Simple QUESTION-

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny J

BANNED
Banned
elohiym said:
1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Think of it as a riddle. Enjoy!

elohiym,

Too profound to be a RIDDLE- ;)

9 But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him," 10 God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.
Hmmmmmm... This seems to somewhat answer my inital question: Can the HUMAN mind know GOD'S plan? ;) It seems to be an issue of SPIRIT not THOUGHT-

Does my interpretation make any sense?

ken

kenny J

BANNED
Banned
kmoney said:
What happened before God created the earth?

kmoney,

I'm not sure sure that the MIND can truely know the answer to some questions- Most are willing to speculate- For me ONLY thru FAITH(when THOUGHT ends) can we find peace with NOT having an answer on a topic that is NOT ours to HOLD. If our faith is held in our own THOUGHTS then it is SECULAR- as our minds are SECULAR by their nature.

Just my sense of things-

ken

elohiym

kenny J said:
Hmmmmmm... This seems to somewhat answer my inital question: Can the HUMAN mind know GOD'S plan? ;) It seems to be an issue of SPIRIT not THOUGHT-

Does my interpretation make any sense?
Yes. It is the correct interpretation.

I need to give you harder riddles. ;)

:cheers:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
What happened before God created the earth?
I don't know. But I know that God existed. And for something to exist, time has to pass, doesn't it? Wait a minute, I thought of something that happened before God created the Earth. God decided to create the Earth.:idea:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kenny J said:
Light,

Hmmm.... Why then can't GOD be understood as timeless like I mentioned? To exist OUTSIDE time would be to EXIST in "reality"- As TIME itself seems to be merely a human(secular) PERCEPTION. What do you think?

ken
Time is not a dimension, so one cannot exist outside of it. Timeless is not something one can be. Time cannot be transcended.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
I don't know. But I know that God existed. And for something to exist, time has to pass, doesn't it? Wait a minute, I thought of something that happened before God created the Earth. God decided to create the Earth.:idea:
I think technically God could exist without time. If the only thing that exists is God, what events are happening? Was God doing stuff? I think that the "time" that God existed prior to creating the world was like an instant. I basically think time would have began at the creation of the world.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
I think technically God could exist without time. If the only thing that exists is God, what events are happening? Was God doing stuff? I think that the "time" that God existed prior to creating the world was like an instant. I basically think time would have began at the creation of the world.
You have a pretty misconstrued concept of time.

2ephesians8

kenny J said:
Can the HUMAN mind know GOD'S plan?

Please use scripture-

ken

I'm not sure how your question got off into a discussion about time, but this is what I think.

"No. The human mind can not know God's plan. We may have a vague concept, but I think knowing is beyond our capcity."

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Time is the succession of events right?
Time is succession or duration. Events are always happening, 100% of the time. So it seems that possibly you are misunderstanding what an event is.

kenny-
In answer to your question:
"For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ."
-1 Corinthians 2:16​

2ephesians8

Here's the verse I wanted to put with my answer:

8"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
9"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:8-9

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Time is succession or duration. Events are always happening, 100% of the time. So it seems that possibly you are misunderstanding what an event is.
Ok, then what do you define an "event" as?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Ok, then what do you define an "event" as?
Anything that happens. A thought is an event. And I'm sure you don't believe there were no thoughts in God's head before He created the Earth, do you?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
2ephesians8 said:
Here's the verse I wanted to put with my answer:

8"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
9"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:8-9
This is before Christ. Now, those of us in Christ have the mind of Christ [1 Cor. 2:16].

2ephesians8

Lighthouse said:
This is before Christ. Now, those of us in Christ have the mind of Christ [1 Cor. 2:16].

:think:

I suppose you could say the whole new testiment reveals God's Plan...but then theoretically anyone who reads it should understand God's Plan...sooooo a Spiritual Transaction must take place for the human mind to comprehend what they are reading?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
Anything that happens. A thought is an event. And I'm sure you don't believe there were no thoughts in God's head before He created the Earth, do you?
I would probably say God's first thoughts were to create the world so I am sticking to my statement about time beginning when God created the world. God existed infinitely into the past. When you're dealing with an infnite scale like that it's pointless to assign lengths of times to things. It is essentially meaningless to speak of time before the universe was created. Everything would have been like an instant.

Catatumba

kenny J said:
Can the HUMAN mind know GOD'S plan?

Please use scripture-
Did the mind of Jesus within the hebrew God's reason know His will?
There are two partculars about God's will; the individual and the general.
There is "who ever believes" and then there is "go out to all nations"; what would God's plan be?
Or "many are called, but few are chosen".
Or "I chose you, you did not choose me".
The Q. is; is the world as we know it "evangelized"? :alien:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
2ephesians8 said:
:think:

I suppose you could say the whole new testiment reveals God's Plan...but then theoretically anyone who reads it should understand God's Plan...sooooo a Spiritual Transaction must take place for the human mind to comprehend what they are reading?
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."
-1 Corinthians 2:14​

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
I would probably say God's first thoughts were to create the world so I am sticking to my statement about time beginning when God created the world. God existed infinitely into the past. When you're dealing with an infnite scale like that it's pointless to assign lengths of times to things. It is essentially meaningless to speak of time before the universe was created. Everything would have been like an instant.
Like an instant?:rotfl:

Dude, seriously, how could you buy this? Infinity is a pointless word that describes a concept that isn't even provable. God experiences the passage of time just as we do, and there is no Biblical evidence to the contrary. In fact, all Biblical evidence points to God experiencing it as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.