Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Even in this very thread Nang has demonstrated her belief that she is free to speak to or about anyone as slanderously and viciously as she likes. But when refuted or rebuked, she falls back on the "I'm old" or "I'm a woman" dodge as if either cancels out any vile thing she just said. It doesn't. SHE is the one who is seriously out of order here and I don't care if she's really an old woman, it needs said because it's a fact. Her behavior is a repetitive manipulative scam and I'm calling it what it is.

Shasta

God's plan to bring about Redemption was predetermined. The cross makes salvation possible for anyone and everyone who believes. The idea that man has no choice in this but is fated to choose or reject it is what I was saying is not historical. You would think if "Reformed Doctrine" had been taught by the Apostles then the generation they taught and subsequent ones would believe it but quite the opposite is true.

Ignatius of Antioch (35-107 AD) … Seeing, then, all things have an end, and there is set before us life upon our observance [of God's precepts], but death as the result of disobedience, and every one, according to the choice he makes, shall go to his own place, let us flee from death, and make choice of life. For I remark, that two different characters are found among men-the one true coin, the other spurious. The truly devout man is the right kind of coin, stamped by God Himself. The ungodly man, again, is false coin, unlawful, spurious, counterfeit, wrought not by God, but by the devil. I do not mean to say that there are two different human natures, but that there is one humanity, sometimes belonging to God, and sometimes to the devil. If anyone is truly religious, he is a man of God; but if he is irreligious, he is a man of the devil, made such, not by nature, but by his own choice (Letter to the Magnesians 5).
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/ignatius-magnesians-longer.html

Irenaeus of Lyons (120-202 AD) This expression, ‘How often would I have gathered thy children together, and thou wouldst not,’ set forth the ancient law of human liberty, because God made man a free (agent) from the beginning, possessing his own soul to obey the behests of God voluntarily, and not by compulsion of God. For there is no coercion with God, but a good will (toward us) is present with Him continually. And therefore does He give good counsel to all. And in man as well as in angels, He has placed the power of choice (for angels are rational beings), so that those who had yielded obedience might justly possess what is good, given indeed by God, but preserved by themselves… (Against Heresies Book IV, Chapter 37)

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103437.htm

Justin Martyr (110-165 AD) "We have learned from the prophets, and we hold it to be true, that punishments, chastisements, and rewards are rendered according to the merit of each man's actions. Otherwise, if all things happen by fate, then nothing is in our own power. For if it be predestined that one man be good and another man evil, then the first is not deserving of praise or the other to be blamed. Unless humans have the power of avoiding evil and choosing good by free choice, they are not accountable for their actions-whatever they may be.... For neither would a man be worthy of reward or praise if he did not of himself choose the good, but was merely created for that end. Likewise, if a man were evil, he would not deserve punishment, since he was not evil of himself, being unable to do anything else than what he was made for." (First Apology chap. 43)
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0126.htm

Clement of Alexandria (150–215 AD) "A man by himself working and toiling at freedom from sinful desires achieves nothing. But if he plainly shows himself to be very eager and earnest about this, he attains it by the addition of the power of God. God works together with willing souls. But if the person abandons his eagerness, the spirit from God is also restrained. To save the unwilling is the act of one using compulsion; but to save the willing, that of one showing grace." (Clement, Salvation of the Rich Man chap. 21)

Tertullian (160-225 AD)
I find, then, that man was by God constituted free, master of his own will and power; indicating the presence of God's image and likeness in him by nothing so well as by this constitution of his nature. For it was not by his face, and by the lineaments of his body, though they were so varied in his human nature, that he expressed his likeness to the form of God; but he showed his stamp in that essence which he derived from God Himself (that is, the spiritual, which answered to the form of God), and in the freedom and power of his will. This his state was confirmed even by the very law which God then imposed upon him. For a law would not be imposed upon one who had it not in his power to render that obedience which is due to law; nor again, would the penalty of death be threatened against sin, if a contempt of the law were impossible to man in the liberty of his will. So in the Creator's subsequent laws also you will find, when He sets before man good and evil, life and death…

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/03122.htm

Archelaus (250-300 AD) "All the creatures that God made, He made very good. And He gave to every individual the sense of free will, by which standard He also instituted the law of judgment.... And certainly whoever will, may keep the commandments. Whoever despises them and turns aside to what is contrary to them, shall yet without doubt have to face this law of judgment.... There can be no doubt that every individual, in using his own proper power of will, may shape his course in whatever direction he pleases." (Archelaus, Disputation With Manes sees. 32, 33)

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0616.htm

Methodius (260-315 AD) "Those [pagans] who decide that man does not have free will, but say that he is governed by the unavoidable necessities of fate, are guilty of impiety toward God Himself, making Him out to be the cause and author of human evils. " (Methodius The Banquet of the Ten Virgins discourse 8, chap. 16)

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/062308.htm

As you can see, freewill rather than pre-determinism was the original doctrine uniformly taught by the Early Church. Pre-determinism, in any form, was regarded as pagan. Still, in the 400s it was foisted upon the Church by force through Augustine who is considered by many to be the father of the Catholic Church. His ideas (which came from Gnosticism) were popularized much later by Calvin and Luther because of their strong affinity for Augustine. You claim to not be related to the RCC but the doctrinal kinship is much closer than you imagine

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Even in this very thread Nang has demonstrated her belief that she is free to speak to or about anyone as slanderously and viciously as she likes.

Quote specifically where I have slandered or posted viciously against anyone.

But when refuted or rebuked, she falls back on the "I'm old" or "I'm a woman" dodge as if either cancels out any vile thing she just said.

No I don't. Who has refuted any of my posts or rebuked my doctrines that I defend . . only because I am a woman (except you)?

My responses were/are about the double standard of leniency regarding some posters (like you) that insult without grounds and others (JW, GM, PJ,etc.) without any sensitivity towards the elderly (criticizing their looks).

[/B]SHE is the one who is seriously out of order here

HOW?

and I don't care if she's really an old woman, it needs said because it's a fact. Her behavior is a repetitive manipulative scam and I'm calling it what it is.

I think you are just angry with your poor old mother . . . and you are projecting it upon me. :nono:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree but am asking your forgiveness on the following.

Nang acts like no aged person of ANY belief persuasion that I have ever met in my nearly 50 years on this planet. None of them whine about their (purported) age as an excuse for losing fights that they started, as Nang does. They have too much self-respect and wisdom to even start such fights in the first place. But to then whine about it when they lose? To quote Nang..."bah."

On top of that, a few years back Nang even claimed she's picked on because she's a woman, after once again losing disputes that SHE chose to start with men.

Sorry, it's looks to me like an act, a scam.

But if an independent authority can somehow verify first-hand proof that Nang is indeed the elderly lady she says she is, I might believe it.

Until then, I don't buy it. She just does not act like a self-respecting, mature elderly lady, and with no proof that she is one, I won't believe it.
I have been on TOL since 2010. During that time Nang has often had pictures of herself in her profile. She is an older lady.

Derf

Supposedly, on principle, I will guess you would demand TOL not allow female posters at all? Is this the case? If so, I would agree with you that is the only way to prevent feminists taking advantage of this venue.
Maybe he would be ok with female posters if they wear a head covering while posting??

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I have been on TOL since 2010. During that time Nang has often had pictures of herself in her profile. She is an older lady.

My thanks to all those who have validated I am elderly to Musterion . . .:crackup:

Now that this fact has been established (hopefully forever), I desire to add to my ancient resume, the following history of my life:

My husband and I have always been church members and church leaders. After conversion to faith in Jesus Christ, we have sought out the fellowship of other Christians in worship settings.

Being involved in Womens' Studies, Sunday School responsibilities with High School age (myself) and College age students (husband), at church and in our home, our life has been devoted to scripturally educate young people . . . and later after retiring, my husband was ordained a Ruling Elder in order to minister to the elderly.

So for all our years in Christ, we have been commissioned by the Lord to serve both young and old in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Throughout our Christian past, we have not been extolled, but tremendously respected by all our brethren in all the churches we attended. We have NEVER caused any division or spriritual trouble anywhere. We have NEVER succumbed to politics for gain. We have ALWAYS put the body of Jesus Christ first in our service . . sometimes at the risk of our own health and well being.

It is only in these last years, having lost our congregation and Pastors to their more advanced age, that we have found ourselves seeking friend and fellowship online . . only to discover for the FIRST time in our lives, the hatred and animosity that exists against our Reformed faith.

Husband quickly pulled away from such, but I have hoped there was reason to use the internet to connect with other souls. One cannot live in isolation from Christian fellowship for very long . . and despite all the opposition and hatred and insults and bannings and vitriol I have received for proclaiming the Gospel of Grace of Jesus Christ, I have met a handful of the Lord's true children.

If you believe nothing that comes from my posts, believe this. I have have found and cherish an elect few who share the Truth and the Mind of Christ with me. He has provided them to me so that I can now persevere through what is left of my physical life.

And God has used TOL to bring these dear brethren to me, to uphold me in my old age to my death . . .and no one here or anywhere else can deny the actuality or reality of God's providence and saving grace in my life.

No matter what is said against me, greater is He who loves me than He who is in the world.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My thanks to all those who have validated I am elderly to Musterion . . .:crackup:

Now that this fact has been established (hopefully forever), I desire to add to my ancient resume, the following history of my life:

My husband and I have always been church members and church leaders. After conversion to faith in Jesus Christ, we have sought out the fellowship of other Christians in worship settings.

Being involved in Womens' Studies, Sunday School responsibilities with High School age (myself) and College age students (husband), at church and in our home, our life has been devoted to scripturally educate young people . . . and later after retiring, my husband was ordained a Ruling Elder in order to minister to the elderly.

So for all our years in Christ, we have been commissioned by the Lord to serve both young and old in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Throughout our Christian past, we have not been extolled, but tremendously respected by all our brethren in all the churches we attended. We have NEVER caused any division or spriritual trouble anywhere. We have NEVER succumbed to politics for gain. We have ALWAYS put the body of Jesus Christ first in our service . . sometimes at the risk of our own health and well being.

It is only in these last years, having lost our congregation and Pastors to their more advanced age, that we have found ourselves seeking friend and fellowship online . . only to discover for the FIRST time in our lives, the hatred and animosity that exists against our Reformed faith.

Husband quickly pulled away from such, but I have hoped there was reason to use the internet to connect with other souls. One cannot live in isolation from Christian fellowship for very long . . and despite all the opposition and hatred and insults and bannings and vitriol I have received for proclaiming the Gospel of Grace of Jesus Christ, I have met a handful of the Lord's true children.

If you believe nothing that comes from my posts, believe this. I have have found and cherish an elect few who share the Truth and the Mind of Christ with me. He has provided them to me so that I can now persevere through what is left of my physical life.

And God has used TOL to bring these dear brethren to me, to uphold me in my old age to my death . . .and no one here or anywhere else can deny the actuality or reality of God's providence and saving grace in my life.

No matter what is said against me, greater is He who loves me than He who is in the world.
I love you Nang. Good testimony.

I still disagree with you

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Quote specifically where I have slandered or posted viciously against anyone.

No I don't. Who has refuted any of my posts or rebuked my doctrines that I defend . . only because I am a woman (except you)?

My responses were/are about the double standard of leniency regarding some posters (like you) that insult without grounds and others (JW, GM, PJ,etc.) without any sensitivity towards the elderly (criticizing their looks).

HOW?

I think you are just angry with your poor old mother . . . and you are projecting it upon me. :nono:

You have the nerve to accuse "Old GM" of being "insensitive" to the elderly? I would ask you to prove where I've shown disrespect for you about being a woman or about being elderly? Prove it? I see that you're beginning to pull the "Age card" That won't go very far in my opinion.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nang reminds me of the old story about a Guy/Gal who goes around smarting off to people then, when the wronged person gets mad, the Guy/Gal who started it says: Don't hit me I'm wearing glasses. Only, she pulls the "Elderly Card." If ya can't take what's coming back at ya, don't start something, to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.