Sure there are no sharks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, I feel like I'm standing in the changing room at the swimming pool, not really happy about giving up my towel to take the plunge.

Well, see you in there, will probably not make a big splash, will probably just test the water first by dipping my toes in the shallow end.

If you see me in the corner with my water wings inflated you may feel like taking pity on me and prizing my hand off the side rail, it takes two arms to really get anywhere!

Thanks
Wings

bybee

Be BOLD!

Be BOLD!

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, I feel like I'm standing in the changing room at the swimming pool, not really happy about giving up my towel to take the plunge.

Well, see you in there, will probably not make a big splash, will probably just test the water first by dipping my toes in the shallow end.

If you see me in the corner with my water wings inflated you may feel like taking pity on me and prizing my hand off the side rail, it takes two arms to really get anywhere!

Thanks
Wings

There are sharks aplenty here! But, there are wonderful, knowledgeable, thoughtful, kindly people as well. Welcome! bybee:wave:

Wings

Thank you Bybee,

Where do I go from here? My goggles are misted up? Where do I find these people?

Wings

Wings

Hi (again)

Do you have a map (preferably waterproof)? I can't find the new posts! Did someone get rid of the signpost? :think: I'm treading water here.

Wings

assuranceagent

Hi (again)

Do you have a map (preferably waterproof)? I can't find the new posts! Did someone get rid of the signpost? :think:

Wings

Look up top.

There are a series of links across the top of the page. One is the active threads link, the other is the new posts link. New posts is four from the right.

Wings

Hi there AA,

I must come unto your 'below average person' catagory, because although I can find 'active threads' which is a good start, I cannot find 'new posts'.

One of those 'You Are Here' maps placed behind glass in the car parks for tourists would be of great service at the moment.

I shall now step out of the comfort zone of the Newbie Central area and into the active threads section, although the way this is going I shall probably be like a kitten in a wool shop.

All tangled up.
Thank you for putting-up with me.
Wings

assuranceagent

Hi there AA,

I must come unto your 'below average person' catagory, because although I can find 'active threads' which is a good start, I cannot find 'new posts'.

One of those 'You Are Here' maps placed behind glass in the car parks for tourists would be of great service at the moment.

I shall now step out of the comfort zone of the Newbie Central area and into the active threads section, although the way this is going I shall probably be like a kitten in a wool shop.

All tangled up.
Thank you for putting-up with me.
Wings

:think: hmmm...if you found the active threads link, the new posts link should be visible unles...

...maybe it's a subscriber thing now? :idunno:

anyway, active threads should get you the same thing if you start from the top and work your way down. :thumb:

It's no problem, though. We're always glad to have fresh mea....I mean newbies around, and the least we can do is offer you a hand while holding a knife in the oth...I mean welcome you to the forum with a helping hand :noid:

;)

Wings

welcome to TOL

what do you believe?

why did you come here?

Hi Chrysostom,

You just caught me, I was just going to visit the 'active threads'.

I believe 'that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and believing have life through His Name', as John says in John 20:31. That is the first vital point.

I believe in the all-sufficiency of the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ, that it is a finished work. That we are 'complete in Him', 'presented Holy and without blame' before the Father, as a result of the Work of the Son and the Witness of the Holy Spirit according to the Will of the Father.

I believe that we are His workmanship, that we are saved by grace alone, but that we are saved 'unto' good works that He has foreordained that we should walk in. That we are not our own but were bought with a price and therefore should walk accordingly.

In answer to your second question, I came here by invitation from a friend who takes part here, unfortunately I don't know his user name, but am hoping that he recognises mine.

Thank you for your welcome Chrysostom,
(what does your name mean by the way?)

Wings

Wings

:think: hmmm...if you found the active threads link, the new posts link should be visible unles...

...maybe it's a subscriber thing now? :idunno:

anyway, active threads should get you the same thing if you start from the top and work your way down. :thumb:

It's no problem, though. We're always glad to have fresh mea....I mean newbies around, and the least we can do is offer you a hand while holding a knife in the oth...I mean welcome you to the forum with a helping hand :noid:

;)

What is that saying 'walk softly and carry a big stick?' :wave2: I look forward to meeting you on the forum - but only if the light is on!

Thank you for your welcome AA.

Wings

bybee

Look around

Look around

Thank you Bybee,

Where do I go from here? My goggles are misted up? Where do I find these people?

Wings

You find them by posting on any and all threads which are of interest to you. Also, if you click on an avatar you will find further sources of information. I've had no end of fun finding my way around these pages. Of course, I have my favorites here. But, I'll let you find your own. peace, bybee

Wings

Welcome to TOL. I think you'll find that many sharks actually have no teeth. :thumb:

Thanks Aimiel,

'Better are the wounds of a friend than the kisses of an enemy' (Prov. 27:6 - NIV 'I think')

See you in the deep-end.

Wings

bybee

Church history

Church history

Hi Chrysostom,

You just caught me, I was just going to visit the 'active threads'.

I believe 'that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and believing have life through His Name', as John says in John 20:31. That is the first vital point.

I believe in the all-sufficiency of the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ, that it is a finished work. That we are 'complete in Him', 'presented Holy and without blame' before the Father, as a result of the Work of the Son and the Witness of the Holy Spirit according to the Will of the Father.

I believe that we are His workmanship, that we are saved by grace alone, but that we are saved 'unto' good works that He has foreordained that we should walk in. That we are not our own but were bought with a price and therefore should walk accordingly.

In answer to your second question, I came here by invitation from a friend who takes part here, unfortunately I don't know his user name, but am hoping that he recognises mine.

Thank you for your welcome Chrysostom,
(what does your name mean by the way?)

Wings

St. Chrysostom has an interesting story to tell. As an Episcopalian I am quite familiar with "the lives of the Saints". It has been edifying to me to learn how other christians have lived in the "Imitation of Christ". peace, bybee

Wings

You find them by posting on any and all threads which are of interest to you. Also, if you click on an avatar you will find further sources of information. I've had no end of fun finding my way around these pages. Of course, I have my favorites here. But, I'll let you find your own. peace, bybee

Thank you Bybee,

The clock is calling 'time', have to get out of the pool now, and submit my locker key before leaving for a while. :wave2:

Until later,
Love to each and every one in Christ Jesus,
Our risen and glorified, Saviour, Lord and Head.

Wings

PS: (quote: Bybee) -'St. Chrysostom has an interesting story to tell. As an Episcopalian I am quite familiar with "the lives of the Saints". It has been edifying to me to learn how other christians have lived in the "Imitation of Christ". peace, bybee'

I look forward to hearing the story soon.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL, wings! :wave2:
Hope you enjoy your stay.

:chicken:-man, a.k.a. Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.