Study: Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

zoo22

Yes, for some people it is the case, just like some people choose to be homosexual.

I believe there are some people who do. I don't agree with most people who see it as a 100% cut & dry issue, though I do believe that for most homosexuals, it's cut & dry and that's the way they're wired from birth. But sure, if you want to parse through the fringes of the fringe instead of looking at the overarching conversation, I believe there are some homosexuals who make a choice, and even some people who fall somewhere in between a choice and being born that way.

But this thread is is about homophobes being driven by their own repressed homosexuality, not about what homosexuality is. I believe in the case of the homophobes who are actually homosexuals themselves, it's likely a biological homosexuality that's at the root of their obsessive anti-homosexual crusades.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You're avoiding the question. You could still love your husband and be attracted to other women without intending to act on it. So could you choose to find other women attractive?

No im not, im being honest, how could i find anyone else of any sex to be attracted to, when i am married and love my husband?

I keep my mind and heart focused on the right thing.

Why do some people choose to be attracted to children and or animals and inanimate objects? Those are choices arent they?

Arthur Brain

No im not, im being honest, how could i find anyone else of any sex to be attracted to, when i am married and love my husband?

You could still love your husband and be physically attracted to another person couldn't you? It's not like anyone's saying you're immoral just for that in itself.

Why do some people choose to be attracted to children and or animals and inanimate objects? Those are choices arent they?

Who's to say they do? A bloke once tried to convince me that we're all inherently at least bisexual on a certain level and I dismissed it as garbage cos there's no way I could entertain the prospect of sexual intimacy with another bloke just on that alone. You seriously think people choose to fall in love with a paper cup or some such? C'mo A4T, you're not as whacked out as GO...

genuineoriginal

But pedophilia gaining legal support? Not. Going. To. Happen.

You'll get an honest Congress before that...well, no, you'll get an honest Congress right after you eradicate corporate power, but it won't matter because the world will already be on fire. :plain:

Wouldn't the lack of an honest Congress work towards pedophilia gaining legal support?

Considering the reports about Congressmen at the Bohemian Grove, it may not be very far off.

So you think some nutball groups are going to lead to a legal and societal acceptance of the rape of children?
No, I think that some perverted Congressmen and judges will lead to a legal acceptance, society be damned.

genuineoriginal

A bloke once tried to convince me that we're all inherently at least bisexual on a certain level and I dismissed it as garbage cos there's no way I could entertain the prospect of sexual intimacy with another bloke just on that alone.

Yes, we all have seen that your argument is that if you can't do it, nobody can.
I am sure it works well with things like winning a gold medal at the Olympics (another thing you can't do) and giving birth (another thing you can't do).
Just because you can't do it, nobody can win a gold medal or give birth.

:rolleyes:

Arthur Brain

Yes, we all have seen that your argument is that if you can't do it, nobody can.
I am sure it works well with things like winning a gold medal at the Olympics (another thing you can't do) and giving birth (another thing you can't do).

Ok then GO, are you heterosexual or if you're uncomfortable with 'modern' terminology - just attracted to the opposite sex? Did you choose that if so? If so when did that come about?

alwight

Yes, for some people it is the case, just like some people choose to be homosexual.
It does seem remarkably difficult to find anyone who claims that they personally chose their own sexual orientation or that they could choose again if they wanted to. I might even think that such people just don't exist.:think:

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
As for consent, consent is the cornerstone of all contract law.

and, as everyone knows, entering into a sexual relationship is a form of contract :doh:

But pedophilia gaining legal support? Not. Going. To. Happen.

other than channeling Granite, one of the dimmer posters here, your constant refrain of the above reminds me of traci (homosexuals are the new blacks!), the horn (making abortion legal will cause the numbers of abortions to go up!), purex (just about anything he posts) - all retards who can't see the obvious right in front of them

but hey, keep on deluding yourself for as long as you like :thumb:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

POTD! :first:

alas, i fear your point will sail right over his tardly little head

Quetzal

and, as everyone knows, entering into a sexual relationship is a form of contract :doh:
Sure, why not. It is a nonverbal agreement with mutual goals to be reached with the assistance of someone else. Sounds like a contract to me!

Quetzal

are you still here?
Aw, c'mon! That all ya got?
iEctQVx.gif

Maybe next time you can at least try to respond to the post. (Or don't, I could care less.)

genuineoriginal

It does seem remarkably difficult to find anyone who claims that they personally chose their own sexual orientation or that they could choose again if they wanted to. I might even think that such people just don't exist.:think:
Sexuality is fluid, though discussing it is made much more difficult by the constraints of the current language dealing with sexuality.

"Sexual orientation" is a phrase based on Essentialism that assumes that a person's sexual desires are fundamentally biological and cannot change. The "sexual orientation" of a person can be generally classified as a sexual preference for heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual sex.
"Sexual identity" has been added to explain differences between the sexual preference shown by a person's sexual behavior and that person's stated sexual preferences.

Another term, "sexual fluidity", has also been added to explain why some people change sexual orientation throughout their lives.
_____
Sexual fluidity

The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health states, "For some people, sexual orientation is continuous and fixed throughout their lives. For others, sexual orientation may be fluid and change over time." The American Psychiatric Association's "LGBT-Sexual Orientation" entry says that "some people believe that sexual orientation is innate and fixed; however, sexual orientation develops across a person's lifetime. Individuals maybe become aware at different points in their lives that they are heterosexual, gay, lesbian, or bisexual".
_____​

People have been conditioned into discussing sexual orientation as being fixed and unchangeable, so most of the people you meet who have made the choice will not think in terms they have made a choice about their sexual orientation. Instead most people that are aware a choice has been made will say something like the following:
  • "I thought I was heterosexual, but found out I am really bisexual."
  • "I am not bisexual, I am pansexual."
  • "Well, yes I just had sex with a woman, but it didn't 'cure' me. I am still a homosexual."
  • "I am not a fag because I let a guy give me a blowjob. I like women, not guys."

If you have heard anyone say something like those statements, then you have met people that have changed their sexual preference (the so-called "sexual orientation"), even if it was only for a single encounter.