Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Can you find someone who is denying that this guy is a racist?

You're wailing about a non-crime, that's right, racism isn't a crime, and ignoring the fact that he is a murderer. You want to deny justice. Murderers should be executed. There should be no criminal charge for being a hate-filled racist.

Correct, because there should be equal protection under the law and hate crime laws offer special protection to select people.

rexlunae

Correct, because there should be equal protection under the law and hate crime laws offer special protection to select people.

There were nine people who died in this attack. Would you say that there were only nine victims, or are there other people who might legitimately feel that they were attacked in some way?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There were nine people who died in this attack. Would you say that there were only nine victims, or are there other people who might legitimately feel that they were attacked in some way?

Well, you're whining, so I guess it affected you. :rolleyes:

What do you think should happen? Execute him and then send him to a course on political correctness?

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Many, but they have no more a right to extra protection than anyone else.

Would it be any less or more of a crime if the person who killed them were black? Would other people who feel attacked feel less attacked if the person who killed them were black?

All violent crimes are hateful.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would it be any less or more of a crime if the person who killed them were black? Would other people who feel attacked feel less attacked if the person who killed them were black?
:thumb:

A question the Moon King will refuse to answer.

People who focus on this murderer's racism hate justice.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Can you find someone who is denying that this guy is a racist?

You're wailing about a non-crime -- that's right, racism isn't a crime -- and ignoring the fact that he is a murderer. You want to deny justice. Murderers should be executed. There should be no criminal charge for being a hate-filled racist.
I was watching "FOX & Friends" and noticed full-bore denial of racism. They seemed to bend over backward to avoid calling the crime what it was.

Racism isn't a crime? I disagree. I believe racism is crime--a moral crime.

What made you decide I want to "deny justice"?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was watching "FOX & Friends" and noticed full-bore denial of racism. They seemed to bend over backward to avoid calling the [murderer a racist].
That's nice.

Did you hear someone saying this murderer is not a racist?

Racism isn't a crime? I disagree. I believe racism is crime--a moral crime.
The fact that you had to add a qualifier shows you knew exactly what I meant: Racism is not a crime; it cannot bring judicial punishment.

What made you decide I want to "deny justice"?
You're desperate to talk about false flags and the feelings of other people rather than say this murderer should be executed.

PureX

It was an act of domestic terrorism, inspired by racial hatred. We know this because the victims were random except for their being black, and because the killer apparently claimed he wanted to start some sort of armageddon race war. The intent was not just to kill, but to kill black people, and to cause another violent racial reaction. One he imagined would spark a racial war in America.

This isn't just a simple mass murder, any more than 9/11 was just another mass murder. Both were intended to spark more violence by a specific group of people against another group of people. These crimes would not have occurred had there not been the racial, ethnic and/or religious hatred that inspired it. So to try, now, to ignore or dismiss the racial and hate-based cause of these kinds of crimes is just plain stupid. As well and dangerous. As it dismisses the added danger in people killing other people for no reason having anything to do with the people they kill. And those kinds of crimes are nearly impossible to anticipate and thwart.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was an act of domestic terrorism, inspired by racial hatred. We know this because the victims were random except for their being black, and because the killer apparently claimed he wanted to start some sort of armageddon race war. The intent was not just to kill, but to kill black people, and to cause another violent racial reaction. One he imagined would spark a racial war in America. This isn't just a simple mass murder, any more than 9/11 was just another mass murder. Both were intended to spark more violence by a specific group of people against another group of people. These crimes would not have occurred had there not been the racial, ethnic and/or religious hatred that inspired it. So to try, now, to ignore or dismiss the racial and hate-based cause of these kinds of crimes is just plain stupid. As well and dangerous. As it dismisses the added danger in people killing other people for no reason having anything to do with the people they kill. And those kinds of crimes are nearly impossible to anticipate and thwart.

Please show us someone who denies that this murderer is a racist.

You anti-justice whiners keep harping on about racism; show us an example of what you are talking about. Who is it that denies race was the major motivation behind this crime?

Granite

Hall of Fame
It was an act of domestic terrorism, inspired by racial hatred. We know this because the victims were random except for their being black, and because the killer apparently claimed he wanted to start some sort of armageddon race war. The intent was not just to kill, but to kill black people, and to cause another violent racial reaction. One he imagined would spark a racial war in America.

This isn't just a simple mass murder, any more than 9/11 was just another mass murder. Both were intended to spark more violence by a specific group of people against another group of people. These crimes would not have occurred had there not been the racial, ethnic and/or religious hatred that inspired it. So to try, now, to ignore or dismiss the racial and hate-based cause of these kinds of crimes is just plain stupid. As well and dangerous. As it dismisses the added danger in people killing other people for no reason having anything to do with the people they kill. And those kinds of crimes are nearly impossible to anticipate and thwart.

Seems like we haven't learned much in the last 150 years.

PureX

Who is it that denies race was the major motivation behind this crime?
Anyone, like you, who claims that this is "just another crime", not worthy of special concern or consideration. You're trying to downplay racism and terrorism by rendering them insignificant as motives. When they are not insignificant motives. They are a very dangerous kind of motive that require a special kind of vigilance to thwart.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Black people murdered in the one place in the world they--and anyone--should expect to find sanctuary.

A denial on the part of pundits, talking heads, and cowardly politicians to call the attack exactly what it is.

The legacy of hate continues.

Maybe we just never learn anything. Maybe we're afraid to look in the mirror. Maybe the question "Why are we like this?" has no easy answer, or maybe the answer's too much for us to deal with.

Granite

Hall of Fame

It was an attack against black America.

bybee

Are you equally adamant in your assessment of black hate crimes against white America?
The young black man who threw a white woman into oncoming traffic and declared "I hate white people" and all of the black atrocities committed against white because they "hate white people"?
Rather, each person who allows personal feelings to get out of control and commits a crime is responsible for the crime.
We all must resist allowing hatred to blossom for any reason.

bybee

Anyone, like you, who claims that this is "just another crime", not worthy of special concern or consideration. You're trying to downplay racism and terrorism by rendering them insignificant as motives. When they are not insignificant motives. They are a very dangerous kind of motive that require a special kind of vigilance to thwart.

It starts in the heart. Parents must be vigilant and pay attention to their children. Parents must use care in how they speak in front of their children.
Train up a child in the way in which he should go....
The children of the slain churchgoers are a heart wrenching example of children well brought up and nurtured.
They have touched my sensibilities in a way that I cannot fully describe.
Love is still alive in this world.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Are you equally adamant in your assessment of black hate crimes against white America?

Bybee: With all due respect, this kind of tactic is despicable--or in your case, just poorly thought--and this isn't the time for some kind of ham-fisted attempt at a confused, half-baked, and misinformed moral equivalency.

Nine black people were killed because they were black in a black church with a long history of historical significance to the black community. They were killed by a white man who hated them for who they were. They were killed in a state that fired the first shot in the Civil War, and that still flies the flag of the country that was founded on the principle of white supremacy.

An attempt to deflect this issue, or to downplay the significance of this atrocity, is ignorant in the extreme.

bybee

Bybee: With all due respect, this kind of tactic is despicable--or in your case, just poorly thought--and this isn't the time for some kind of ham-fisted attempt at a confused, half-baked, and misinformed moral equivalency.

Nine black people were killed because they were black in a black church with a long history of historical significance to the black community. They were killed by a white man who hated them for who they were. They were killed in a state that fired the first shot in the Civil War, and that still flies the flag of the country that was founded on the principle of white supremacy.

An attempt to deflect this issue, or to downplay the significance of this atrocity, is ignorant in the extreme.
You misread me if you think I attempt to downplay this utterly heinous act. I am still stupefied by it.
That kind of hatred is terrifying to me. And it is racial hatred.
But that is exactly what I am trying to clear up.
Put the crime where it has happened. Do not let blanket statements diffuse the horror of a personal deed wherein one hate filled individual slaughtered 9 innocent persons and destroyed a sense of security even in our churches.
I want the focus to be on the killer. How did he get that way and how can we change this?
Please allow that I come at some issues from a different logistic focus than you do without judging me as stupid or unfeeling.
I would not do that to you.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You misread me if you think I attempt to downplay this utterly heinous act. I am still stupefied by it.
That kind of hatred is terrifying to me. And it is racial hatred.
But that is exactly what I am trying to clear up.
Put the crime where it has happened. Do not let blanket statements diffuse the horror of a personal deed wherein one hate filled individual slaughtered 9 innocent persons and destroyed a sense of security even in our churches.
I want the focus to be on the killer. How did he get that way and how can we change this?
Please allow that I come at some issues from a different logistic focus than you do without judging me as stupid or unfeeling.
I would not do that to you.

Understood.

As for the killer...

I don't think we've ever really had a reckoning when it comes to race in this country. Minorities still lack the same economic and social opportunities. They're incarcerated at higher rates. The leaders of the civil rights movement were murdered under circumstances--in at least two cases--that were highly suspicious and never properly investigated. Suppression of minority voters continues. Black men are killed regularly by whites--police and civilians--with little to no repercussions. And so on.

Racism's gotten more sophisticated. We don't have slavery, per se (although poverty and incarceration rates among minorities paint a different picture). Jim Crow may be gone officially but its spirit persists. Profiling has taken its place, in large part. There's no real dialogue about racism in America because many voices continue to loudly declare there's no need for it. And the very same folks who insist that racism's gone away are often the same people who use dog whistles most effectively.

Sorry, but "slavery's been gone for a long time" doesn't cut it. Not by a long shot. So we try to sweep the issue aside. We pretend that can of worms isn't open. We allow swaths of our country to steep in the resentments and rhetoric of a rebellion that doesn't appear to have ever truly died or reconciled itself with reality. It takes a massacre for some of us to suggest maybe, just maybe, a Confederate flag shouldn't be flying a century and a half after Appomattox.

There are certain topics Americans just don't talk about. The reality of racism? Forget it. Out of control gun culture? It's a non-starter.

The first step in solving a problem is admitting you have one. And that's a step Americans by nature really hate taking. We can be a kind people, even a great people. But self-reflection's not one of our natural virtues.

Needs to change. Now.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyone, like you, who claims that this is "just another crime."
Can you show us someone who has called this "just another crime"?

I know you're lying when it comes to me saying any such thing.

You're trying to downplay racism and terrorism by rendering them insignificant as motives.
Nope.

When they are not insignificant motives. They are a very dangerous kind of motive that require a special kind of vigilance to thwart.
You could start with justice. Execute the murderer. Do it tomorrow. Do it on live TV with rocks. How much could that cost compared with paying for his lawyers, food and accommodation for the next 60 years?

Black people murdered in the one place in the world they--and anyone--should expect to find sanctuary.
The womb? Thousands every day and in "racist" proportions.

A denial on the part of pundits, talking heads, and cowardly politicians to call the attack exactly what it is.
Murder?

Who is denying that it was murder?

The legacy of stupidity continues.

Maybe we just never learn anything. Maybe we're afraid to look in the mirror. Maybe the question "Why are we like this?" has no easy answer, or maybe the answer's too much for us to deal with.

And it killed nine people; this the murderer should be executed.

Like you demanding some kind of "answer" from an undisclosed set of people?

The first phrase is the only one required to justify executing the murderer. It sounds like you want to incriminate more people for other things.

We should start with justice. Execute the murderer. That would show seriousness in the more appropriate manner.

Needs to change. Now.
You could start by executing the murderer. :up:

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Would you make the same argument for random attacks as well?