Should we pay tithes to be bless and free?

c.moore

Originally posted by SOTK

Why is this thread in the "Hall of Fame threads" forum?

tHAT WAS MINE MISTAKE.
i tryed to stop it but I couldn´t delete the thread for some reason.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by c.moore

The excuse to not to pay tithes is to go logical , and reasoning, and get out of being led by the Spirit , and to close their ears to God Spirit, and listen to their own.
So one cannot be logical and reasonable while being led by the Spirit?

c.moore

Originally posted by Poly

So one cannot be logical and reasonable while being led by the Spirit?

Ro:8:4: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Ro:8:5: For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Ro:8:6: For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Ro:8:7: Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

1Corinthians
4When I talked with you or preached, I didn't try to prove anything by sounding wise. I simply let God's Spirit show his power. 5That way you would have faith because of God's power and not because of human wisdom.
6We do use wisdom when speaking to people who are mature in their faith. But it isn't the wisdom of this world or of its rulers, who will soon disappear. 7We speak of God's hidden and mysterious wisdom that God decided to use for our glory long before the world began. 8The rulers of this world didn't know anything about this wisdom. If they had known about it, they would not have nailed the glorious Lord to a cross. 9But it is just as the Scriptures say,
"What God has planned
for people who love him
is more than eyes have seen
or ears have heard.
It has never even
entered our minds!"
10God's Spirit has shown you everything. His Spirit finds out everything, even what is deep in the mind of God. 11You are the only one who knows what is in your own mind, and God's Spirit is the only one who knows what is in God's mind. 12But God has given us his Spirit. That's why we don't think the same way that the people of this world think. That's also why we can recognize the blessings that God has given us.
13Every word we speak was taught to us by God's Spirit, not by human wisdom. And this same Spirit helps us teach spiritual things to spiritual people.

SOTK

godrulz

I like how you explaned how people just tip, or chump change God with there finance.
What a shame, and to cheap to give 10% because they have more trust in their money than in God`s 10%.

The excuse to not to pay tithes is to go logical , and reasoning, and get out of being led by the Spirit , and to close their ears to God Spirit, and listen to their own.

You keep talking about God's 10%. Where does it say in the New Testament that we are to keep the law of tithing? Where does it say that members of the Body of Christ are to give 10% to God?

I would rather give money to where it is needed the most. I'm not saying that churches don't need money to operate, and I'm not saying that I don't give money to my church. What I am getting at though is that this notion of 10% is ridiculous. Your church doesn't need it. God doesn't need it. I believe most pastors know that this law doesn't apply anymore. They bring it up and attempt to tie it to the New Testament so that Christians will give their church 10% of their earnings. In other words, I think some pastors are intentionally misleading their members. They imply that Christians are supposed to follow this law when it's not the case. As I said, if I am going to give money, I would rather give to where it's needed the most and it's often not the church. Help out a family you know who is in need, c.moore. Help a stranger who looks like they need the help. Know what I mean? Give that way. Give to your church a fair and reasonable amount of money. Don't be suckered in to thinking you have to give 10% to your church because the law of tithing still applies. It doesn't.

SOTK

c.moore

Hello Sotk

it is not a matter of is it passed it is like a side guidance line to not tip God and give 10% in love.

It is not a law but a way of putting God first in your finance, and showing that Jesus is Lord in your life over everything.

God doesn`t need none of our money but he does want us to love Him because he first love us.

I think alot of people Just put their money first before God and that is the case even if it was 1% and that is a shame.

think of it if God ask for all which he should and could because all belongs to Him anyways, but we are sad to give 10%, and be obedient, in love.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Ro:8:4: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Ro:8:5: For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Ro:8:6: For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Ro:8:7: Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

1Corinthians
4When I talked with you or preached, I didn't try to prove anything by sounding wise. I simply let God's Spirit show his power. 5That way you would have faith because of God's power and not because of human wisdom.
6We do use wisdom when speaking to people who are mature in their faith. But it isn't the wisdom of this world or of its rulers, who will soon disappear. 7We speak of God's hidden and mysterious wisdom that God decided to use for our glory long before the world began. 8The rulers of this world didn't know anything about this wisdom. If they had known about it, they would not have nailed the glorious Lord to a cross. 9But it is just as the Scriptures say,
"What God has planned
for people who love him
is more than eyes have seen
or ears have heard.
It has never even
entered our minds!"
10God's Spirit has shown you everything. His Spirit finds out everything, even what is deep in the mind of God. 11You are the only one who knows what is in your own mind, and God's Spirit is the only one who knows what is in God's mind. 12But God has given us his Spirit. That's why we don't think the same way that the people of this world think. That's also why we can recognize the blessings that God has given us.
13Every word we speak was taught to us by God's Spirit, not by human wisdom. And this same Spirit helps us teach spiritual things to spiritual people.

I'm assuming by simply posting these passages that you are trying to say that being led by the Spirit means not being led by logic and reason. This is a pretty silly conclusion to come to with the passage you posted.

It is logical for me to feed, clothe and educate my children. Can I not also be led by the Spirit to do this?

Last edited:

c.moore

Originally posted by Poly

I'm assuming by simply posting these passages that you are trying to say that being led by the Spirit means not being led by logic and reason. This is a pretty silly conclusion to come to with the passage you posted.

It is logical for me to feed, clothe and educate my children. Can I not also be led by the Spirit to do this?

yes, we do have a discerning spirit, and we do need to live on in wisdom.

c.moore

Poly said:

Bu7t learning how to do that has nothting to do with the spirit, but maybe when to do it and how to react as doing it might involve the spirit and grace.