ECT Studying how the NT uses the OT

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Nope

Christ Jesus fulfilled the Law and Prophets.

There is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile.

Zionism is contrary to the New Covenant.

For us Jew/Gentile church He has fulfilled the law. God's ultimate sanction against the Jews was to remove them from their homeland.

They are now back

heir

TOL Subscriber
Golly you do nit pick Jerry, and I often enjoy your drift.

Stewardship of the various covenants
No covenants for us!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Just the gospel!

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No covenants for us!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Just the gospel!

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

This IS the fundamental error of MAD you do not understand what the mystery is.

We were once far off but are now brought nigh.....nigh to what?

We were once aliens and strangers to the covenant of promise [apparently you still are a stranger] but are now made fellow citizens and co-heirs........ citizens of what? co-heirs to what?

Fellow citizens of the commonwealth of Israel, the Kingdom, co-heirs to the covenant promises made to Abraham. All without having to obey commands or observe ordinances but through faith in Christ.

All the rewards of obedience to the various covenants are OURS they belong to us, all the promises ...... without any of the penalties.

We are not cut off from Israel or Israel is not cut off from us as MAD supposes but we are graffed IN.

When you cut off Israel as the church has done since early times you cut yourselves off from all the promises as they pertain to our physical natural life.

Now we will not inhabit Israel in the next age but we will form the heavenly rule through the Jews who do inhabit Israel.

This IS the mystery which Paul understood.

Danoh

This IS the fundamental error of MAD you do not understand what the mystery is.

We were once far off but are now brought nigh.....nigh to what?

We were once aliens and strangers to the covenant of promise [apparently you still are a stranger] but are now made fellow citizens and co-heirs........ citizens of what? co-heirs to what?

Fellow citizens of the commonwealth of Israel, the Kingdom, co-heirs to the covenant promises made to Abraham. All without having to obey commands or observe ordinances but through faith in Christ.

All the rewards of obedience to the various covenants are OURS they belong to us, all the promises ...... without any of the penalties.

We are not cut off from Israel or Israel is not cut off from us as MAD supposes but we are graffed IN.

When you cut off Israel as the church has done since early times you cut yourselves off from all the promises as they pertain to our physical natural life.

Now we will not inhabit Israel in the next age but we will form the heavenly rule through the Jews who do inhabit Israel.

This IS the mystery which Paul understood.

No, that is the "mystery" you "understand."

Interplanner

I don't know if Danoh gets it either.

In Eph 3:6 it is that the nations who believe enjoy the same thing as was the culmination of Israel's history. This happens through the Gospel, not through the Law. That's why it takes on a different shape, and is not about physical life. It is about forgiveness, about the Spirit working through us, about the mission of the Gsopel. Paul has shed all the things that Judaism added on as baggage.

Just read Eph 2B-3A 10x.

Danoh

I don't know if Danoh gets it either.

In Eph 3:6 it is that the nations who believe enjoy the same thing as was the culmination of Israel's history. This happens through the Gospel, not through the Law. That's why it takes on a different shape, and is not about physical life. It is about forgiveness, about the Spirit working through us, about the mission of the Gsopel. Paul has shed all the things that Judaism added on as baggage.

Just read Eph 2B-3A 10x.

Lol, love you too, brother...

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, that is the "mystery" you "understand."

Quite so, I allus agree with Paul.

Pentecostals may not understand how it works according to 2nd Ephesians...we are an unashamedly simple people, but they do understand this, whatever promises are in the bible in any age gone by are for them today.

This why they believe in healing, miracles, God an ever present help in time of need....prosperity.

God's dispensations change, but God is the same in every dispensation.

Something many a wisebeard like yourself have yet to discover.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Mid Acts Dispensation

The doctrine that Paul received a different gospel from that which the Jewish church had received and which superceded the Jewish gospel of Peter, James and John.

Interplanner

Some people in Judaism in Paul's time did believe that and were corrected about it. the council of ch 15 corrected that, but then addressed how much of the law to follow to honor Christ.

It is not a dispensation because the D of grace had already come in Christ. It was just Judaism being Judaism. Gal 3:17. It has its own RT.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
A hotly contested issue on TOL which does in fact have an avowedly MADianite bias.

I am glad they believe in the Millennial reign and that Isreal has a glorious future.

Interplanner

We should be glorying in Christ, not in Israel. Why do you "need" things to happen in Israel? Are the accounts of Christ too mere, too small, too humble?

Danoh

Mid Acts Dispensation

The doctrine that Paul received a different gospel from that which the Jewish church had received and which superceded the Jewish gospel of Peter, James and John.

So says you; an Acts 2 Dispensationalist.

Pentecostalism, as with all other Acts isms, arose out of Acts 2 Dispensationalism at its extreme.

That's when the basic Dispensational Hermeneutic is not consistently applied.

One might say Pentecostalism, as with all other Acts 2 isms, is Hyper-Acts 2 Dispensationalism.

There is your label - Hyper Acts 2 Dispensationalist: Pentecostal.

But, let me add what my favorite Hyper Acts 2 Dispensationalist: Pentecostal Preacher used to say every so often throughout his hell-fire-brim stone preaching - "Smile; God loves you..."

I'm curious - what side of their fence do you subscribe to - to the eternal security of the Believer that some hold to, or to the once saved, ever unsure, that others of them hold?

You and yours hold a special place in my heart; but so does my KJV rightly divided in light of the Mystery - "smile; God loves you" :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We should be glorying in Christ, not in Israel. Why do you "need" things to happen in Israel? Are the accounts of Christ too mere, too small, too humble?

Christ is the King of Israel, Israel [in the next age] IS the Kingdom of Heaven. When Jesus said "repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is nigh" He was referring to that time spoken of by the prophets when the nations will flock to Jerusalem to learn the ways of the God of Jacob, beating their swords into plowshares.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So says you; an Acts 2 Dispensationalist.

Pentecostalism, as with all other Acts isms, arose out of Acts 2 Dispensationalism at its extreme.

That's when the basic Dispensational Hermeneutic is not consistently applied.

One might say Pentecostalism, as with all other Acts 2 isms, is Hyper-Acts 2 Dispensationalism.

There is your label - Hyper Acts 2 Dispensationalist: Pentecostal.

But, let me add what my favorite Hyper Acts 2 Dispensationalist: Pentecostal Preacher used to say every so often throughout his hell-fire-brim stone preaching - "Smile; God loves you..."

I'm curious - what side of their fence do you subscribe to - to the eternal security of the Believer that some hold to, or to the once saved, ever unsure, that others of them hold?

You and yours hold a special place in my heart; but so does my KJV rightly divided in light of the Mystery - "smile; God loves you" :)

You make me lol, you are just too late...God got to me first.

I go by what I received from God when I got saved, I got the full whack, and it accords with scripture.

You are too late to tell me doctrines. People that preach hell-fire do so because they are short on the GOOD news.....preaching condemnation is easy peasyism whoever does it, America overflows with hellfire preachers.

I believe the everlasting nature of everlasting life, and I'm glad that MADianites do also. :)

Danoh

You make me lol, you are just too late...God got to me first.

I go by what I received from God when I got saved, I got the full whack, and it accords with scripture.

You are too late to tell me doctrines. People that preach hell-fire do so because they are short on the GOOD news.....preaching condemnation is easy peasyism whoever does it, America overflows with hellfire preachers.

I believe the everlasting nature of everlasting life, and I'm glad that MADianites do also. :)

So, you believe as Mid-Acts does as to the eternal security of the Believer - what "some" refer to as "once saved, always saved"?

What passage or passages are you basing that on? I like to make sure that when I address someone as brother or sister, they are actually in God's family.

Its why I refer to Interplanner as brother, though we disagree on so much. His understanding of this issue is basically the same as my own.

Some are saved, but are confused due to the teaching they received after having trusted the Lord, others turn out both, still lost; as well as confused.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Eternal security is grounded upon Predestination and Election, I did not choose Christ, He chose me and I was chosen in Him before the world was founded.

Apart from the doctrine of salvation itself these doctrines are the most GLORIOUS doctrines in all the bible. No wonder the devil hates them and fights against them.

It is the foolish rejection of these doctrines by the church which opened the door to conditional and earned salvation.

God has loved ME with an everlasting love.