South Carolina Cop Tosses Student Around

Quetzal

Tell ya what. Start a thread. It's a huge topic.
I would prefer to keep it in this one, if only for a few posts just so I can get an idea. A4T and you have both made sweeping claims that liberal (A4T made this claim in specific) policies are a problem and neither of you have produced anything specific. I am not trying to beat you up, I am just genuinely curious where you feel the problems are. This will give me a better idea of your perspective.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i'd like to see the guy who edited the original video (that went viral) prosecuted, but i'm not sure what charge you'd lay in today's crappy american criminal just-a-system

of course, in a Justice system, you'd be able to charge him with bearing false witness

and give him the death penalty

that'd put a damper on this kind of crap right quick

i wanna change my answer

the OT penalty for bearing false witness was that the bearer would receive the punishment that the other guy would have received

in this case, the video appears to have been edited to make it look like the cop's response to the girl was unjustified, in which case he would be liable to charges of assault with a possible sentence of, say 3-5 years in the pokey

so that's what the kid should earn, in a godly justice system

in the crappy system we have in place today?

diddly-squat

glorydaz

I would prefer to keep it in this one,

I'm sure you would. That's like wanting us to explain how the IRS and it's policies cause problems in two sentences or less.

if only for a few posts just so I can get an idea. A4T and you have both made sweeping claims that liberal (A4T made this claim in specific) policies are a problem and neither of you have produced anything specific. I am not trying to beat you up, I am just genuinely curious where you feel the problems are. This will give me a better idea of your perspective.

If you need to be educated on the NEA and it's policies, you can start here.

The NEA, originally on the conservative side of U.S. politics, by the 1970s emerged as a factor in modern liberalism.[6] While the NEA has a stated position of "non-partisan", it typically supports the Democratic Party.[7] Conservatives, libertarians, and parents' rights groups have criticized the NEA's liberal positions.[8]

State affiliates of the NEA regularly lobby state legislators for funding, seek to influence education policy, and file legal actions.[9] At the national level, the NEA lobbies the United States Congress and federal agencies and is active in the nominating process for Democratic candidates.[10] From 1989 through the 2014 election cycle, the NEA spent over $92 million on political campaign contributions, 97% of which went to Democrats.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Education_Association

Quetzal

I'm sure you would. That's like wanting us to explain how the IRS and it's policies cause problems in two sentences or less.

If you need to be educated on the NEA and it's policies, you can start here.
None of which answers my question. What specific policies do you not agree with? Why is this so hard for you to answer?

Quetzal

Then read back till you do.
Just did, over the past three days you did not list a single, specific school policy that you disagree with. Oh well, asking you or Glory to answer a simple, straight forward question might be asking too much. I will move on.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Just did, over the past three days you did not list a single, specific school policy that you disagree with. Oh well, asking you or Glory to answer a simple, straight forward question might be asking too much. I will move on.

Hmm

There was a time when such behavior would warrant a spanking at school , then suspension.

Now parents want to be paid for their children's bad behavior and are taught, NOT to respect authority.

Theres one of them right there, did you miss it? Read back a little more carefully and you can spot a couple others.

PureX

Sorry, I didn't see any specific policies listed.
You aren't going to get anything out of either of them, because they have no real idea why they think what they think. They are automatons when it comes to their prejudices. You type the trigger word, and you get the automatic negative 'comeback'. But they have no sensible, considered, response to give you. Only more trigger-words and pat blame-phrases.

There is no there, there.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Okay, that's a start. :) Would you be in favor of that kind of punishment? Do you believe it is effective? Why or why not?

corporal punishment used to be common, swift and immediate in public schools

and the students either conformed to expectations or dropped out

glorydaz

How about not allowing children to give each other hugs? How about expelling little boys who play cowboys and Indians? How about removing the entire class when one acts out?

That results in kids growing up to be people like you who act like babies when they don't get their way. :)

Start your own thread on the NEA, like I suggested, and quit whining and talking about me behind my back.

glorydaz

You aren't going to get anything out of either of them, because they have no real idea why they think what they think. They are automatons when it comes to their prejudices. You type the trigger word, and you get the automatic negative 'comeback'. But they have no sensible, considered, response to give you. Only more trigger-words and pat blame-phrases.

There is no there, there.

You guys are worse than a pair of old ladies sitting on your front porch dissing the neighbor lady who is busy getting on with her life.

glorydaz

Okay, that's a start. :) Would you be in favor of that kind of punishment? Do you believe it is effective? Why or why not?

Clearly you didn't receive any corporal punishment or you wouldn't be asking such dumb questions. You'd know quite well it worked just fine.