Southern Baptists Call For Kids To Be Pulled From School

cur_deus_homo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Southern Baptists Call For Kids To Be Pulled From School

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Southern Baptists Call For Kids To Be Pulled From School

Originally posted by Art Deco

There is much truth to what you say, however, far from retreating to the shelter of the Church as you suggest, I see this "Christian Education Resolution" by the SBC as a call to arms and frontal attack on the purveyor of Secular Humanism, (Public Schools).
Eh? How is a withdrawl a frontal attack?

Chileice

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Southern Baptists Call For Kids To Be Pulled From School

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Southern Baptists Call For Kids To Be Pulled From School

Originally posted by cur_deus_homo

The same way hate is love, you know, simple:doh:

cur_deus_homo

Encouragement of classism

Encouragement of classism

Originally posted by ebenz47037

I say that homeschooled children are better off because their parents take an active role in their everyday lives and make sure that they are safe.
Exactly: "because their parents take an active role in their everyday lives..." That's the difference.

Thanks for sharing your situation. I agree with much of what you said. You made a personal decision that was right for you because of some very special and tragic circumstances.

My problem with the SBC resolution is that if followed through to its logical conclusion it will lead to segregation, though along secular lines this time instead of racial lines. My worry is not that millions of homeschoolers will arise from any mass migration from public schools. My worry is that we will create an even more classist system than we already have. And such classism is not harmonious with the Christian ideals of meeting social needs.

ec_money

Wow, for once I agree with the Southern Baptists. I believe that the scriptures make the responsible ruling of one's household a condition for leadership, so I think they are right to demand that Southern Baptist leaders give their kids a specifically Christian education.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by ec_money
Wow, for once I agree with the Southern Baptists. I believe that the scriptures make the responsible ruling of one's household a condition for leadership, so I think they are right to demand that Southern Baptist leaders give their kids a specifically Christian education.
Then it better be specifically Biblical, in every respect. Creationism, pi equals 3, the sky is a solid dome, etc.

Christine

I agree with the SBC, but I think they compromised to much. They shouldn't have allowed Christian schools. Homeschooling should be the only option.

Jesus Lives!

Originally posted by Christine

I agree with the SBC, but I think they compromised to much. They shouldn't have allowed Christian schools. Homeschooling should be the only option.

That would be in a perfect world, I think. I am thinking of homeschooling my children. I have only done a little research and its going to cost alot of money, to us, that right now we do not have. Having four children and only one income has made us very limited but I do know that if this is the will of God for my children then He will provide. But not everyone in this world can afford to do these things or they are not in a good position to do this. So I guess I am saying that I disagree with you about the SBC compromising. I believe they are looking at the whole of the church and considering a fair balance.:)

Christine

Originally posted by Living4Him

That would be in a perfect world, I think. I am thinking of homeschooling my children. I have only done a little research and its going to cost alot of money, to us, that right now we do not have. Having four children and only one income has made us very limited but I do know that if this is the will of God for my children then He will provide. But not everyone in this world can afford to do these things or they are not in a good position to do this. So I guess I am saying that I disagree with you about the SBC compromising. I believe they are looking at the whole of the church and considering a fair balance.:)
Did you check out www.vegsource.com/homeschool ? You can buy lots of used stuff there. Also, I sell used materials. You can save a bundle buying used.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Living4Him

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you need any advice and/or help. I made a lot of my curriculum for the first half of our homeschooling life. I'm more than willing to help you out if you need it.

firechyld

I understand that it's not what you aspire to, doll, but some families simply cannot afford to homeschool. It may cost less compared to school fees, but a homeschooling family is usually a single income family.

Some of us have to work to support our families.

Christine

Originally posted by firechyld

I understand that it's not what you aspire to, doll, but some families simply cannot afford to homeschool. It may cost less compared to school fees, but a homeschooling family is usually a single income family.

Some of us have to work to support our families.
I understand where your coming from, but I firmly believe that anyone who wants to homeschool can/will find a way. FYI, my family is a single income "below poverty level" family. But, we still find a way to homeschool.

firechyld

I understand where your coming from, but I firmly believe that anyone who wants to homeschool can/will find a way. FYI, my family is a single income "below poverty level" family. But, we still find a way to homeschool.

I agree with you... but I still think other options should exist and should be accepted.

Lucky

Hall of Fame

FYI, my family is a single income "below poverty level" family. But, we still find a way to homeschool.
Unfortunately, many of the Southern Baptist Church members that I know would not be willing to give up their two salaries along with the comfy-cozy, middle-class lifestyle. Even the pastor at "First Baptist" in a nearby town makes more than $75,000 a year. So I'm sure you can understand why this resolution includes private schools. If it was homeschool only, it wouldn't stand a chance. But this way, at least it's a step in the right direction.

firechyld

Two salaries is automatically cozy now???

Maybe in the US... over here a double income family can still sit below the poverty line.

Art Deco

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Southern Baptists Call For Kids To Be Pulled From Sch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Southern Baptists Call For Kids To Be Pulled From Sch

Originally posted by cur_deus_homo

Why continue to provide Christian children for Secular Indoctrination in the public schools? Let the bind lead the blind. Sending Christian children to public schools is like trench warfare in WWI, deadly and futile.

Art Deco

Re: Encouragement of classism

Re: Encouragement of classism

Originally posted by cur_deus_homo My problem with the SBC resolution is that if followed through to its logical conclusion it will lead to segregation, though along secular lines this time instead of racial lines. My worry is not that millions of homeschoolers will arise from any mass migration from public schools. My worry is that we will create an even more classist system than we already have. And such classism is not harmonious with the Christian ideals of meeting social needs.

C_D_H, the nation is already polarized "secular" vs. "theists." The Secular Humanist Democrat Party represents all the anti-God factions in this nation. The Republican Party has been by default, a home for religionists.

Fewer Christians to be gradually "brainwashed" into Godless secular humanists, would reduce the polarization and restore morality to its proper place in the culture.

Jesus Lives!

Did you check out www.vegsource.com/homeschool ? You can buy lots of used stuff there. Also, I sell used materials. You can save a bundle buying used.

Yes, I did look at that site for a few mins. Not sure yet where everything is or what I should be looking at. But I will probably look over it alot more. I just found out today from our school board that they lease out all materials needed. But with 3(maybe 4) younger boys I believe I would perfer to buy them. And used is most likely the way I will go.

Jesus Lives!

Originally posted by ebenz47037

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you need any advice and/or help. I made a lot of my curriculum for the first half of our homeschooling life. I'm more than willing to help you out if you need it.

Thanks Ebenz! I will greatfully keep that in mind. I probably will need it! :)