Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Imrahil said:
Homosexuality was a capital crime under God's law. As was adultery, murder, rape, and kidnapping. Do you support the death penalty for any of those crimes?
So were blasphemy, idolatry and apostasy. Do you support capital punishment for them?

lovemeorhateme

erinmarie said:
I can't stand the love they neighbor argument when it's so blatantly abused. You're an unrepentant sinner, living a degenerate lifestyle and you think the worse offense is Rimi's anger? No matter where her anger is stemming from, or whether or not she may be a little ardent in her mocking, she is still judging you righteously according to The Word of God.

I often post this link to this article and thread, and offer it as a tool to see what Our Lord and Saviour told us about judging the unrepentant. http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16851

Read it, think about it, and realize that you are the the unrepentant sinner, and it's not funny. At all.

I am not an unrepentant sinner. There are people on this site who can vouch for that. I have said things in the past, when I was an unrepentant sinner. I am not an unrepentant sinner at the minute.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gerald said:
So were blasphemy, idolatry and apostasy. Do you support capital punishment for them?
No. Those were crimes specifically for Israel because of their status as the Chosen Nation.

lovemeorhateme

I still think it is scary that anyone would advocate the death penalty for a homosexual purely because they are homosexual, or acting on their homosexual desires.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Imrahil said:
No. Those were crimes specifically for Israel because of their status as the Chosen Nation.
Chapter and verse, please?

You're not a dispensationalist by any chance, are you?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Imrahil said:

:rotfl:

What a crock. You people would enforce those laws the first chance you got. Quit being such a coward.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
Bible reference please?
References for the punishments for those crimes?
Gerald said:
Chapter and verse, please?
Same question.

Yes, I am.

Granite1010 said:
What a crock. You people would enforce those laws the first chance you got. Quit being such a coward.
I see the vaunted clairvoyance of Granite is coming into play again. Do you have any evidence I'm lying or are you just tossing out slander as usual?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Imrahil said:

Same question.

Yes, I am.

I see the vaunted clairvoyance of Granite is coming into play again. Do you have any evidence I'm lying or are you just tossing out slander as usual?

Lying, perhaps not. Ignorant of your faith's history? Without question.

Christianity ALWAYS abuses political power the minute it is seized. There is no exception in the church's history. When you guys are in the driver's seat you kill, you burn, and you give your entire faith a fresh black eye.

lovemeorhateme

Imrahil said:

Same question.

Yes, I am.

No, I meant where the Bible says which laws apply and which don't.

allsmiles

lovemeorhateme said:
I still think it is scary that anyone would advocate the death penalty for a homosexual purely because they are homosexual, or acting on their homosexual desires.

absolutely frightening. if they were allowed to execute people for their intimate, personal, bedroom habits where would they possible stop?

throughout the history of the church, whenever they are given an inch, they take a mile.

these people need to remain utterly powerless.

lovemeorhateme

Granite said:
Imrahil said:

Same question.

Christianity ALWAYS abuses political power the minute it is seized. There is no exception in the church's history. When you guys are in the driver's seat you kill, you burn, and you give your entire faith a fresh black eye.

It most certainly does :(

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
Imrahil said:

Ooooh, so what other people have done automatically tells you what I would do and I'm a coward for not realizing it! I get it now. :doh:

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
No, I meant where the Bible says which laws apply and which don't.
It isn't found in a single verse but in an understanding of the Bible. God set Israel aside to be His chosen people to reach the world. Idolatry, witchcraft and other sins of that nature were punished so severely because it was essential that Israel remain true to God in order to fulfill His plan. Unfortunately, they did not remain true and their status as the chosen people was taken away. Now, those laws concerning only Israel are not in effect because they have been cut off.

lovemeorhateme

allsmiles said:
absolutely frightening. if they were allowed to execute people for their intimate, personal, bedroom habits where would they possible stop?

throughout the history of the church, whenever they are given an inch, they take a mile.

these people need to remain utterly powerless.

I agree with you :thumb:

lovemeorhateme

Imrahil said:
It isn't found in a single verse but in an understanding of the Bible. God set Israel aside to be His chosen people to reach the world. Idolatry, witchcraft and other sins of that nature were punished so severely because it was essential that Israel remain true to God in order to fulfill His plan. Unfortunately, they did not remain true and their status as the chosen people was taken away. Now, those laws concerning only Israel are not in effect because they have been cut off.

Ah, so it's not mentioned specifically Biblically. It is pure human opinion and human understanding of the Bible that you are using to justify what you say. Obviously, human opinion is infallible. Now why didn't I think of it before? :doh:

On Fire

Gerald said:
Heh, I've mocked God, and it got me the chance to break the nose of a would-be Crusader.

Boy, was he surprised. He was convinced God would help him win. :first:
Your loss will come in the end, Princess of Darkness.