Should the US government support Israel?

• Yes

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters

Reba

Should USA support Israel? Israel 2 snippets from Encarta

ISRAEL
On May 14, 1948, when the British mandate over Palestine expired, Jewish authorities declared the establishment of the State of Israel. The declaration recalled the religious and spiritual connections of the Jewish people to the land of Israel, without mention of specific boundaries; guaranteed “freedom of religion and conscience, of language, education, and culture”; provided a framework for a democratic Jewish state founded on liberty, justice, and peace; and called for peaceful relations with Arab neighbors. The state declared itself open for Jewish immigration. A provisional government was established, with Jewish Agency chairman David Ben-Gurion as prime minister and former Jewish Agency president Chaim Weizmann as president. The United States and the USSR, along with many other states, quickly recognized the new government.

KUWAIT
In 1961 Britain granted independence to Kuwait. Iraq, which had long claimed Kuwait was part of southern Iraq, argued that Kuwait had been separated from it illegitimately. After being pressured by Arab countries and Britain, Iraq eventually backed down from its claim. The emir of Kuwait nonetheless felt it necessary to promote national unity. He allowed elections for a constituent assembly, which took place in late 1961, and the assembly wrote a constitution the following year that guaranteed the Sabah’s dominance but allowed the people a role in government. On two occasions, in 1976 and 1986, the emir’s successors suspended parts of the constitution, but on both occasions they later consented to renew constitutional life.

Politically speaking I believe we have the same responsibility to support Israel as we do Kuwait. ( Using Kuwait because of, its size, the gulf war, the oil , location, all those types of things. The 2 nations compare geographically etc ) The USA supported Kuwait with the blood of the GI’s which to me is the ultimate support.

Biblically speaking I understand Israel to be as much an antichrist nation as Kuwait.

1 John 2:22-23

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

2 John 7-11

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

maybe i was not clear this morning YES the USA should support Israel

Last edited:

RightIdea

Reba, I hate to say it but you're putting yourself in a fairly awkward position with God on this issue.

Israel is currently in a state of having temporarily fallen from God's favor. This isn't the first time this has happened, although it's the worst case of it. Israel fell temporarily from God's favor a number of times in the OT, each time because she failed to follow God's teachings and accept His truth.

Using the logic you just used, we'd also have to say that Babylon was righteous in its being against Israel during her time of having fallen away from God.

God always cursed any nation that came against Israel, whether it was in Israel's "down" periods or "up" periods, regardless. Every nation that has opposed Israel, even when she was fallen away from God, has been destroyed. Not a single one of them still exists, from Babylon to Hitler's Third Reich.

Even Mark Twain interestingly observed this in his later years, adding the advice that one should never, ever, ever be against the Jews, because doing so is clearly a dangerous thing to do.

America is not a Christian nation, not a nation of God. It is a heathen Gentile nation, and it too will be destroyed if we stand opposed to Israel. But on the other hand, God blesses nations that stand by Israel.

Reba

Idea,
I am not a good writer so please dont try and read deeply into my post.

Reba, I hate to say it but you're putting yourself in a fairly awkward position with God on this issue.
i didnt write the scripture GOD did

Israel is currently in a state of having temporarily fallen from God's favor. This isn't the first time this has happened, although it's the worst case of it. Israel fell temporarily from God's favor a number of times in the OT, each time because she failed to follow God's teachings and accept His truth.
did i say anything contary to the above?

Using the logic you just used, we'd also have to say that Babylon was righteous in its being against Israel during her time of having fallen away from God. i did say the USA should support Israel

God always cursed any nation that came against Israel, whether it was in Israel's "down" periods or "up" periods, regardless. Every nation that has opposed Israel, even when she was fallen away from God, has been destroyed. Not a single one of them still exists, from Babylon to Hitler's Third Reich.. i did say the USA should support Israel

Even Mark Twain interestingly observed this in his later years, adding the advice that one should never, ever, ever be against the Jews, because doing so is clearly a dangerous thing to do.

America is not a Christian nation, not a nation of God. It is a heathen Gentile nation, and it too will be destroyed if we stand opposed to Israel. But on the other hand, God blesses nations that stand by Israel. did i say USA was a nation of GOD?

I didn't write 'John' only copied and pasted

Explosived

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Ps 122:6

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. (Gen. 12:3)

Explosived

Psalm 138:2 - "...for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

Psalm 138:2 - "...for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

Who does Jerusalem belong to according to the words of God?

And who will sit in the seat of David there?

Explosived

Re: Psalm 138:2 - "...for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

Re: Psalm 138:2 - "...for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

Originally posted by Explosived
Who does Jerusalem belong to according to the words of God?

And who will sit in the seat of David there?

Anyone?

Housefly

Jerusalem is not the same as Isreal. Isreal is a liniage of people. From "Jacob". Jerusalem is a city. (Extremly simplified answer.)

Jerusalem belongs to God. He calls It 'MY CITY'.
The Lamb of God will sit on the throne, or messiah if you wish, a green shoot from the stump of Jesse (David's desendent)

Housefly

OH! And my answer to support Isreal is a resounding YES! They hold our Jewish roots, we are grafted into them, they are our older brother. (I'll bet if you have an older brother he's as stubborn as mine! : ) )

RightIdea

Originally posted by Housefly
OH! And my answer to support Isreal is a resounding YES! They hold our Jewish roots, we are grafted into them, they are our older brother. (I'll bet if you have an older brother he's as stubborn as mine! : ) )
Grafted into Israel? With all due respect, where do you get that from? Israel was cut off from the root (Christ), and the Gentiles were grafted in where Israel once was. We aren't grafted into Israel. We are grafted into Christ. :)

(But I completely agree with you in supporting Israel. They are God's chosen people, once and always.)

Reba

Isa 11:10
10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
KJV
Rom 15:12
12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
KJV
Rev 5:5
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
KJV

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Flipper said:
You do need to understand that the Israelis do sometimes go out of their way to provoke the Palestinians, however.

Yep, those wacky Palestinians absolutely Hate It when an Israeli breathes....

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Yes....well maybe not.....no.....but then again......I guess it just depends......

Does that answer your question? :noid: