen we have. Rexlunae is another of the faith impaired worth having a conversation with, as are MoMo (also not the actual name, but you’ll see it anyway), the Radishy one, the impeccable Granite and the lately missing but ever mighty_duck...MaryContrary is an irascible righty I get a kick out of.

Psalmist is our ambassador of good will and TOL’s most solid citizen. Definitely get to know him.

Ktoyou is our grand dame. :D

To the left of me (I’m the moderate wild card around here) you’ll find Plastic Buddha (and I recommend it) and the funniest pound for pound player on TOL, zoo, both among the faithful. To the right on that count check in with Assuranceagent and TomO, among a number of thoughtfully funny conservatives putting the lie to the old humorless clingers to tradition nonsense often hurled at people of their political disposition from the far left.

And that’s just scratching the surface…time and space didn’t permit me from noting Nichols Mom, FellowServant, Arthur’s Brain, Poly, Jackson, Prisca, Stripe, Rusha, bybee (Southerners naturally love her), johana…and I’m literally leaving out off at least a dozen people absolutely worth your time just off the top of my head.

But this should give you an idea that you’ve made a wise choice.

The head of the household (goes by Knight, but prefers “Mr. Knight” from you green kids) is worth getting to know, though the demands on his time will preclude more than a casual contact, especially early on when you're an unknown quantity. Oh, and BabyChristian is a newbie around here who you can’t miss if you read the Chabox and whom I’d never hear the end of if I didn’t set her down here. :chuckle:

Enjoy.

This is where I normally take the first part of the pound of flesh TOL requires, but I’m feeling unseasonably restrained at present. So welcome. :e4e:

And, whatever you do, avoid feeding the kmonkey. :chew:

Last edited:

bybee

Quite lovely!

Quite lovely!

There are more interesting and worthwhile people here than I could do justice to this early in your day and they come from nearly every ideological point on the compass. A quick list of a few then, leaving off favorites of mine at ever turn by necessity.

Chickenman is your best bet for a clear and intelligent overview of the MAD doctrine (you’ll get to it) with STP occasionally adding insight or injury. :D AMR is the Calvinist exemplar among us. Other writers on spiritual matters from various perspectives worth looking into are Son of Jack and Lon, Freelight, Seydlitz and a list that would go on for a bit here, but these are good starting points. Anna:banana: (well, mostly), Evoken, Chrysostom are a few Catholics to rub elbows with. Fool is the funniest heathen we have. Rexlunae is another of the faith impaired worth having a conversation with, as are MoMo (also not the actual name, but you’ll see it anyway), the Radishy one, the impeccable Granite and the lately missing but ever mighty_duck...MaryContrary is an irascible righty I get a kick out of.

Psalmist is our ambassador of good will and TOL’s most solid citizen. Definitely get to know him.

To the left of me (I’m the moderate wild card around here) you’ll find Plastic Buddha (and I recommend it) and the funniest pound for pound player on TOL, zoo, both among the faithful. To the right on that count check in with Assuranceagent and TomO, among a number of thoughtfully funny conservatives putting the lie to the old humorless clingers to tradition nonsense often hurled at people of their political disposition from the far left.

And that’s just scratching the surface…time and space didn’t permit me from noting Nichols Mom, FellowServant, Arthur’s Brain, Poly, Jackson, Prisca, Stripe, Rusha, bybee (Southerners naturally love her), johana…and I’m literally leaving out off at least a dozen people absolutely worth your time just off the top of my head.

The head of the household (goes by Knight, but prefers “Mr. Knight” from you green kids) is worth getting to know, though the demands on his time will preclude more than a casual contact, especially early on when you're an unknown quantity. Oh, and BabyChristian is a newbie around here who you can’t miss if you read the Chabox and whom I’d never hear the end of if I didn’t set her down here. :chuckle:

Enjoy.

This is where I normally take the first part of the pound of flesh TOL requires, but I’m feeling unseasonably restrained at present. So welcome. :e4e:

Our raconteur par excellence! We love this man! peace, bybee

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Welcome to the forum! The best place to hang out in the TOL "pool" is in the deep end here.

Don't be fooled by the warm water you might feel near Town Heretic. :noid:

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Does anyone speak without metaphors in this thread? I feel like I am reading the the diary of Michael Phelps as a baby.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Hi Chrysostom,

You just caught me, I was just going to visit the 'active threads'.

I believe 'that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and believing have life through His Name', as John says in John 20:31. That is the first vital point.

I believe in the all-sufficiency of the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ, that it is a finished work. That we are 'complete in Him', 'presented Holy and without blame' before the Father, as a result of the Work of the Son and the Witness of the Holy Spirit according to the Will of the Father.

I believe that we are His workmanship, that we are saved by grace alone, but that we are saved 'unto' good works that He has foreordained that we should walk in. That we are not our own but were bought with a price and therefore should walk accordingly.

In answer to your second question, I came here by invitation from a friend who takes part here, unfortunately I don't know his user name, but am hoping that he recognises mine.

Thank you for your welcome Chrysostom,
(what does your name mean by the way?)

Wings

so you came here to let us know that there in nothing more you have to do?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

Enjoy.

if you work real hard, someday you may be included in one of his posts

Wings

Chickenman, Stripe, Mary Contrary, Town Heretic, Rusha, Calypso and Chatmaggot. Knight and Assuranceagent

Hi there,

Thank you all for your welcome!

Thanks to Town Heretic for the characteristic's of those who inhabit the forums, I dread to think what you are going to make of me!

Hi Stripe - about the name 'Wings', sorry I'm not a test pilot or anything colourful like that, to add to Town Heretics list of interesting characterisations, just my mind acknowledging the fact that I like to take flight all too often! :mario:

It's a relief to come into somewhere cheerful and bright, with humour and goodwill. Why are you laughing? Have I raised the standard too high? Don't tell me you fall short!

* Chrystostom is already 'going for the throat' with his question,(quote)

'so you came here to let us know that there in nothing more you have to do? '

* My answer to that is:

'That's just about it Chryststom, really, for the work of Christ is a finished work, all is done.
We are just called upon to walk worthy of the calling that we have received, and rejoice in ALL things'

( yes, I know I'm being a bit simplistic, but there will be time to say more at another time I hope - Yes?)
... Somehow I don't think that this dialogue is finished
! :wave:

See you soon I hope.

Wings

Wings

Hi Calypso,

Yes, I was not serious when I said that Chrystostom was 'going for the throat'. I appreciate his straightforwardness, and will look forward to hearing more.

Can you tell me what 'mad' is please?
Wings

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi Calypso,

Yes, I was not serious when I said that Chrystostom was 'going for the throat'. I appreciate his straightforwardness, and will look forward to hearing more.

Can you tell me what 'mad' is please?
Wings

Mid Acts...let me just link you to a thread you might find interesting that would do a far better job of answering that than I could. Here it is. There are other threads on the topic too. :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.