Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God has promised the Savior since He proclaimed the good news to Eve in Genesis 3:15.

There is record of a Godly geneaology from Seth to Noah who all believe this Gospel, and then Job, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob received the same promises of a Redeemer. Of course, Moses proclaimed the Gospel even by giving the Law on stones . . and there is King David, from whose loins Jesus Christ issued.

This is not assertion. This is confirmed by Jesus Christ Himself, who said all the Holy Scriptures were about HIM. Luke 24:44-49

Just think for a minute . . Jesus preached dbr before Paul.

How can you call it "Paul's Gospel" when it is the same as Jesus' Gospel and the Gospel of Grace preached to all the O.T. saints alike?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul was made the Apostle to the Gentiles. He received the "Grace Gospel" from the ascended Lord Jesus Christ. That's the ONLY Gospel that is for today in this Dispensation of Grace. Both Jew and Gentile are saved by it/through it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hey, Nang, what was the "Mystery" that Paul was made privy to? It had not been known before it was revealed to the Apostle Paul. Google it, then, get back to me.

Well, the mystery was NOT the Gospel promises of a Savior!

The mystery was that Gentiles would be saved by Messiah, as well as Jews.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Paul was made the Apostle to the Gentiles. He received the "Grace Gospel" from the ascended Lord Jesus Christ. That's the ONLY Gospel that is for today in this Dispensation of Grace. Both Jew and Gentile are saved by it/through it.

Yes, but Gentiles were saved by the Gospel promises throughout history, the Jews just were not aware of that fact.

For you see, for thousands of years, since the garden, God has been saving a remnant of humanity by His grace . . long before there was a Jewish nation.

Dispensationalism is a great hindrance to learning the full scope of Holy Scripture and MAD makes it worse with many wrong teachings, such as you are spouting right now.

Right Divider

Body part
God has promised the Savior since He proclaimed the good news to Eve in Genesis 3:15.

There is record of a Godly geneaology from Seth to Noah who all believe this Gospel, and then Job, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob received the same promises of a Redeemer. Of course, Moses proclaimed the Gospel even by giving the Law on stones . . and there is King David, from whose loins Jesus Christ issued.

This is not assertion. This is confirmed by Jesus Christ Himself, who said all the Holy Scriptures were about HIM. Luke 24:44-49
Jesus did NOT say that all scripture was about Him in that passage.

Luke 24:44-49 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:44) And he said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and [in] the prophets, and [in] the psalms, concerning me. (24:45) Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, (24:46) And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: (24:47) And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. (24:48) And ye are witnesses of these things. (24:49) ¶ And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

He was talking about PROPHESY and not just the Bible in general.

Please show in detail. You are confusing and ignoring details. It's not just DBR.... It's what it MEANS. It's who and how it applies.

How can you call it "Paul's Gospel" when it is the same as Jesus' Gospel and the Gospel of Grace preached to all the O.T. saints alike?
Paul calls it MY gospel. Was he wrong?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jesus did NOT say that all scripture was about Him in that passage.

Luke 24:44-49 (AKJV/PCE)
(24:44) And he said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and [in] the prophets, and [in] the psalms, concerning me. (24:45) Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, (24:46) And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: (24:47) And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. (24:48) And ye are witnesses of these things. (24:49) ¶ And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

What is prophecy but the Word of God? What is the Gospel but the promise of a Savior given and assured by the Word of God? All the Word of God has to do with the promise of Messiah, come as Jesus the Christ, who testified clearly and plainly that all such promises and prophecies were "CONCERNING ME."

He was talking about PROPHESY and not just the Bible in general.

Thank you for sharing your opinion . . for that is all it is . . your opinion.

Please show in detail. You are confusing and ignoring details. It's not just DBR.... It's what it MEANS. It's who and how it applies.

It would take me six months to go through the entire bible and quote the Scriptures to you that Jesus referred to. You don't want details. You want to deny.

Paul calls it MY gospel. Was he wrong?

No. The Gospel was Paul's promise from God of everlasting life through faith in Jesus Christ. Same message received by all the sons of God.

You are suggesting that Paul received a different Gospel than the rest of mankind, and that is just plain unbiblical.

musterion

Ever notice how certain groups have a very real stake in reducing Paul to the 12th apostle, essentially no different from the others?

Ever wonder why that is?

Look very, very closely at what they say the saving Gospel is. I mean, fine tooth comb it. Keep a very close eye out for any one of a dozen necessary religious works, either up front or on the back end, but somewhere in the "process of salvation" that either help make you saved, keep you saved or prove you're saved.

That's why Paul must be neutralized, so we can get "back to the Gospels."

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ever notice how certain groups have a very real stake in reducing Paul to the 12th apostle, essentially no different from the others?

Ever wonder why that is?

Look very, very closely at what they say the saving Gospel is. I mean, fine tooth comb it. Keep a very close eye out for any one of a dozen necessary religious works, either up front or on the back end, but somewhere in the "process of salvation" that either help make you saved, keep you saved or prove you're saved.

That's why Paul must be neutralized, so we can get "back to the Gospels."

What a Drama Queen!

Silly stuff . . .:peach:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, but Gentiles were saved by the Gospel promises throughout history, the Jews just were not aware of that fact.

For you see, for thousands of years, since the garden, God has been saving a remnant of humanity by His grace . . long before there was a Jewish nation.

Dispensationalism is a great hindrance to learning the full scope of Holy Scripture and MAD makes it worse with many wrong teachings, such as you are spouting right now.

Of course, I totally disagree with you. Calvinism is a "cult-like belief system." It's main premise is, God chose a certain amount of "Elect" before the foundation of the world and placed all the rest under eternal damnation. Therefore, Nang, AMR and other Calvinists on TOL are the lucky ones. Why they are so special is unknown? The typical Calvinist would say: "God is sovereign and therefore, was in a position to choose me." Calvinists more times than not are very arrogant, well educated, mean-spirited, argumentative, angry and pretentious. At least the ones I've encountered have been. There are exceptions on TOL. However, I can only think of one. Lon is a very kind, respectful, civil and mannerly type of Calvinist. He is the exception and not the rule, believe me.

The Grace Gospel folks tend to be knowledgeable, intelligent, witty, discerning, civil, and have plenty of wisdom. Calvinism changes the character and intent of the God of the Bible in order for Him to fit their false doctrines and their false gospel. (Small g) Calvinists mentor was the late John "The Pope of Geneva" Calvin. He, according to history was a cruel, murdering, dictator who lived hundreds of years ago. He was an extremely wicked and evil man. Calvinists claim his teachings as truth. Calvin was responsible for the "execution murders" of over fifty people. No doubt, he was not a member of the Body of Christ nor a child of God. Why Calvinists follow such a wicked man is a mystery to me? Yet, Nang and AMR are followers of this Monster. Usually, you'll find Presbyterians and some Baptists that cling to the falsehood that is Calvinism. It's a dreadful counterfeit to the true God and Gospel of the Bible.

heir

TOL Subscriber

No one preached the why of the cross as the power of God before Paul.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Why do you want to make Paul a liar?

Right Divider

Body part
What is prophecy but the Word of God? What is the Gospel but the promise of a Savior given and assured by the Word of God? All the Word of God has to do with the promise of Messiah, come as Jesus the Christ, who testified clearly and plainly that all such promises and prophecies were "CONCERNING ME."
And thank you so much for your opinion.

Unfortunately for you, your are once again using fallacious reasoning. That seems to be your way.

So you think that every word in the Bible is prophesy? Get help dear.

Well.... some opinions are better than others and mine are certainly better than yours.

It would take me six months to go through the entire bible and quote the Scriptures to you that Jesus referred to. You don't want details. You want to deny.
No I don't. Was it 100%?

No. The Gospel was Paul's promise from God of everlasting life through faith in Jesus Christ. Same message received by all the sons of God.
There are many "good news'" in the Bible. It's too bad that so many of you have problems with simple details.

What was the gospel of the circumcision? Why are there SO many "the gospel OF ..." in the Bible? What is the gospel of the uncircumcision?

You are suggesting that Paul received a different Gospel than the rest of mankind, and that is just plain unbiblical.
I'm suggesting that you understand the Word of God. The gospel OF THE kingdom is not identical to the gospel OF THE grace of God.

Truster

Father forgive them. They know not what they do...

On the other hand these people will cause many little ones to stumble. They would be advised to hold a mill stone festival, on a ship, in mid atlantic. If they want to cause a splash then this would be both seemly and pertinent.

PS I am certainly not "reformed" in the sense in which appeared in the OP. Though I have been reformed in the spiritual sense. If you feel confused by this statement then you need to be reformed in the spiritual sense.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And thank you so much for your opinion.

Unfortunately for you, your are once again using fallacious reasoning. That seems to be your way.

So you think that every word in the Bible is prophesy? Get help dear.

Well.... some opinions are better than others and mine are certainly better than yours.

No I don't. Was it 100%?

There are many "good news'" in the Bible. It's too bad that so many of you have problems with simple details.

What was the gospel of the circumcision? Why are there SO many "the gospel OF ..." in the Bible? What is the gospel of the uncircumcision?

I'm suggesting that you understand the Word of God. The gospel OF THE kingdom is not identical to the gospel OF THE grace of God.

Needless to say, Nang, as usual, is wrong! Poor soul.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Law (Informative) and Gospel (Performative) since the dawn of creation.

God informed and performed, according to THE Law and THE Gospel. The Mosaic Law was a COVENANT as the informative for how God would perform the Abrahamic COVENANT of Faith.

Law and Gospel. Two oikonomiai: the Father's, and the Son's who hath inherited all that is the Father's. The latter was Paul's as it is ours... By being IN Christ. But that's literal, not figurative like the Dispos and others insist.

Hypostatic translation. Just like the divinity and humanity of Christ as hypostatic union. That's why ALL theology is Christology.

Status
Not open for further replies.