Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Now we are talking past each other. I would like to distinguish between historical fact/probablitiy and theology. "Jesus is God, etc." is a faith statement. "Jesus was a first-century Galilean teacher, etc." is a statement of history.

I never wanted the "point" of this dialogue to result in a barrage of questions that don't really want an answer and a lot of insensitive, decidedly non-Christian "digs" and juvenille name-calling.

Admit you don't understand me or are frustrated. Please don't project it out and make it my fault.
If Jesus is not God, then why heed His words at all? Why not heed the words of God, instead of a mere man?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Great universal Christian questions....That's something we all have to work out on our own.
The answer is that there is no reason to regard His words above the words of God, if He is not God. And if He is, then His words never contradict/ed the words of the Father. Ever!

If you're willing to sacrifice the words of your Creator in favor of the words of someone you regard as a mere man, then you are not a Christian, you are Godless, in the utmost!

And I also noticed you didn't even attempt to answer any of my questions. You don't know the answers do you? You just heard some speculation, and bought it. That's pathetic!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The answer is that there is no reason to regard His words above the words of God, if He is not God. And if He is, then His words never contradict/ed the words of the Father. Ever!

If you're willing to sacrifice the words of your Creator in favor of the words of someone you regard as a mere man, then you are not a Christian, you are Godless, in the utmost!

And I also noticed you didn't even attempt to answer any of my questions. You don't know the answers do you? You just heard some speculation, and bought it. That's pathetic!
As I posted before:
I never wanted the "point" of this dialogue to result in a barrage of questions that don't really want an answer and a lot of insensitive, decidedly non-Christian "digs" and juvenille name-calling.

If you are willing to focus a question and agree to keep things on track, I will be glad to answer your questions--but only one or two at a time. And I expect no less from you.

So fire away--have back at me! But no insults please.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
As I posted before:

If you are willing to focus a question and agree to keep things on track, I will be glad to answer your questions--but only one or two at a time. And I expect no less from you.

So fire away--have back at me! But no insults please.
Liar! I asked you several questions that I want an answer to. And all you can do is stall, because you don't have any answers. Coward!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Liar! I asked you several questions that I want an answer to. And all you can do is stall, because you don't have any answers. Coward!
If you are willing to focus a question and agree to keep things on track, I will be glad to answer your questions--but only one or two at a time. And I expect no less from you. But hey--no name calling or ad hominem insults which attack my character rather than answering my arguments and my questions.

Does that seem fair to you?

Daniel50

Judge Orders Man to Divulge Religious Beliefs in "Homophobia" Case

New York state judge has ordered a businessman to state his religious beliefs about homosexuality in a case brought forward by the man's former employee.
Plaintiff John Fairchild alleges that Ted Doudak, a Christian and the president of Riva Jewelry, terminated his employment without reason after discovering that both Doudak and his daughter were homosexual.
In Fairchild's complaint, the former employee of Riva Jewelry accuses Doudak of a "homophobia," proved by a history of "discriminatory" behaviour, including expressing his "disgust" with homosexuals, quoting bible verses that say homosexuals will be condemned to hell, and directing Fairchild to deal with homosexual representatives at Tiffany's since Doudak himself preferred not to
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/jul/07070606.html

Daniel50

Watchman accused of sodomy
A 12-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by a watchman at Nala Sopara recently after being lured with sweets. The incident came to light after the boy’s mother found him bleeding.

The accused, Vinod Chavan, lives in the same neighbourhood as the victim. He has been arrested. The victim, a mentally-challenged boy, was playing alone on Wednesday when Chavan called him to his room. He then shut the door and allegedly sodomised the boy. Chavan later offered the victim some money. "The boy was bleeding profusely. When his mother questioned him, he told her what had happened," said a police officer.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Mumbai/Watchman_accused_of_sodomy/articleshow/2183598.cms

red77

Yes. Just like anyone who catches someone committing a crime can report it to the police now.:dunce::duh:

Great, so we'll have a 1984 style society then will we? lets spy on our neighbours etc etc becos thats what its tantamount to, geez... :rain:

That's irrelevant to the point. The existence of children is a moot point, because anyone who has children and commits any capital crime will be leaving those children behind in such a system.

It is relevant to the point because an adulterer has already risked his/her family by having an affair and yet have not committed any violent or crime of violation against another except the trust of their spouse, how can you possibly equate murder and rape with adultery and being worthy of execution?

No. He would not have let them, because they weren't following the Mosaic law anymore than they were following Roman law.

Nobody woke up. They just started ignoring God.

tell me something, if Jesus knowed that noone was going to stone anyone that day then why did he say what he did?

People did wake up, would you advocate the return of the spanish inquisition and its brutal methods of torture? the human race has progressed, only those caught up in OT legalism would want us to have a society as barbaric and backward as that in which you'd have us live under.....

MrRadish

People did wake up, would you advocate the return of the spanish inquisition and its brutal methods of torture? the human race has progressed, only those caught up in OT legalism would want us to have a society as barbaric and backward as that in which you'd have us live under.....

Hear hear. If only I knew how to give positive rep thingies.

Even if God is infalliable, humans aren't; how do you know you're not making an error in reading those segments of the Bible completely literally?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If you are willing to focus a question and agree to keep things on track, I will be glad to answer your questions--but only one or two at a time. And I expect no less from you. But hey--no name calling or ad hominem insults which attack my character rather than answering my arguments and my questions.

Does that seem fair to you?
I already asked you the questions, and you haven't even tried to answer them.

Great, so we'll have a 1984 style society then will we? lets spy on our neighbours etc etc becos thats what its tantamount to, geez... :rain:
Who said anything about spying. If you catch someone committing a crime, you report them. You don't have to be spying to catch someone.:dunce::duh:

It is relevant to the point because an adulterer has already risked his/her family by having an affair and yet have not committed any violent or crime of violation against another except the trust of their spouse, how can you possibly equate murder and rape with adultery and being worthy of execution?
It's not relevant, because your argument is that the spouse and children will be left behind. That will happen anytime someone who has a spouse and children is executed, for any crime. So it's a moot argument.

tell me something, if Jesus knowed that noone was going to stone anyone that day then why did he say what he did?
:bang:

The Spanish inquisition was not commanded by God. Care to try again?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I already asked you the questions, and you haven't even tried to answer them.
As I said, I will be glad to answer your questions--but only one or two at a time.

I also want to address your point quoted here:

The trouble with this sort of reasoning, as I see it, is that Torquemada and his minions were commanded by God--at least the way they understood it. If you could check with them today, they would surely bear me out.

David Koresh, Jim Jones, Jerry Falwell--all of them were commanded by God.

You know this is a major bugaboo in discussions of religious inspiration and morality. That's the way it is.

Layla

New York state judge has ordered a businessman to state his religious beliefs about homosexuality in a case brought forward by the man's former employee.
Plaintiff John Fairchild alleges that Ted Doudak, a Christian and the president of Riva Jewelry, terminated his employment without reason after discovering that both Doudak and his daughter were homosexual.
In Fairchild's complaint, the former employee of Riva Jewelry accuses Doudak of a "homophobia," proved by a history of "discriminatory" behaviour, including expressing his "disgust" with homosexuals, quoting bible verses that say homosexuals will be condemned to hell, and directing Fairchild to deal with homosexual representatives at Tiffany's since Doudak himself preferred not to

Do you have a point to make? Why don't you comment on the news stories you post?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

This is just sad. Jesus wept.

Daniel50

Lesbian Couple Wants Access to Religious Property for Civil Union
A lesbian couple in New Jersey has filed a complaint against a Methodist-owned campground, claiming illegal discrimination because their request for a civil union ceremony on the property was denied.

Harriet Bernstein and Luisa Paster in March applied for use of the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association's Boardwalk Pavilion for their civil union ceremony, planned for September. The Methodist organization rejected their application and later told Bernstein in an email that it did not allow civil unions to be held on the pavilion.
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200707/NAT20070709a.html

red77

Who said anything about spying. If you catch someone committing a crime, you report them. You don't have to be spying to catch someone.:dunce::duh:

Oh grow up LH, if adultery was made a capital crime then we'd be in George Orwell world, privacy would be a thing of the past and we'd have a society based on mistrust and ill feeling as happens when the state pushes its nose into peoples personal 'affairs'...

It's not relevant, because your argument is that the spouse and children will be left behind. That will happen anytime someone who has a spouse and children is executed, for any crime. So it's a moot argument.

The point was being made that murder is a capital crime for a obvious reasons, do you compare adultery as being on the same par with rape and murder?

Stop evading and answer the question LH,

With good reason, their methods were barbaric and would have no place in a modern and supposedly advanced society, wouldnt you agree?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
As I said, I will be glad to answer your questions--but only one or two at a time.
Then how about you go back and answer the last question I asked?

I also want to address your point quoted here:

The trouble with this sort of reasoning, as I see it, is that Torquemada and his minions were commanded by God--at least the way they understood it. If you could check with them today, they would surely bear me out.
And yet there is nothing to back up their claim. No "Mt. Sinai experience" as it were.

David Koresh, Jim Jones, Jerry Falwell--all of them were commanded by God.
What was wrong with Falwell? And the first two were nut-jobs. Everyone recognizes that.

You know this is a major bugaboo in discussions of religious inspiration and morality. That's the way it is.
And in the end there was no standard for forcing conversions at the threat of death.

Oh grow up LH, if adultery was made a capital crime then we'd be in George Orwell world, privacy would be a thing of the past and we'd have a society based on mistrust and ill feeling as happens when the state pushes its nose into peoples personal 'affairs'...
Prove it. Back up your ludicrous statement. Show how this law would require people's privacy to be invaded. If you want, you can use examples from the history of the US, seeing as how it used to be the law here.

The point was being made that murder is a capital crime for a obvious reasons, do you compare adultery as being on the same par with rape and murder?
Yes. Why?

Stop evading and answer the question LH,
He was proving a point.

With good reason, their methods were barbaric and would have no place in a modern and supposedly advanced society, wouldnt you agree?
Their methods weren't the biggest issue. There reasons were the main problem. Forcing conversions is wrong, period.