Suggestions for the TOL Topic of the Day

The Graphite

I like it. And when were they created? Since some think it wasn't the six day creation week.

Very understandably, angelology has gotten a bad rap and is (also understandably) avoided almost like the plague in conservative teaching circles. But, frankly, there are hundreds upon hundreds of passages about angels in the Bible, and more per the amount of text in the NT than there are in the OT, inferring that this is a relevant topic for the current church age. Paul, himself, writes a great deal about them in his epistles, so no dispensationalist should have any excuse for ignoring the topic.

But, it is an exceedingly difficult topic to discuss openly in Christianity because of the widespread immature attitudes toward angels; people think they are "cool" with neat-o "powers" and flaming swords and wings and the ability to move at the speed of light, yadda yadda yadda. Immature Christians envy angels and want to have their powers, or at least to have access to their power and knowledge. (As usual, people being more impressed by power and pure knowledge than by love and relationship, when the latter two are clearly far more important to God that the former two.)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But, it is an exceedingly difficult topic to discuss openly in Christianity because of the widespread immature attitudes toward angels; people think they are "cool" with neat-o "powers" and flaming swords and wings and the ability to move at the speed of light, yadda yadda yadda. Immature Christians envy angels and want to have their powers, or at least to have access to their power and knowledge. (As usual, people being more impressed by power and pure knowledge than by love and relationship, when the latter two are clearly far more important to God that the former two.)

Maybe godrulz doesn't want to be a Pentecostal, but wants to be an angel.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have we covered firearm ownership and the 2nd amendment? 2nd amendment didn't come up in our search engine for topic of the day. There are quite a few angles here I think. And many tricks that work and don't work to bypass the right to keep and bear arms.

http://politics.usnews.com/news/was...ulate-lead-in-bullets-after-nra-protests.html

Like making lead bullets illegal for enviormental reasons. There are two sides to this story, and it could be interesting.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
A classic TOL novel.

For example: It was a dark and stormy night. Alate_One had just finished polishing her beakers in the laboratory when she heard a knock at the door...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The opposite of what makes your blood boil. What makes you giddy. And for Christians, besides your eternal security.

patricius79

I was asked by another poster to offer this topic

We know that God is immaterial--(except in virtue of the Incarnation). (Indeed the Sacramental Principle could be called "the Incarnational principle) So why did he create matter at all?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"As from whence the tradition of pictures of Jesus came I'm pretty sure it was the RCC. As to why they visualized him as they did is beyond me, except the antisemitism, maybe..."-Lighthouse

Yes. The Shroud of Turin.

Chicks dig long hair. And I dig chicks.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does serpent dove need to increase the amount of threads started about Obama daily? :think:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It would be interesting to know how Christians remember and define their childhoods.

Would the majority of Christians claim to have had happy and blessed childhoods, or not?

Would the majority of Christians claim to be the product of spiritual parents, or is the reverse the norm?

Nang

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Your brief testimony...

Thoughts on tattoos but quoting Leviticus 19 gets auto banhammer...

Being unequally yoked... how to deal once you've done it...

A praise thread, just general thoughts, songs, ways you praise...

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Does serpent dove need to increase the amount of threads started about Obama daily? :think:
A few housekeeping items:

I'd rather discuss canola oil. :jump: Knight put a stop to that (1 Cor. 15:24–28). :banned:

...FYI, if you'd ever like to know why God placed us in an expanding universe :think: just write me a note :eek: (Ps 104:1-2, Is. 42:5, Is. 44:24, Is 45:12).

Last edited: