Stripping Is Lucrative (Public school alert)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
:BillyBob: :Slippery: :firechyld :wazzup:
:BillyBob: :blabla: :firechyld
:firechyld :blabla: :BillyBob:
:firechyld :cloud9:
:BillyBob: :car: :Australia:
:BillyBob: :firechyld :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:straight:
:cloud9:
:BillyBob: :wave2: :firechyld
:BillyBob: :car: :sam:
:firechyld :em: :(

firechyld

Didja see that? Billybob just blatantly asked me to have sex with him!!

Unless he means that other kind of date. The OK kind. We just... er... don't know what that is.

firechyld

Ha! That's so cool, BB!

And, yes, I'm sure you'd charm me and break my fragile little heart. You womaniser, you! :kiss:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by firechyld

Didja see that? Billybob just blatantly asked me to have sex with him!!

:noway: Easy there, Firechyld, I'm just making a joke.

Unless he means that other kind of date. The OK kind. We just... er... don't know what that is.

I'm still waiting for that defintion, too.

How did you like my smilie story? :eek:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Greywolf

Reading through the posts on this thread I've noticed that you've listed numerous criteria for what a date isn't, but what would make you consider it to be a date? You said that it would involve more than just hanging out. Can you provide a few examples of some of those things?
To constitute as a date it has to be agreed to be a date, and the intent to be romantic must be involved. My beef, for lack of a better term, is with people who assume that dating is the only way to get to know if you want to be with someone, when getting to know them can be done by merely hanging out, and it is whne you know them that you decide you want to be more, then you pursue that.

On another topic, I've noticed that you seem to be implying in your discussion with firechyld that her and her partner not getting married is a sign that they are not committed to their relationship in the long run. Is this an accurate assessment of your opinion?
It's the not wanting to get married that communicates that it is not a lifetime commitment. They don't want to make a lifetime commitment, because that isn't what they want.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

To constitute as a date it has to be agreed to be a date, and the intent to be romantic must be involved. My beef, for lack of a better term, is with people who assume that dating is the only way to get to know if you want to be with someone, when getting to know them can be done by merely hanging out, and it is whne you know them that you decide you want to be more, then you pursue that.

And, on this note, I agree with lighthouse. Nowadays, people think that the only way you can get to know someone is by "dating" them.

But, guys, if you're dating a young lady to get to know her, is your relationship starting off right if you never see her without her hair done up nice or her makeup on?

And, gals, if you're dating a young man to get to know him, is your relationship starting off right if you don't even know if you can talk to him about something that interests you both?

Mr. 5020

Originally posted by ebenz47037

And, on this note, I agree with lighthouse. Nowadays, people think that the only way you can get to know someone is by "dating" them.
Who thinks that? I would venture to say most people get to know eachother by "hanging out" before dating.

But, guys, if you're dating a young lady to get to know her, is your relationship starting off right if you never see her without her hair done up nice or her makeup on?
I'm dating a yound lady, and I've seen her without make-up and nice hair more than once.

And, gals, if you're dating a young man to get to know him, is your relationship starting off right if you don't even know if you can talk to him about something that interests you both?
Thus, the reason for the date, or "hanging out."

firechyld

Who thinks that? I would venture to say most people get to know eachother by "hanging out" before dating.

I have to say I agree. I don't think I know anyone who started their relationship with a date, without knowing anything about their partner.

I think this is too blurry an area to really define. One person's date is another's "hanging out". From what lighthouse has said, I'd label certain things "dates" that he wouldn't... and vice versa.

firechyld

It's the not wanting to get married that communicates that it is not a lifetime commitment. They don't want to make a lifetime commitment, because that isn't what they want.

That might be what it says to you, but not to us. And since we're the ones who matter here, it might be best to drop it.

Greywolf

To constitute as a date it has to be agreed to be a date, and the intent to be romantic must be involved.

There's the key, romantic intent. Thanks for clarifying.

My beef, for lack of a better term, is with people who assume that dating is the only way to get to know if you want to be with someone, when getting to know them can be done by merely hanging out, and it is whne you know them that you decide you want to be more, then you pursue that.

Agreed.

Do you think that two people can commit their lives to each other independent of marriage?

Personally I think that it's the other way around. I think that they've already made a lifetime commitment, and consequently, they don't see any need to hurry up and marry.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr. 5020

I'm dating a yound lady, and I've seen her without make-up and nice hair more than once.
Thus, the reason for the date, or "hanging out."

I didn't say that anyone here thinks that. At least, no one's said anything to me about that. :) I'm one of those weird people who believes that there are other reasons for marrying besides being "in love" with them. In fact, in some cases, I think it's better to get married because you have common goals and/or beliefs and a mutual respect for each other. The love will come in time. I know this from experience.

I kind of don't believe in "dating," as most people mean it. Family functions are all right. Some "group dates" are fine (if I know all the parties involved and their parents, I will allow my daughter to go on group dates). But, I don't think that it's necessary to have one-on-one dates.

I've been married twice. I went through both sides of this. I met my first husband while in tech school. We dated. I thought I knew him and that we shared similar beliefs. We were fine for the first few months of our marriage. Toward the end of our ten months of living together as husband and wife, I found out some things about him that I never knew. These things are why he's in prison right now, until :jessilu:'s 25 or older.

I met Steve through my mom. We didn't go on any dates. It might have more to do with our age than anything else. We both knew what we wanted from our relationship. We had celebrated our sixth anniversary a couple of months before he died. And, if he hadn't died, I could imagine us still being married now. We never argued about anything. Not many people believe that, but it's true. We got married because we respected each other and shared similar beliefs. I wanted a father for my daughter and he wanted a family of his own. I grew to love him. And, I miss him terribly. But, I know that I will see him again someday.

My point in telling you this is that Steve and I got to know each other by having family functions. We would meet at my mom's for dinner with her. If we ever went on a date, it was to take :jessilu: to a matinee and lunch when she was three years old. Steve never saw me with makeup and my hair done up until we got married, actually. He became a friend with my friends and I became a friend to his friends. He asked my mom for my hand in marriage. He introduced me to his parents at the pool at my mom's and his apartment complex.

firechyld

Personally I think that it's the other way around. I think that they've already made a lifetime commitment, and consequently, they don't see any need to hurry up and marry.

Thanks, puppy. :) That's what I've been trying to get at.

firechyld

Nori, I've "heard" you tell that story a number of times now, and I still think it's absolutely beautiful. Thank you, again, for sharing. :)

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by firechyld

Nori, I've "heard" you tell that story a number of times now, and I still think it's absolutely beautiful. Thank you, again, for sharing. :)

Thank you, firechyld. But, sometimes, I feel like I'm playing a broken record. I'm just trying to make a point. :)