Stripping Is Lucrative (Public school alert)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by firechyld

Aren't we all? :)

Yeah. I know. We don't all agree, especially on the issue of dating. :) And, sometimes, I feel that using my experiences with James and Steve is playing dirty pool. But, I have to go with what I have. :)

firechyld

It's not playing dirty at all. You're using your experiences to try and convey a point. It's not your fault if people (sometimes me) take something from the story that isn't necessarily what you're trying to get across.

firechyld

I can't believe I didn't even notice this one until it was pointed out to me....

Lighthouse said:

Because a driver's license doesn't have someone else in it.

Lighthouse, I do believe that you're profoundly stupid. My decision not to obtain a driver's license until I can be reasonably sure my symptoms are not going to pop up again is precisely because it does have someone else in it. A lot of someones. Everyone else on or near the road, in fact.

Nuff sed. These parts of this thread are already little more than irritating.

Mr Jack

Sorry, but that dog don't hunt. Ever seen "When Harry Met Sally"? Sure, it's a flick, but it makes a valid point. Men and women can't just be friends. Because there will always be sexual tension on at least the part of one of them. That's the way we're built, Brandon.

That's rubbish; I've had many close female friends over the years without the "sex thing" getting in the way. It is quite possible to 'just be friends' with someone of the opposite sex.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Slightly facetious of me, Jack.:D

Although in all seriousness, I don't think one can ever completely get rid of sexual tension--it's just part of the human condition, despite the deepness of true friendship.

Mr Jack

Perhaps, but the notion that sexual tension prevents men and women from truely being friends with each other is as absurd as the notion that competition for mates prevents members of the same sex truely being friends with each other. It's just like everything else that gets in the way of friendships; ultimately what makes a great friendship worthwhile is that it transcends the obstacles.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr Jack

Perhaps, but the notion that sexual tension prevents men and women from truely being friends with each other is as absurd as the notion that competition for mates prevents members of the same sex truely being friends with each other. It's just like everything else that gets in the way of friendships; ultimately what makes a great friendship worthwhile is that it transcends the obstacles.

I can buy that.:thumb:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I used to get paid for stripping. But that was before I stepped into the shower, got dressed and went to work.

firechyld

I have lots of male friends, and queer female friends, with whom there is not a drop of sexual tension. However, I have a lot of other male friends and queer female friends with whom I have a quite strong mutual attraction. *shrug* Those friendships are quite feasible. It's just a case of acknowledging the attraction and establishing whether or not there's ever going to be anything there. The answer is usually no, so dealing with it enables a friendship to develop.

*shrug* Other people may deal with this differently.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr Jack

With the exception of two or three friends, I tend to have more friends of the opposite sex. I've always gotten along with men easier than women.

firechyld

With the exception of two or three friends, I tend to have more friends of the opposite sex. I've always gotten along with men easier than women.

I tend to have more male friends than female friends, too.