St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It would be sweet to see the two bird clubs in the World Series.
:banana:

Reminds of an exchange between Chyrs and myself regarding birds in the Super Bowl: (the thread is closed, so I can't use the quote function:

Originally Posted by chrysostom:
I want to see the seahawks play the ravens
Orininally Posted by tetelestai:
There has never been a "Double-Bird" Super Bowl.

There almost was one in 2012 when the Ravens played the 49'ers. The 49'ers overcame a 17 point deficit to the Falcons. In 2010 the Steelers met the Cardinals in the SB, the Steelers beat the Ravens to get there.

The only way a "double-bird" World Series could happen is if the Cardinals play either the Orioles or Blue Jays. MLB has only three bird teams. The NFL has five birds:

Seahawks
Falcons
Cardinals
Ravens
Eagles

However, there has never been a "double-bird" Super Bowl or World Series.

BTW, the NBA has three (Pelicans, Hawks & Raptors), and the NHL has two (Penguins & Ducks). No "double-bird's" there either.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
the blue jays are hangin' tough still. i'd like to see them beat out the yankees and advance through playoffs. see there ? i just jinxed 'em -

The Berean

Reminds of an exchange between Chyrs and myself regarding birds in the Super Bowl: (the thread is closed, so I can't use the quote function:

The only way a "double-bird" World Series could happen is if the Cardinals play either the Orioles or Blue Jays. MLB has only three bird teams. The NFL has five birds:

Seahawks
Falcons
Cardinals
Ravens
Eagles

However, there has never been a "double-bird" Super Bowl or World Series.

BTW, the NBA has three (Pelicans, Hawks & Raptors), and the NHL has two (Penguins & Ducks). No "double-bird's" there either.
Just a side note. In 1944 the St. Louis Cardinals faced the St. Louis Browns in the World Series. Nine years later the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Orioles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeh the Cubbies are playing great ball.

The Cubs would be in first place if they played in the NL East, NL West, AL East, or AL West.

However, the NL Central is the best division in baseball, and the Cubs are in third place there.

StanJ

Jays 1.5 games out of first in the AL East, with 3 games against the Yankees this coming weekend. I smell a leader change.