Study: Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

lovemeorhateme

You changed the topic entirely. You went from "I can't explain why people are born gay."

to...

"You cannot possibly quantify and universalise the assertion that 'homophobes are gay'."

Textbook definition of a bait n'switch and/or moving the goal posts. If you can't at least try to remain consistent, move along and take your bigoted nonsense with you.

It seemed you were talking about the study this thread is about. If you weren't, then that was my mistake. That being said, it doesn't take away from the problems I said I have with this particular study.

If we're talking about studies which people prove are born gay, there aren't any. I challenge you to post here any studies which prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that homosexuality is an inborn, immutable characteristic of who a person is. You can't as there are none. Remember, I had a personal stake in this and desperately wanted there to be some. You're not talking to someone who has always identified as straight.

Quetzal

It seemed you were talking about the study this thread is about. If you weren't, then that was my mistake. That being said, it doesn't take away from the problems I said I have with this particular study.

If we're talking about studies which people prove are born gay, there aren't any. I challenge you to post here any studies which prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that homosexuality is an inborn, immutable characteristic of who a person is. You can't as there are none. Remember, I had a personal stake in this and desperately wanted there to be some. You're not talking to someone who has always identified as straight.
Oh good, for a second there I thought I might actually have to produce something for someone who wouldn't mind intelligent debate. Thanks for saving me the time.

Arthur Brain

Are there any verifiable and critically lauded studies that state that people can't be born homosexual? It doesn't sound to me as though you chose any latent homosexual attractions else why be so desperate to find studies that proved that you didn't? If you didn't actually make a volitional decision in the process of being attracted to men then that's all the proof right there isn't it?

Arthur Brain

I am not a fan of heights. I have been toying with the idea of starting a political platform to ban roller coasters.

Spoiler
o-ROLLER-COASTER-facebook.jpg

genuineoriginal

Nah. If you hate gay people for who they are, that is one thing. To say you hate them because the Bible says so is quite another. Both are insanely insensitive and stupid, but I could at least respect someone a bit more who has the courage to say its personal rather than theological.
People that believe the Bible do not hate you or other people that identify with homosexuals.

People that believe the Bible hate the fact that the homosexuals are going to be destroyed in hell because of being unrepentant for their sin and want them to repent and be saved.

People that believe the Bible hate the fact that people are being taught that homosexual sex is not a sin, which prevents those that believe that lie from repenting and being saved.

You call it theological hate, but it is the opposite of hate.

Quetzal

People that believe the Bible do not hate you or other people that identify with homosexuals.

People that believe the Bible hate the fact that the homosexuals are going to be destroyed in hell because of being unrepentant for their sin and want them to repent and be saved.

People that believe the Bible hate the fact that people are being taught that homosexual sex is not a sin, which prevents those that believe that lie from repenting and being saved.

You call it theological hate, but it is the opposite of hate.
If you could provide evidence for any of that outside of the Bible, that would be great.

genuineoriginal

the word "Sodomite" is not in the Bible.
Where do you think the word comes from?
_____
sodomite
n.
late 14c., from Old French Sodomite "inhabitant of Sodom; sodomite," also a general term of abuse, or directly from Late Latin Sodomita, from Greek Sodomites "inhabitant of Sodom" (see Sodom, also cf. sodomy ). Related: Sodomitical. Old English had adjective sodomitisc. The King James Bible (1611) has fem. form sodomitesse in a marginal note to "whore" in Deut. xxiii:17.
_____​

genuineoriginal

You simply aren't paying attention. Let's skip the nonsense, shall we?

Me: Here is a study!
You: That study is bogus, biased, and is for dummies.
Me: Here is another!
You: Liberal lies!

Then I decide I would be better off spending my time getting a root canal. Meanwhile, you throw a parade with confetti in celebration. The end.

You are attempting to pit a theory (study) against a man with
experience?

quote-a-little-experience-often-upsets-a-lot-of-theory-s-parkes-cadman-58-58-07.jpg

Arthur Brain

Just because you decided that you "can't" choose to be gay does not mean that people who have chosen to be gay are unable to do so.

I didn't decide anything at all including not being able to decide to decide to be straight.

I had no say whatsoever in being heterosexual and I still don't. If you think people can just 'choose' to be attracted to whatever then you are just plain nuts.

genuineoriginal

Well sure, that makes your lazy argument that much easier to defend!

His argument is that because he can't conceive of himself doing something then that means that nobody can do it.

A person afraid of heights is unable to choose to jump out of an airplane.
But, many people choose to jump out of airplanes every day.

If his fear of being homosexual is so great (true homophobia) that he is unable to choose to be homosexual, that is one thing.
Claiming that nobody else can do what his fear prevents him from doing is something else entirely.

I didn't decide anything at all including not being able to decide to decide to be straight.

I had no say whatsoever in being heterosexual and I still don't. If you think people can just 'choose' to be attracted to whatever then you are just plain nuts.

And yet every day there are people without a fear of being homosexual that choose to try it.

Quetzal

His argument is that because he can't conceive of himself doing something then that means that nobody can do it.

A person afraid of heights is unable to choose to jump out of an airplane.
But, many people choose to jump out of airplanes every day.

If his fear of being homosexual is so great (true homophobia) that he is unable to choose to be homosexual, that is one thing.
Claiming that nobody else can do what his fear prevents him from doing is something else entirely.
It's not just him. Can you? Can I? Who can?