Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
When? When He commanded they be put to death?
Sorry, I thought you were talking about Jesus. not Pilate.

Or you could be describing Hitler. Or even George Bush.

I thought you were discussing the Son of God, Prince of Peace, Messiah, Lamb of God, etc. You know--someone who actually manifests divinity and not violent authority figures...

Catholicteen

I can't believe 64 people voted yes...these are the days I mourn what many so called "Christians" are coming to =/ May Christ have mercy on those who would do such terrible things to others, taking God's judgement into their own hands and not even taking the oppertunity to correct their paths. Seems to me that 64 people need to re-read the Bible and especially look at the red words...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I can't believe 64 people voted yes...these are the days I mourn what many so called "Christians" are coming to =/ May Christ have mercy on those who would do such terrible things to others, taking God's judgement into their own hands and not even taking the oppertunity to correct their paths. Seems to me that 64 people need to re-read the Bible and especially look at the red words...
Seems to me a certain Catholic teen needs to read the words of God, through the entire Bible.

Catholicteen

I'll have you know I've read the English Bible thrice and the Latin Vulgate once. Not once did I see the phrase "Homosexuals should be given the death penalty" I did see a verse that says, "Vengence is Mine, says the LORD"

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'll have you know I've read the English Bible thrice and the Latin Vulgate once. Not once did I see the phrase "Homosexuals should be given the death penalty" I did see a verse that says, "Vengence is Mine, says the LORD"
You just responded to Leviticus 20:13 in another thread. Have you seriously never read that before?

Catholicteen

Of course I have. God says sexual immorality is wrong and points active homosexuals out. God will take out His judgements on said people as he will all of us who sin and do not repent. This passage is going through the laws God lays down for Israel during this time, not the laws of today. As you'll notice if you read the entire chapter, anyone who visits a fortune teller should be killed, anyone who has ever cursed his father or mother must die, anyone who committs adultary must die, anyone who ever had a threesome must die, anyone with more than one wife must die, anyone sleeps/have sex (depends on how literal you take it) with a woman during their period, they must be killed. This is the law given to Israel in the old times, it does not remain in effect for today. As I said earlier- if it did, we'd be under the old covenent and you'd need to be killing your lamb every year. While these things can be very well argued (and I'd agree) as morally wrong- the penalties attached to them were meant for Israel during this time, not 2007. The purpose of Leviticus backs up my point.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Of course I have. God says sexual immorality is wrong and points active homosexuals out. God will take out His judgements on said people as he will all of us who sin and do not repent. This passage is going through the laws God lays down for Israel during this time, not the laws of today. As you'll notice if you read the entire chapter, anyone who visits a fortune teller should be killed, anyone who has ever cursed his father or mother must die, anyone who committs adultary must die, anyone who ever had a threesome must die, anyone with more than one wife must die, anyone sleeps/have sex (depends on how literal you take it) with a woman during their period, they must be killed. This is the law given to Israel in the old times, it does not remain in effect for today. As I said earlier- if it did, we'd be under the old covenent and you'd need to be killing your lamb every year. While these things can be very well argued (and I'd agree) as morally wrong- the penalties attached to them were meant for Israel during this time, not 2007. The purpose of Leviticus backs up my point.
Catholicteen, do you accept the death penalty as an appropriate and just penalty for any crime at all? Or do you oppose it completely?

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
WRONG!

Yes, adultery was a capital crime. It still should be. But I don't recall it being a capital crime to have sex with a woman on her period. And while I understand that some of those laws were very specifically for Israel, some of them were laws that most people agree should be in effect, to some degree, for everyone, always. Most people believe that theft, murder, rape, kidnapping and perjury should be illegal. Do you not agree?

red77

WRONG!

Yes, adultery was a capital crime. It still should be. But I don't recall it being a capital crime to have sex with a woman on her period. And while I understand that some of those laws were very specifically for Israel, some of them were laws that most people agree should be in effect, to some degree, for everyone, always. Most people believe that theft, murder, rape, kidnapping and perjury should be illegal. Do you not agree?

Of course most people would agree that crimes that violate another up and to the point of taking a life should be illegal, adultery does not fall into that so it's hardly surprising that you get a lot of stick for trying to make out that it is and should be punishable by death, you choose to remain living under mosaic law for certain things and not others......

Catholicteen

Most people believe that theft, murder, rape, kidnapping and perjury should be illegal. Do you not agree?

I never said that people who commit those things should be free from any punishments, but punishments of death are no longer acceptable, as Christ showed us when he said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" when people tried to execute a woman who committed adultery as the laws of Leviticus stated.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I never said that people who commit those things should be free from any punishments, but punishments of death are no longer acceptable, as Christ showed us when he said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" when people tried to execute a woman who committed adultery as the laws of Leviticus stated.

So following that example, should we just tell all criminals to sin no more and let them just walk away? What should the punishment be for capital crimes?

Catholicteen

So following that example, should we just tell all criminals to sin no more and let them just walk away? What should the punishment be for capital crimes?

I'm not saying that imprisionment is wrong, I'm saying that killing someone for their crimes (as was the law in Leviticus) is no longer demanded by God.

red77

Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! nobody who opposes the DP for sexual immorality has ever to my knowledge opposed punishment for those who commit violent and violative sexual acts!!!!!!!!! Will some of you lot please quit with that strawman......??! :freak:

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I'm not saying that imprisionment is wrong, I'm saying that killing someone for their crimes (as was the law in Leviticus) is no longer demanded by God.

Revelations 13:10 (Take note, not OT)
10 He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

1 Timothy 1:8-9 (OT? Nope.)
8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Luke 23:41 (Not OT. In fact, this is quoting the newly justified murderer on the cross beside Jesus.)
41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.”

Mark 7:8-11 (Jesus Himself chastises the Pharisees for not keeping the law. Specifically the most difficult to accept death penalty crime.)
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men[a]—the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”
9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition. 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’[c] 11 But you say, ‘If a man says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is Corban”—’ (that is, a gift to God),

Romans 13: 1-3 (Well after Christ's resurrection)
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Romans 13:
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! nobody who opposes the DP for sexual immorality has ever to my knowledge opposed punishment for those who commit violent and violative sexual acts!!!!!!!!! Will some of you lot please quit with that strawman......??! :freak:

If that one single set of verses in the bible completely repeals every other verse in the bible, before and after, that clearly affirms the death penalty for these crimes then what, pray tell, should the penalty be? The bible gives no other penalty but death! Anywhere!
By all means, explain how if this penalty has been repealed that any punishment at all is just.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
If that one single set of verses in the bible completely repeals every other verse in the bible, before and after, that clearly affirms the death penalty for these crimes then what, pray tell, should the penalty be? The bible gives no other penalty but death! Anywhere!
By all means, explain how if this penalty has been repealed that any punishment at all is just.

They ignore the context of the verse (pharisees judging as hypocrites) and that God can forgiven anyone He chooses to forgive...like King David for being an adulterer and murderer.