Should the Ten Commandments be observed by all?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Enjoy the Sabbath everyone. I will not be on Theology Online on the Sabbath as I do not use the Internet on the Sabbath.

Shalom.

Jacob

marhig

Shalom.

I wanted to be in Jerusalem for the feast. There are three times per year that all men are to be in Jerusalem.

Shalom.

Jacob
That's nice, but it's more important to walk in the Spirit, and be with God in the heart and have our hearts cleansed by him!

We can follow all the traditions and attend every feast but without loving God from the depths of our hearts, it's nothing. And those who love God from their hearts, live by his will.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's nice, but it's more important to walk in the Spirit, and be with God in the heart and have our hearts cleansed by him!

We can follow all the traditions and attend every feast but without loving God from the depths of our hearts, it's nothing. And those who love God from their hearts, live by his will.

Shalom.

It has to do with observing or obeying God's commands. They should all be kept in so far as that we can keep them. I have learned this through observing God's Law, Torah, in the United States of America, where I live. This has included the feasts. I am only not in Israel and Jerusalem.

Shalom.

Jacob

marhig

Shalom.

It has to do with observing or obeying God's commands. They should all be kept in so far as that we can keep them. I have learned this through observing God's Law, Torah, in the United States of America, where I live. This has included the feasts. I am only not in Israel and Jerusalem.

Shalom.

Jacob
We can obey Gods commands because we have to, and we can twist them to suit us.

But once we are born of the Spirit, then we will be obeying God because we love him and we will do so through faith. And we will be being taught every day right from wrong by the Spirit. And we establish God's law.

Jesus didn't annul the laws of God, he fulfilled them, and he came as our perfect example of how to live.

I don't know all the laws in the Torah, but i know that God has changed my heart and i know that I'm living by his will, because he is strengthening me, and giving me the power to overcome my flesh daily, and i know that I'll only fall, if i turn back.

And i can feel his love and peace in my heart. And i know that i have to obey him and this world means nothing to me anymore. God is everything and he is the first thing i think of in the morning when i wake, and he is the last one that i think of when i fall to sleep at night and I speak to him and pray to him from me heart during the day between. And try always to live by his will, but i do fall too. I love him deeply. And i know, that without him I'm nothing.

It's a true blessing to know the living God and his holy son Christ Jesus. As his way, is the way back to God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We can obey Gods commands because we have to, and we can twist them to suit us.

But once we are born of the Spirit, then we will be obeying God because we love him and we will do so through faith. And we will be being taught every day right from wrong by the Spirit. And we establish God's law.

Jesus didn't annul the laws of God, he fulfilled them, and he came as our perfect example of how to live.

I don't know all the laws in the Torah, but i know that God has changed my heart and i know that I'm living by his will, because he is strengthening me, and giving me the power to overcome my flesh daily, and i know that I'll only fall, if i turn back.

And i can feel his love and peace in my heart. And i know that i have to obey him and this world means nothing to me anymore. God is everything and he is the first thing i think of in the morning when i wake, and he is the last one that i think of when i fall to sleep at night and I speak to him and pray to him from me heart during the day between. And try always to live by his will, but i do fall too. I love him deeply. And i know, that without him I'm nothing.

It's a true blessing to know the living God and his holy son Christ Jesus. As his way, is the way back to God.
Shalom.

Some of your ideas you may find that your thinking has changed over time. May you come to understand God's commands in truth.

Shalom.

Jacob

marhig

Shalom.

Some of your ideas you may find that your thinking has changed over time. May you come to understand God's commands in truth.

Shalom.

Jacob
Jacob i do, because once he is in our hearts, he commands us to do his will every day!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob if you have the Holy Spirit within, then you should know what i mean!
Shalom.

It is my belief that the Holy Spirit dwells in me.

I do not understand your statements. I am being honest about that.

Shalom.

Jacob

marhig

Shalom.

It is my belief that the Holy Spirit dwells in me.

I do not understand your statements. I am being honest about that.

Shalom.

Jacob
Jacob, can i ask you something. How do you know that you have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you?

Thanks

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, can i ask you something. How do you know that you have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you?

Thanks
Shalom.

That is a good question. I do and I do not know how I know. I do know that more happens with my mind than just thinking. At least that is something that I want to say here. I do more than just think about what I have said before or thinking new thoughts. I do not believe that my mind is programmed. I know a lot of scripture. But sometimes God just reveals something to me, relating to something in the past (or the present) or not. I believe that God uses me to accomplish His will. I may or may not be special in this (or, that) regard. Maybe God just shows me things to be a part of His plan.

Shalom.

Jacob

marhig

Shalom.

That is a good question. I do and I do not know how I know. I do know that more happens with my mind than just thinking. At least that is something that I want to say here. I do more than just think about what I have said before or thinking new thoughts. I do not believe that my mind is programmed. I know a lot of scripture. But sometimes God just reveals something to me, relating to something in the past (or the present) or not. I believe that God uses me to accomplish His will. I may or may not be special in this (or, that) regard. Maybe God just shows me things to be a part of His plan.

Shalom.

Jacob
We know we have the Holy Spirit when we have the power, the Spirit gives us the power to overcome our flesh, the power to speak, he gives us what to say at the time we need it, he moves us to do what we wouldn't do in our flesh and stops us doing what we would, and he always teaches us and guides us to live right before God and to love others as ourselves and help when we see the need.

He changes our hearts from a heart that loves the flesh to a heart that is more like Christs and we will want to do Gods will. The laws that the Jews follow outwardly, are written in the hearts and minds of those born of God inwardly as he convicts and corrects us daily as we go wrong, and he gives us a strong conscience so that we cannot do what we would do in the flesh and we find it hard to wilfully sin. Those born of God, do his will because they want to, not because they have to, and they do it out of love and not because they have a law that tells them that they must do it.

The laws can be twisted to suit man, but the Spirit will always bare witness to the truth.

Our Lord Jesus said that all the law and the prophets hang on these the two greatest commandments, and they are to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, and love your neighbour as yourself.

If we truly obey these two commandments, then we will be obeying the laws of God. And we will do them through love.

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. And he is the only way that we are to follow. His way is the true way back to God. And he is our perfect example.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We know we have the Holy Spirit when we have the power, the Spirit gives us the power to overcome our flesh, the power to speak, he gives us what to say at the time we need it, he moves us to do what we wouldn't do in our flesh and stops us doing what we would, and he always teaches us and guides us to live right before God and to love others as ourselves and help when we see the need.

He changes our hearts from a heart that loves the flesh to a heart that is more like Christs and we will want to do Gods will. The laws that the Jews follow outwardly, are written in the hearts and minds of those born of God inwardly as he convicts and corrects us daily as we go wrong, and he gives us a strong conscience so that we cannot do what we would do in the flesh and we find it hard to wilfully sin. Those born of God, do his will because they want to, not because they have to, and they do it out of love and not because they have a law that tells them that they must do it.

The laws can be twisted to suit man, but the Spirit will always bare witness to the truth.

Our Lord Jesus said that all the law and the prophets hang on these the two greatest commandments, and they are to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, and love your neighbour as yourself.

If we truly obey these two commandments, then we will be obeying the laws of God. And we will do them through love.

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. And he is the only way that we are to follow. His way is the true way back to God. And he is our perfect example.
Shalom!

Today is Ziv 2, Shishi (the sixth day of the week).

The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. It came in Yeshua HaMashiach, Yeshua Messiah.

The Spirit of God convicts the world of righteousness, gives us the words to speak, reminds us of the things of Christ (not just reminding the Twelve Apostles), and dwells in believers by faith. We sow to the Spirit, not to the flesh. We live by the Spirit and walk by the Spirit. All of this is by faith. It is the work or working of God and the Spirit. God is Spirit. There is the Spirit of God, the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

Shalom.

Jacob

marhig

Shalom!

Today is Ziv 2, Shishi (the sixth day of the week).

The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. It came in Yeshua HaMashiach, Yeshua Messiah.

The Spirit of God convicts the world of righteousness, gives us the words to speak, reminds us of the things of Christ (not just reminding the Twelve Apostles), and dwells in believers by faith. We sow to the Spirit, not to the flesh. We live by the Spirit and walk by the Spirit. All of this is by faith. It is the work or working of God and the Spirit. God is Spirit. There is the Spirit of God, the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

Shalom.

Jacob

Yes Jacob, without faith it's nothing. :)

oatmeal

Shalom!

Should the Ten Commandments be observed by all citizens of the United States of America?

What is the place of the Ten Commandments in the law of the United States of America?

Should observance of the Ten Commandments be enforced or even be voluntary?

Have judges and courts ruled in favor of the Ten Commandments or even made decisions according to the dictates of the Ten Commandments?

Do we understand to love God with all of our heart, with all of our soul, and with all of our might, and to love our neighbor as ourself?

Shalom.

Jacob

No, those who have learned what love is from reading and believing those epistles written to the believers in this age of grace fulfill the law by love. Romans 13:10

The law is not made for the righteous man but for the lawless and the disobedient. I Timothy 1:9

marhig

Shalom!

See

Matthew 5:17-20

Shalom.

Jacob
Jacob unlike some others, i don't believe that God's commandments are made void, God doesn't change. But I believe that once we truly love him and once we are born of God and walk in the Spirit, then through faith, and by his grace, God teaches us and directs us within our hearts and shows us where we are going wrong. He wants a our hearts cleansed and we are to obey him and do his will.

And Paul said this in Romans 3

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And if we love God with all our hearts, soul, mind and strength, and or neighbour as ourselves, then we wouldn't break his commandments. Because we wouldn't commit adultery, or lie, or kill, etc. And Jesus didn't put away the commandments of God, he strengthened them. He says that to go and lie with another, isn't the only way to commit adultery, but even to lust after someone else is to do so too! Jesus didn't brake that commandments of God ever, and he told those of us who believe in him to follow him, and he was our perfect example, so if we truly follow him, then we won't brake them either.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, those who have learned what love is from reading and believing those epistles written to the believers in this age of grace fulfill the law by love. Romans 13:10

The law is not made for the righteous man but for the lawless and the disobedient. I Timothy 1:9
Shalom.

Are you asking about the punishments according to the law, or the observance such that you are not punished but you are obeying God?

Punishing transgressors is a part of God's law, but there is a way that this takes place, for example with witnesses 2 or 3 as a simple way of saying it, and maybe even a judge (for what is a judge for?). The witnesses would testify at the appropriate time or in time, before a judge. Otherwise we ourselves would be the judge, and how would someone become a judge?

So we have to read and understand the Law on this. Is it possible to die for a crime without a court or a judge?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob unlike some others, i don't believe that God's commandments are made void, God doesn't change. But I believe that once we truly love him and once we are born of God and walk in the Spirit, then through faith, and by his grace, God teaches us and directs us within our hearts and shows us where we are going wrong. He wants a our hearts cleansed and we are to obey him and do his will.

And Paul said this in Romans 3

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And if we love God with all our hearts, soul, mind and strength, and or neighbour as ourselves, then we wouldn't break his commandments. Because we wouldn't commit adultery, or lie, or kill, etc. And Jesus didn't put away the commandments of God, he strengthened them. He says that to go and lie with another, isn't the only way to commit adultery, but even to lust after someone else is to do so too! Jesus didn't brake that commandments of God ever, and he told those of us who believe in him to follow him, and he was our perfect example, so if we truly follow him, then we won't brake them either.
Shalom.

Jacob